Games you liked the gameplay and would like more of?

Maitre

My personal list and what i liked about the gameplay.

Ogre battle : march of the black queen PS1 SNES

The whole fun of this game was the whole squad building and sending out squad out on each map.

Finding hidden towns and treasure, equipping units, buying items and units in towns, and those neat tarot cards. They did a new Ogre battle on 64 with somewhat the same gameplay but the game still wasn't as fun as the first one.

Ring of Red PS2 Just resently made available on the ps3 as download

That game is one of my favorite on the ps2. The whole thing about this game is the soldier squads that fight with you after mission 2. And the whole story focused on an alternate curent world reality conflict between north and south corea is also great.

Brigandine Ps1

This one is a kinda like playing risk but with a medieval theme where knights can summon and control monsters and combat goes is fought on hex squared maps. Great game.

Singularity (2010, Raven Software): Singularity was a great sci-fi shooter that gave the players the ability to bend time, and use gravity to their advantage. It was BioShock-esqe, but it had enough personality to not be accused of copycatting.

Could not agree with you more. Not a lot of people gave this game a chance, but I really enjoyed it. Hard to believe that Raven also published Wolfenstein because I thought that game was shit.

based on just gameplay, hmm....

First i would say F3AR, since its recent, and the gameplay for me was one of the best parts of that game, very good, and even detailed with the objects.

Also, Star Ocean: The Last Hope has a good RPG set-up, it works well...but add the Gambit system from FFXII, and its perfect.

And the last just off my head, is a classic: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare 1, 2..etc. Some of the best tactical shooters I have played... and the futuristic tech makes it much more fun :lol:

Also, Star Ocean: The Last Hope has a good RPG set-up, it works well...but add the Gambit system from FFXII, and its perfect.

i 'll agree that Star Ocean usually as neat combat system that is reminescent of the Tales games and i'll also agree that action combat systems like these usually have bad A.I. and should an A.I. management system like FF10 or Dragon age : origin

Just the gameplay? I like the story more than the gameplay in most games. Anyway-

Singularity (2010, Raven Software): Singularity was a great sci-fi shooter that gave the players the ability to bend time, and use gravity to their advantage. It was BioShock-esqe, but it had enough personality to not be accused of copycatting.

Would love to see more of this in the future.

I'm not much into FPS gameplay but if it's anything like the prince of persia concept of time manipulation i can see where the fun could be.

Oh and i totally forgot about :

the romance of the 3 kingdoms saga ... especially the last i played which was the 11th.

it feels like a mix between civilization and risk, with character creation with stats, troops and city building, diplomacy war tactics ...... lots of for strategy wiz kids like me o_O.

also

dynasty tactics 1 and 2

was really great for the battle on the traditionnal square grid and trying to pull out some crazy funky combos of doom. and one of the fun things was having engeneers built war machines and stuff in the middle of field. It was like playing chess with armies as opposed to the dynasty warriors games that feels more like mindless button mashing to me which got me bored after 10 minutes ...

Singularity's time-screwing isn't much like PoPs. Prince Of Persia uses it as a way to bail out of a jam, but in Singularity, it's a weapon.

Age enemies to dust, revert them into monsters, or freeze them in time. There is also some light puzzle solving.

Ok so it's more like a FPS with just funky weapons?

My friend and I recently started playing Kirby Air Ride a lot. It's got a few game modes that mix it up a bit, with third person games as well as overworld games. Our favorite is the simple overworld racing. It's got lots of power ups and weapons, and maintains a nice balance between friendly and competitive play.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Maybe not the best shooter ever, but I love the cover system.

Pokémon Snap had a unique gameplay experience. Would love to see a Wii installment of the franchise with a camera accessory.

Super Smash Bros. probably has the most fun gameplay I can think of. That is, when you're playing with someone of relatively equal skill. Too easy gets boring, and too hard gets frustrating. I wish the PlayStation would adopt its own version of the game.

• Like 1

Spyro the Dragon.

For whatever reason I really loved the mechanics in that game. I loved how you can just charge down enemies, running around at speed.

I recommend you play Skylanders then, the gameplay, in my opinion, is almost as good as the original Spyro.

