Strangeness with ps plus collection freeby mhw

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask but in the collection info online it says we get monster hunter world but my library says I have monster hunter I've born it says iceborn when I go to downloads but on the store page it says I have only world "purchased" is that just how it comes up as iceborn or is something weird going on?

its no different than Street Fighter V updated to have the app say Champion Edition, but if you didn't buy the season pass for the champion edition, if you want to use it youll need to. Otherwise you just have base SFV.

So you only get Monster Hunter World. Iceborne is a separate purchase to give you access to the expansion. So the app on the home menu should say Monster Hunter World Iceborne ,but if you didnt pay for Iceborne expansion, you only get access to Monster Hunter World 

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask but in the collection info online it says we get monster hunter world but my library says I have monster hunter I've born it says iceborn when I go to downloads but on the store page it says I have only world "purchased" is that just how it comes up as iceborn or is something weird going on?

The game icons on your console will look the same for everyone. In this case, the cover for MHW is showing the Iceborne cover, even if you don't have it. It's not related to the content you purchased (Destiny 2 is an other example i can think of).

Iceborne is an expansion that's integrated to the main game, even if you don't purchased it. The plus collection only gives you the base game, and not the Iceborne expansion (as far as i know).

Hope I could help you :)

Ya there a few game doing this weirdness. My guess is all stem form the current code ver is for Iceborn. So its app date will say that. 

Other games do that too.

Like Siren [the ps2 game] now says it called [forbidden siren] on my 5. Most likely do to that being the name everwhere but in the US.  But its all being pulled from the same source. So name card changed. 

Edited by Zid960

If a DLC doesn't require you to download it, it's because the developers already patched it into the game and all that stops you from playing is an access restriction. As soon as you pay for the DLC, you'll instantly have access to it when you next load up the game. It's basically like an invisible checkbox which requires money for it to be checked.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment