Am I screwed out of buying this?

Hi, wondering if anyone has a solution for me - I want to get this for PS4, but it seems to only be available as part of a bundle with Persona 3 & 5 Dancing games, and as I already have bought P5 Dancing digitally, I seem to be locked out of buying the bundle.

I don't mind paying for P5 again, as part of the bundle, as it is currently on a deal for 30 quid, but don't really want to have to try and hunt down the physical copy, as that is more expensive. Has anyone had dealing with Sony customer services on this kind of issue before?

1 minute ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I've heard some people have had luck by contacting PSN support and asking them to revoke the license for the game you already own, but I can't vouch for that.

yeah, reckon I will try this in the first instance - need to wait until tomorrow to livechat. Otherwise, might just bite the bullet and play on vita instead - its not cross buy, so that remains an option.

Man, the Sony live-chat support thing is balls. 

I’m now on my fifth -FIFTH!- time waiting in a queue, after waiting patiently until the count got to “you are 1st in the queue” then abruptly changed to “cancelled - no agents available, try again later” 

FFS!

Why even have a queue system if that’s the end of it? Surely if there are no agents, then keep me in the queue! THAT’S WHAT I’M QUEUEING FOR!

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Exeshow678 said:

I'd just buy the bundle, that's how i got it, and I already had bought p5d

that’s what I’m trying to do - it says it’s unavailable, as I have already purchased P5D.

30 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

If you are up for it I do recommend just buying the bundle on a different account, it'll save you time with the crappy support and it's very easy. Just make that account primary and you can play the game on your main.

Question to clarify then - If I create a new account and make my Ps4 the primamry for that new account, do I need to deactivate that PS4 as primary for my current profile, or can 2 accounts have the same PS4 as the primary?

Also, if both can have same Ps4 as primary, can both accounts still play eachother’s content?

EDIT:

actually, come to think of it, my wife has an account on my Ps4 already, but has never set up any payment info etc, as everything is bought on my profile....

am I right in assuming then, I could go into her account, make sure my Ps4 is set as her primary (probably is already tbh) and buy a ps store card, then buy the bundle on her account, without having to set up a bunch of payment card info? 

Edited by DrBloodmoney

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

that’s what I’m trying to do - it says it’s unavailable, as I have already purchased P5D.

Question to clarify then - If I create a new account and make my Ps4 the primamry for that new account, do I need to deactivate that PS4 as primary for my current profile, or can 2 accounts have the same PS4 as the primary?

Also, if both can have same Ps4 as primary, can both accounts still play eachother’s content?

EDIT:

actually, come to think of it, my wife has an account on my Ps4 already, but has never set up any payment info etc, as everything is bought on my profile....

am I right in assuming then, I could go into her account, make sure my Ps4 is set as her primary (probably is already tbh) and buy a ps store card, then buy the bundle on her account, without having to set up a bunch of payment card info? 

A console can have multiple accounts set as primary (so everyone is sharing their games to all accounts on that PS4) but an account can have only one PS4 set as primary. So you don't need to change anything on your account, you just need to make your PS4 as primary for the other account and your main account (plus other's that are on that PS4) will have access to the games.

So yes, if your wive's account has your PS4 as primary then if you were to buy the game on her account your main account will have access to it. As for buying on her account, you can do it through PSN Cards if you want to avoid adding payment card info.

1 minute ago, TugaSonic said:

A console can have multiple accounts set as primary (so everyone is sharing their games to all accounts on that PS4) but an account can have only one PS4 set as primary. So you don't need to change anything on your account, you just need to make your PS4 as primary for the other account and your main account (plus other's that are on that PS4) will have access to the games.

So yes, if your wive's account has your PS4 as primary then if you were to buy the game on her account your main account will have access to it. As for buying on her account, you can do it through PSN Cards if you want to avoid adding payment card info.

okay! This is my lightbulb moment - 8 years into PS4 ownership, and it was that point that I had wrong in my head! For some reason, I thought only one account could be the primary.

what a Goober I am. ?‍♂️

Magic, that should work out nicely then - thanks for that, and thanks to all who replied, and no thanks whatsoever to Sony customer support, who at the moment I assume, are simply crushed under the weight of Cyberpunk 2077 players demanding refunds to care about my silly little request....

On 12/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Hi, wondering if anyone has a solution for me - I want to get this for PS4, but it seems to only be available as part of a bundle with Persona 3 & 5 Dancing games, and as I already have bought P5 Dancing digitally, I seem to be locked out of buying the bundle.

I don't mind paying for P5 again, as part of the bundle, as it is currently on a deal for 30 quid, but don't really want to have to try and hunt down the physical copy, as that is more expensive. Has anyone had dealing with Sony customer services on this kind of issue before?

I originally bought P5D and then I was able to buy the bundle after that... Have absolutely no clue if they changed it seeing as I bought them a long time ago, this is an awful business tactic to begin with, now having it locked up is completely stupid, Atlus is like Nintendo in a sense, but more so EA (But in my opinion worse...)

5 minutes ago, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

I originally bought P5D and then I was able to buy the bundle after that... Have absolutely no clue if they changed it seeing as I bought them a long time ago, this is an awful business tactic to begin with, now having it locked up is completely stupid, Atlus is like Nintendo in a sense, but more so EA (But in my opinion worse...)

yeah, I can’t remember a specific example, but I’m almost sure I have bought bundles that contain parts I have bought before in the past - I suspect the change maybe came in with the new store updates - probably to avoid people complaining to Sony that they were ‘double charged’ for content they already had.

bit annoying, but I suppose it makes some sense on paper - just becomes a real issue in cases like this one - where there is some content that is not available separately, so you are essentially locking people out of content by over-protecting them.

• 3 years later...

I've tried like 5 times with live chat now to revoke my license for P5D so I can buy the bundle and they all refuse to do it because they say the only way is through refunding me, and since I am ineligible they won't do it. really pissed off - they have a shit system in place. I even asked if they could just grant me the licenses for the other two games and I pay the same price but they said no.

very unlike sony to turn away more money!

basically was told to just make a new account in the end which is a very unfair solution. maybe I need to look more into this ps4 primary account stuff