I wish I would have known...

DoctorGameGeek

I'm almost at Adventure Rank 25, and I'm trying to get the 400 chests in Mondstadt before moving on to Liyue.  

What is something you know now having played the game for a while that you wish you would have known at the start of the game?

Aside from the obvs you can't re-roll unless you start a new PS4 account, I wish I knew how important it was to save ATK-boosting artifacts even if they're not three-star and up.  One of my characters is a melee beast because of the Berserker set.  Unless I get a good elemental combo effect, I feel like everyone else's offensive power is just sad.  I guess I could just re-run domains to pick up new artifacts, but still...

• Like 1

You only want Elemental mastery on the person causing a reaction it doesn't effect the spell by itself.

Lots of chests respawn.

You are going to want to save primo gems to farm later rather then rolling every time you get them.

ATK boosts spell Damage as well.

You will want to spend a day farming all the Stamina things (Amonculous?) Mark of of them on your map and go grab them all.  Do the same for Geoculus they give tons of XP and also stamina will help you progress faster.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 2

On 17/10/2020 at 4:41 AM, SurvivAah said:

I'm AR 18, and today learned a battle pass becomes available at AR 20. Had I known, I would've put a lid on my fruit/vegetable kleptomania, so I could push rank faster, and be rewarded for it later (BP challenges).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are retroactive. For example, I did around 10 domains before its mission unlocked in the BP (and did many of those before even AR 20), and now being AR 23 I have 10 out of 15 after the weekly reset for the first time I'm having domains to do for BP XP.

Same with many other things they will ask you for the first time. Things you made at the blacksmith, Mona spent, etc. A lot of these things I did between the very beginning and AR 20 counted as a task done when I first opened the BP interface.

I don't know if it's done on purpose, or if they will fix it some day.

p.s. in your case even your kleptomania helps, some missions are about grabbing specialties (herbs, fruits included) from each land

Edited by Ekir
  • Like 2

I knew about the 90 wish pity pull. What I didn't know (before I spread out a lot of my first 85 wishes), is the 90 wishes has to be on the same type of banner. I've made 95 Wishes so far total (i made 10 today) and still ZERO 5* anything. No 5* weapon, No 5* character.

I don't buy microtransactions, and this game is VERY VERY stingy with it's wishes (fates, primogems). There are only a couple of characters I'm interested in, but the game is so horribly designed... I have to choose which one I want to even try for. Sad, isn't it? Only interested in 2 characters, and I can't even go for both. I'm saving up my primogems now, because I don't even know if I want to try for either of the characters I'm interested in at the moment, or wait over the next 6-18 months to see if another character gets released, that I would want instead.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:41 PM, SurvivAah said:

I'm AR 18, and today learned a battle pass becomes available at AR 20. Had I known, I would've put a lid on my fruit/vegetable kleptomania, so I could push rank faster, and be rewarded for it later (BP challenges).

I'm a packrat too and only stashed about 10% of my total backpack.  No worries.  ?  Get those veggies!  They're good for you!

In today's episode, I was yesterday years old when:

More than once, I thought I was broke on Mora because I would spend it all up leveling characters, weapons, and artifacts.  I was working on the 400 treasure chests in Mondstadt trophy (finally got it!) and realized I had all these unspent Ameno Sigils.  You can easily buy up everything in the With Wind Comes Glory souvenir shop (easy source of ascend materials for everyone but the MC).  After you buy all the limited items, you can spend an unlimited amount of Sigils on Mora.  I'm riiiiich.  ?

• Like 1

Check your characters' talents.

A few posts ago, I was all in my feelings because I thought I didn't do a good job of saving ATK-based artifacts for my players.  Now that I got the materials to ascend my characters, I learned that not all of the characters need even decent ATK scores.  Barbara, Beidou, and Amber (if you use Baron Bunny) are more effective if artifacts increase their HP.  Noelle needs DEF-boosting artifacts.  The only bona fide ATK-needing character I have is Kaeya.  So, get out there and hunt those artifacts anyway, you wonderful people you!

On 20/10/2020 at 0:22 PM, DoctorGameGeek said:

More than once, I thought I was broke on Mora because I would spend it all up leveling characters, weapons, and artifacts.  I was working on the 400 treasure chests in Mondstadt trophy (finally got it!) and realized I had all these unspent Ameno Sigils.  You can easily buy up everything in the With Wind Comes Glory souvenir shop (easy source of ascend materials for everyone but the MC).  After you buy all the limited items, you can spend an unlimited amount of Sigils on Mora.  I'm riiiiich.  1f602.png

The amount of mora you can buy from sigils is a drop in the bucket tbh.

Today I will ascend my characters to phase 4. The ascension alone costs 80k, but I also need to raise them from 55 to 60, so that's another 85k each. I'm not sure how much talents will cost, but level 4 was 25k each, so I expect at least 50k from there.

I've been keeping my main 4 on par with each other but I don't think I will be able anymore. It's time to simply focus on the main dps of the team =/.

The worst part about these costs is that if I happen to get a cool new character (like Beidou or Razor) I can't even use them unless I stop everything else and get them up on par with the rest.

I should be able to finish up the Spiral Abyss at least...

Edited by AndresLionheart

12 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

For the record, my traveler is Lvl 70. I upgraded all abilities as much as possible. Max out the accessories and I have the weapon ascended as well. It's still hard to beat some of the challenges. So leveling everything up doesn't make things easier.

Well, I was only able to get MC to 65 and the main DPS of the other team to 65 (who's using a 3* weapon). Then I had 3 ascended 60s and 3 ascended 40s to complete the teams. I was able to beat 8-3 no problem. The 7th floor was actually harder than the 8th.

Of course leveling helps, but what gives you the most stats is the weapon and artifacts.

Edited by AndresLionheart

Will update this list as I figure it out

What you can and can't do in co-op mode

Can do ?

• Defeat elite bosses on world map (except one)
  • Complete domains
  • Complete commissions
  • Collect materials and local collectibles
  • Mine metals
  • Collect spoils from domains and bosses
  • Chat and support each other ?

Can't do ?

• Bring all four of your characters into co-op party (# is evenly divided)
  • Co-op Stormterror
  • Complete archon or world quests
  • Open chests in other worlds
  • Shop at NPC stores
  • Trade goods between players
  • Join co-op teams as quickly on PS4 as you can on PC or mobile (tested: cable modem, wired, ~33 ms delay)

If you have something else to add or correct on here, send me a message.  I'll update this list and hit you up with a thanks!