Some people seem to have a problem with the new Spyro model, personally, I don't mind it.

I recommend you play Skylanders then, the gameplay, in my opinion, is almost as good as the original Spyro.

Some people seem to have a problem with the new Spyro model, personally, I don't mind it.

Yeah I do intend to pick up Skylanders, and I think it looks fun.

Unfortunately though I fear it will have lost a lot of the original Spyro's charm, their don't seem to be many, if any NPCs? and Spyro's levels were... uhm, free-form, whereas the one's I've seen in Skylanders seem very linear. I don't really mind Spyro's model, or voice, but the top down camera perspective is also a little off-putting.

The 3DS version of Skylanders however looks a lot closer to one of the original Spyro games, still. I'll try and pick up the PS3 version over Christmas.

I don't know if anyone else has even heard of this let alone played it but i would have liked to see either a sequel or a HD remake of Shadow of Memories, basicly a game where you would travel time to prevent your own death, there was multiple ending depending on how you played the game, it was great may have to plug my ps2 back in and give it another whirl

^

I own that game. Never did much with it though. :/

I love the first Shadow Hearts game. The gameplay is standard turn based RPG stuff, but it works. What I really liked though, was the mood and its maturity. The sequels are fine, but they're basically collections of low brow humour and too many JRPG antics, and that turns me off. (the third one a lot more than number two, which does have its poignant moments)

I'd love if they made another one, but closer to what the first one was like. Add the gameplay from the second and third in it, make it a bit more complicated and varied.

Redo a Spyro HD remake All in one game. The new one that came out just tarnished his name.

Spyro the Dragon.

For whatever reason I really loved the mechanics in that game. I loved how you can just charge down enemies, running around at speed.

Spyro hasn't been "Good" since the PSOne days and Insomniac left the franchise in less-capable hands.

As for getting back on topic...

SKYGUNNER (PS2) One of the wildest, wackiest flight games to be played by almost nobody. The amount of enemies on screen taxed the abilities of the PS2 and created some of the most opportune slo-down in gaming history that actually "helped" the player stand up to the waves of baddies.

TRAPT/DECEPTION Series (PSOne/PS2) Being the bad guy before being bad was cool in video games. Set traps and kill the people coming to loot your castle was one of the most unique games ever developed. Although there were 4 games in the series, it was mostly a cult classic that lived just below the waterline of success.

One game I really liked (a Wii game) that I thought was great, was a game called Excitebikes.

I'd like to see a updated version of that for the PS3!

I think they did a game on psn called Joe danger that is in the same league, you might wanna take a look at it

Ninja gaide series

God of war series

Crash bandicoot 1, 2 and 3

Onimusha series

Devil may cry series

Tenchu series

Ratchet&clanck

Okami

There are alot more.....

Well the subject was about what you liked in the gameplay, but i can see you like the action beat-em-up game genre in general as well as the platformer genre.

did you try little big planet ... personnally it got my platformer hunger fixed for a while.

also asure's wrath is coming soon and might enter the god of war category gameplay wise.

Most of the games that many liked are still continuing...

soooo this is pretty stupid :)

Thanks for your opinion, any games that "YOU" liked for it's "gameplay" but is not continuing and would like to share with this charming community??

Well the subject was about what you liked in the gameplay, but i can see you like the action beat-em-up game genre in general as well as the platformer genre.

did you try little big planet ... personnally it got my platformer hunger fixed for a while.

also asure's wrath is coming soon and might enter the god of war category gameplay wise.

Oh didnt notice. Yes as you said I love H&S games and platformer. LBP is also one of my favorite series its just unique.

Asura's Wrath...hmmm I have watched some of the gameplay in youtube, its OK but nothing special. The executions of combos seems a little bit laggy, didnt like the graphic too.

One game I really liked (a Wii game) that I thought was great, was a game called Excitebikes.

I'd like to see a updated version of that for the PS3!

I think they did a game on psn called Joe danger that is in the same league, you might wanna take a look at it

Info is correct. It's a d/lable only title. Got some good reviews, but did mention that it did get a bit boring after a while because of repeating over and over the same tasks/obstacles.