Games you liked the gameplay and would like more of?

Maitre

original zelda, and god of war.

which zelda ?? the nes or snes ... i loved the snes version but unfortunatly zelda seems to have a problem reinventing itself at least ... to my perception. i feel like there not much suprise in the script ... but the games are still good imho. Gameplay wise i felt at the time that it pretty innovative, which is probably why it's thought to be a classic by so many.

i'm not much into god of war, which gameplay mechanism would you like integrated into more games??

I'd really like to see a good remake of Archon. For those that are not familiar... http://en.wikipedia....ht_and_the_Dark ...think of it being like the version of chess seen in Star Wars: A New Hope...

i could definately like this kind of game but nowadays it would propably be a mini-game in a bigger one or some kind of special mode inside a chess game ...

- Splinter Cell

- Metal Gear Solid

- Dino Crisis

- Demon's Crest

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

- MediEvil

- Zombies ate my Neighbors

any specific gameplay elements you liked about those games ???

Oh and i got some stuff i'd like to add as well after seing the new x-com vids on psn.

x-com terror from the deep : i think the wow factor in this game was all about the details ... fights were not just about damage, you had morale to account for and bleeding, and mind control, and discovering every single randomized lvls ... not knowing where the enemies were hidding in the darkness. and calculating Aciton point usage as well as ammunitions.

and ships had to be loadded with attention to weight and space, and fitted for different combat situations.

And found were based on your rating, with some contries that would defect to the enemies cause if you screwed up.

And the whole base construction and researches and personnel recruitment and arsenal restocking.

Sadly the new x-com is an FPS URG...

Also Dungeon Keeper was really fun mining gold and recruiting monster to kill heroes ... a bit liked the psp badman games but less random.

torturing poor souls to create ghosts and the whole dominatrixes huge demons ... and you could bully your monsters around lol

any specific gameplay elements you liked about those games ???

Well I always liked stealth games like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid. Dino Crisis is a cool survival horror game with dinosaurs, Demon's Crest is a pretty dark RPG with multiple endings and great bosses, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron is awesome because you can fly in an X-Wing, A-Wing etc.. and MediEvil and Zombies at my neighbors are great goofy games.

So I just finished War in the North and I enjoyed the game but I wish there was more to it. It was very short and easy to plow through... The only reason it took me a bit of time was because of work and sleep (nor did I get it on release) and I was still kind of sad to see just how little effort and time it took. I really hope they add some DLC or do a massive update with more story. The two challenge missions aren't enough to hold my interest and if that's all there will be to this game I feel massively ripped off. So I really hope they will put more into this in the coming months.

So I just finished War in the North and I enjoyed the game but I wish there was more to it. It was very short and easy to plow through... The only reason it took me a bit of time was because of work and sleep (nor did I get it on release) and I was still kind of sad to see just how little effort and time it took. I really hope they add some DLC or do a massive update with more story. The two challenge missions aren't enough to hold my interest and if that's all there will be to this game I feel massively ripped off. So I really hope they will put more into this in the coming months.

From what i heard the game isn't bad but it as some issues with some weird autosave, A.I, and revival mechanics, on top of having a short campaign mode.

My friend said "Dragon age : origins" mecanics with the Middle Erth story/concept would have been his favorite game of all time... lol

From what i heard the game isn't bad but it as some issues with some weird autosave, A.I, and revival mechanics, on top of having a short campaign mode.

My friend said "Dragon age : origins" mecanics with the Middle Erth story/concept would have been his favorite game of all time... lol

The autosave is whenever you leave a shop (so all your purchases and sales are saved) or enter a new section of a chapter. You'll see a yellow circle spinning round in the bottom middle of your screen (at least that's where it is for split screen co-op) for when it saves. I never had issues with it.

The AI is given a lot of grief but it's not bad. I did play everything split co-op so there was only one A.I (Human) but he was good at what he did. He would even steal my kills from time to time and it got a bit frustrating. He did stand in my way sometimes and I had to dodge roll through him to get through a door once or twice but that's about his only real glitch. Well, except he would always attack enemies in the area. So if you didn't provoke them or didn't want to, he would if his arrows were in range. However, you can press down on the D-pad and make him defend if you want to pull him away from them.

Revival is a bit of a pain since you have to go near the fallen person and hold down X until they come back and if you are hit hard it knocks you away and you have to start over. But the AIs are pretty good at getting you up on your feet. Plus, if you play Dwarf (or with one) they can obtain an ability they can add onto their War Cry which will raise all fallen allies inside the cast area of that skill.

