Bringing PS4 save to PS5 version is not good for trophies

Chaos_Bladez

I reviewed ACV on PS4, meaning I got to play it for the last two weeks and earn trophies. So, using Ubisoft's cloud save thing, it automatically carried my save over to the PS5 version.

However, the trophies do not work how they should.

For example, assassinating someone from my horse did nothing. Taking off all my skill points and reapplying them did nothing. Unequipping and re-equipping all my abilities to have eight slotted abilities did nothing. Having my horse swim a few feet did nothing.

The only trophies out of the few I tried that did unlock were bringing a weapon up to max rank and building a settlement building (which didn't not unlock the "get to level X" trophy, just one for building something).

This is not fun because, unless someone finds a way, it does not look like you will be able to use the cloud save to make local saves on both platforms to avoid two 100% playthroughs.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

if i upgarded my ps4 version on ps5 and im palying the upgarded ps5 Version do i unlock no my trophys on my  trophylist  ?  for the game i playes on ps4  like if i have 50%  trophys on my ps4   then upgrade to ps5 and i play on ps5  do i get a new trophylist ?  and cant complet my 50% trophylist from my ps4 ???

13 hours ago, ZoKu08 said:

Just make a save set then upload it to ps5 and unlock trophies. It has to be before something (9/10 crushed symbols, 2,9 km swim with horse)

I don't own ps5 it's only theory but worked on ps3 :) plat save doesn't give auto pop trophies

I hope that it will work that way. I’m not into PS development but I expect that the trophies and their requirements are stored in a xml or equivalent file. If they are unlocked it will trigger the event to pop the trophy and set it as earned within the xml/savefile. So it is normal that they will not pop again on PS5 after loading the savefile where the toggle is already switched. 

Edited by Montradon

52 minutes ago, Montradon said:

I hope that it will work that way. I’m not into PS development but I expect that the trophies and their requirements are stored in a xml or equivalent file. If they are unlocked it will trigger the event to pop the trophy and set it as earned within the xml/savefile. So it is normal that they will not pop again on PS5 after loading the savefile where the toggle is already switched. 

That would be the idea in theory. But I don't have 100% faith it will work. The inconsistencies with the trophies I explained would make me hesitant to rely on that. 
It is worth a shot though since you have nothing to lose.

Someone on here should try to transfer the cloud save, make a local hard save of that save on the other platform, and then try to get that last thing on both.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, ZoKu08 said:

Just make a save set then upload it to ps5 and unlock trophies. It has to be before something (9/10 crushed symbols, 2,9 km swim with horse)

I don't own ps5 it's only theory but worked on ps3 :) plat save doesn't give auto pop trophies

This is correct. I just tested it. It appears to be a "this save file already knows you've achieved XYZ thing". I made a bunch of saves when I found out they didn't share progress, but I still unintentionally unlocked a couple on PS4.

Everyday life is one. Completing another world event didn't trigger, but going back to a save I had prior to completing world event #10 and then doing it again unlocked the trophy on PS5.

So TL; DR save file has memory of what you've done and won't let you do it again. But you CAN transfer PS4 saves to PS5 and still earn trophies. You just need to go back in time to re-do the same one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lightning_0608 said:

So TL; DR save file has memory of what you've done and won't let you do it again. But you CAN transfer PS4 saves to PS5 and still earn trophies. You just need to go back in time to re-do the same one.

Thank you very much for the confirmation that it will work that way! 
So good to know it finally. I can now continue to play it on my PS4 until I get my 5 next week. 

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Doing two stacks of a game the size and magnitude of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is far too much work. 

Doing it once is enough.

When you are a big fan of a game ... it's just a matter of motivation and how much you love the game ^^

For example GTA 5 needs a lot of time too for platinum, i did it on PS3, then on PS4 too ... and when it will come to PS5, I will do it again just because i love GTA and there is no GTA 6 yet ^^

And i'm probably not the only one :) (i hope so ! XD)

On 16.11.2020 at 10:33 AM, seblegamer said:

When you are a big fan of a game ... it's just a matter of motivation and how much you love the game ^^

Yes, you are right. But I played very few games multiple times. The last one was Witcher 3 for the deathrun trophy and the plat. But there were 5 years in between and I fixed some decisions. Before that I only remember that I finished the first 3 Mass Effect games more than once.