Finish Him bugged?

Lowlliet

Can somebody help me with this trophy?

I see some ppl already got it, so it’s possible to get it. 

I tried everything. Found an armored soldier with a helmet, shot his head & chest till the armor comes off and then finished him with R1 knife attack. Already tried with fists too or throwing knife. 

Any ideas? Is there another enemy, who has armor on his legs too? Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, TrophyTomGuides said:

I think you are doing everything right. I have the same issue. 

The trophy is bugged. Publisher knows that and a big patch is on his way. 

https://www.microids.com/xiii-patch-notes/

Okay then. I was confused because 2 players already got it. 

5 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I had some issue with the 5 stealth takedowns without alerting anyone ,any tips?

I did this trophy in the Emerald Base where you get the crossbow. In the 2nd level of Emerald Base where you just leave the ventilation and you have to shut down the generators. Just kill 5 ppl with the crossbow without them seeing you and it should pop. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Omikronic said:

Lucky, I think I've tried it about 20-30 times now in different levels but still nothing.

I wonder what the exact requirements are, almost at the point where I'm considering trashing my entire save file to start fresh in case that would do anything.

Don’t do that. 

All I did was to start the first Emerald Base mission, got to the garage where you have to pull the lever and then the armored guy shows up. 

Shoot off his vest, then helmet and punch him to the death. Try doing it over and over again and it should pop. 

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

So the trophy popped in the end. 

I just had to do it several times till it decided I deserve the trophy. :D

And with that, I got the plat. 

Congrats on the plat dude.

How did you find the game overall. Had pretty excited hopes for this, yet from what players have said, it falls pretty short so far and is in parts unplayable?

2 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Don’t do that. 

All I did was to start the first Emerald Base mission, got to the garage where you have to pull the lever and then the armored guy shows up. 

Shoot off his vest, then helmet and punch him to the death. Try doing it over and over again and it should pop. 

how do you know you took off his armor?

1 hour ago, Ashbo said:

Congrats on the plat dude.

How did you find the game overall. Had pretty excited hopes for this, yet from what players have said, it falls pretty short so far and is in parts unplayable?

Thanks a lot!

The game is pretty decent, although from a technical standpoint, it’s very bad. A lot of FPS drops, sound/music glitches, AI is very stupid even on the highest difficulty. Some bosses didn’t even shoot me and Manual Save is working but it’s useless because it doesn’t do anything. Just loads the game from the beginning of a level. 

I don’t know if it’s nostalgia but original is much better in my opinion. It has a better atmosphere, feels more “comics-y”, less generic. 

12 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

how do you know you took off his armor?

You can see it falls off. Both the helmet and the chest armor. The trick is using just single bullets, don’t use auto on it. 

2 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Don’t do that. 

Been doing it for the last 2 hours with various weapons and trying different things, without even letting a single bullet hit anything else but the armor (to the point it takes 7 punches to finish him without armor even on Easy difficulty).

I'm done with this game, I really hope they patch this quickly but it will probably still take a long time looking at the amount of things they're including in the next patch.

I loved the original and while I'm really glad they kept the original voice files (unlike Mafia) and cell shaded style graphics the game feels like a technical disgrace, only half finished and making me wonder whether any QA testing was even done on some parts.

Even with the release having been postponed it feels like it shouldn't have been released at all yet.

If anyone ever played the original I'd recommend waiting at least another 6 months or so before playing this one just so they can have everything patched to the point where the game could potentially be decent.

I also miss some of the fun voice lines like the "Pinhead, pinhead, McCall is a pinhead!" scene in the Asylum which doesn't seem to be there.

Edited by Omikronic

19 minutes ago, Omikronic said:

Been doing it for the last 2 hours with various weapons and trying different things, without even letting a single bullet hit anything else but the armor (to the point it takes 7 punches to finish him without armor even on Easy difficulty).

I'm done with this game, I really hope they patch this quickly but it will probably still take a long time looking at the amount of things they're including in the next patch.

I loved the original and while I'm really glad they kept the original voice files (unlike Mafia) and cell shaded style graphics the game feels like a technical disgrace, only half finished and making me wonder whether any QA testing was even done on some parts.

Even with the release having been postponed it feels like it shouldn't have been released at all yet.

If anyone ever played the original I'd recommend waiting at least another 6 months or so before playing this one just so they can have everything patched to the point where the game could potentially be decent.

I also miss some of the fun voice lines like the "Pinhead, pinhead, McCall is a pinhead!" scene in the Asylum which doesn't seem to be there.

I don’t know what makes it pop exactly but that’s what worked for me. Maybe try restarting the whole level after a few tries. 

8 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

I don’t know what makes it pop exactly but that’s what worked for me. Maybe try restarting the whole level after a few tries. 

Tried that several times as well on the off chance that it could only happen on the first attempt and not when reloading checkpoints.

At some point I had no other choice since the armored guy bugged out and wouldn't even spawn anymore when reloading checkpoint or his helmet would spawn horizontally on his head and be unable to remove.

I started a new game as well and played through to the Infiltration level but still nothing.

I backup my save and deleted it from the system to start with a fresh file and again played through to the Infiltration mission and also didn't do anything.

I've tried just about every combination of weapons available at that mission, even when bringing other weapons over from earlier missions and tried about everything I can think of.

Either it is completely random when the trophy is triggered but it feels like less than a 1% chance or there are unknown factors in play for some reason because it sure isn't just "Destroy the armor and finish with a melee attack".

Ok, to those of you still having issues with this, I finally managed to get it after more experimenting.

I still went to the Emerald Base - Insertion as before.

I used Dual Wield Pistols (alternate fire) to remove the Body Armor and single Pistol shots to remove the Helmet.

(I don't think the weapon matters but that's what I used to place accurate shots so I wouldn't hit other parts of his body)

But what finally seemed to do the trick for me was to Melee him SLOWLY.

Not rapidly punch-punch-punch but one punch at a time and wait a second before punching again.

This way it took me about 8-9 punches to finish him but that's finally when the trophy popped and that's about the only thing I did differently on that particular attempt.

If anyone could try this out and see if that works or if it was just another fluke I'd love to know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Omikronic said:

Ok, to those of you still having issues with this, I finally managed to get it after more experimenting.

I still went to the Emerald Base - Insertion as before.

I used Dual Wield Pistols (alternate fire) to remove the Body Armor and single Pistol shots to remove the Helmet.

(I don't think the weapon matters but that's what I used to place accurate shots so I wouldn't hit other parts of his body)

Not rapidly punch-punch-punch but one punch at a time and wait a second before punching again.

This way it took me about 8-9 punches to finish him but that's finally when the trophy popped and that's about the only thing I did differently on that particular attempt.

If anyone could try this out and see if that works or if it was just another fluke I'd love to know.

I think that’s just a fluke. I always did it rapidly and that worked too. 

I think it’s just random. 

I got it on my first try interestingly(If you don't count my accidental headshot after shooting the helmet off with my Riffle), body armor off, helmet off, then punching. I decided to do it slow like mentioned above, took around 5 hits and down he was, trophy popped after. Was at the "Getting to the submarine" mission.

On 13/11/2020 at 1:55 PM, Omikronic said:

Yep I tried this for myself, first time i did one hit at a time it popped

• 3 months later...
On 13/11/2020 at 2:55 PM, Omikronic said:

I tried fast punches but after 10-20 tries, trophy still didn't pop.

Slow punches worked for me at the first try.

Thanks

• Like 1