So it's more of a game you get the most out of with other people so they can have their skills and you can use them all to your advantage. I never got to a level cap but I did get into my 30s.

Also, if you play Elf you will run into some major glitches. After my run on Normal mode (so on Heroic and Legendary) I couldn't gain extra experience with hard hits (aka: enter Hero's Mode) so I had to head shot everything to get that extra bonus. This also meant I couldn't bring up a hit chain. In Legendary I couldn't touch the war machines (the huge crossbows) because they has the possibility to glitch out and no one could get on them to use. And if I did get on one, I couldn't fire anything so I had to leave that to my co-op partner.

The autosave is whenever you leave a shop (so all your purchases and sales are saved) or enter a new section of a chapter. You'll see a yellow circle spinning round in the bottom middle of your screen (at least that's where it is for split screen co-op) for when it saves. I never had issues with it.

The AI is given a lot of grief but it's not bad. I did play everything split co-op so there was only one A.I (Human) but he was good at what he did. He would even steal my kills from time to time and it got a bit frustrating. He did stand in my way sometimes and I had to dodge roll through him to get through a door once or twice but that's about his only real glitch. Well, except he would always attack enemies in the area. So if you didn't provoke them or didn't want to, he would if his arrows were in range. However, you can press down on the D-pad and make him defend if you want to pull him away from them.

Revival is a bit of a pain since you have to go near the fallen person and hold down X until they come back and if you are hit hard it knocks you away and you have to start over. But the AIs are pretty good at getting you up on your feet. Plus, if you play Dwarf (or with one) they can obtain an ability they can add onto their War Cry which will raise all fallen allies inside the cast area of that skill.

So it's more of a game you get the most out of with other people so they can have their skills and you can use them all to your advantage. I never got to a level cap but I did get into my 30s.

Also, if you play Elf you will run into some major glitches. After my run on Normal mode (so on Heroic and Legendary) I couldn't gain extra experience with hard hits (aka: enter Hero's Mode) so I had to head shot everything to get that extra bonus. This also meant I couldn't bring up a hit chain. In Legendary I couldn't touch the war machines (the huge crossbows) because they has the possibility to glitch out and no one could get on them to use. And if I did get on one, I couldn't fire anything so I had to leave that to my co-op partner.

i think my friend played an elf o_O which would explainhis frustrated tune on the phone lol

I agree with the Crash Bandicoot comment. That is one of my fav games to play. That would be a win/win for naughty Dog to come out with a remake.

I would like to see another game like End War to come out. I really like the strategy aspect and they way you could move your army around like quick fire chess peices, Akin to Heroes of Might and Magic.

I agree with the Crash Bandicoot comment. That is one of my fav games to play. That would be a win/win for naughty Dog to come out with a remake.

I would like to see another game like End War to come out. I really like the strategy aspect and they way you could move your army around like quick fire chess peices, Akin to Heroes of Might and Magic.

are you talking about the psp version of end war because if i recall correctly the ps3 game had voice commands (which was a good idea in theory but goes into a huge mumbo-jumbo when you have too many troops and mismatch units with other units names ,,, urg )and troops didnt move exactly on a turn by turn basis like chess or M&M but i think the psp version was more like advanced wars i think

• 2 weeks later...

hey Maitre! :)

Sorry only now replying, but am currently organizing my move from Northern Ireland back to Texas, so time on PS3 or on these boards is VERY limited, if non-existent.

Anyways - my parents were kind enough to buy me the NES, and the Legend of Zelda (I later rented and re-rented A Link to the Past to death!) at the time, and it was a game that I very much felt instantly consumed and intrigued by. Yes, it was frustrating (to me anyway) in that you could only tackle certain areas after acquiring the particular item etc, but it was a change from Double Dragon and Super Mario Bros. I liked the storyline at the time, and how it you had the scope to explore, albeit not fully without the aim of certain items acquired only after a specific level in the game, but that you were free to explore what you could without too much restriction a la follow a straight path, kill boss, progress to next pre-set level.

As far as GOW, I liked the storyline - yes, I know revenge is mayhap a boring catalyst to achieve an end, but still, the idea of doling out punishment to teh gods for the games they played on your character did provide for a very satisfying run through to the end. As far as I am concerned, having been a voracious reader of Greek / Roman mythology as a kid, the slaying of god after god for their own satisfaction and agendas was VERY satisfying. As a means of escapism from the general daily rut of work and assorted parental responsibilities, I enjoyed all three GOW journeys immensely. Particularly GOW 3 for the quality of the visuals, although the quality of the Zeus battle(s) was poor and dissatisfying.