Rest In Peace Dan Wheldon

Mio

What is really sad about this was the fact that this was the last race with these style cars. They are going to run a different (safer) car next year and from what I understand he was one of the pushers for this new (safer) car. He also did extensive testing of the new cars also. He will be greatly missed.

The fact that this doesn't happen more often is a testament to the skill these guys/girls have. He was a local boy too, lived in St. Pete and raced in the event they hold there all the time.

I don't too much follow Indy - though I want to, I wouldn't really know where to start :(. That said, I had heard of him. It's never good when this happens, and it's even worse when it takes someone away from their family - through death or otherwise. My thoughts are definitely with his family.

What is really sad about this was the fact that this was the last race with these style cars. They are going to run a different (safer) car next year and from what I understand he was one of the pushers for this new (safer) car. He also did extensive testing of the new cars also. He will be greatly missed.

This reminds me of the plot line of Cars 2, lol.

• 11 years later...

(Sorry for necromancering this thread for no reason)

On 10/28/2011 at 10:53 AM, Azakos said:

This reminds me of the plot line of Cars 2, lol.

what? how?

On 10/21/2011 at 2:11 AM, d3m0nd00d said:

man, this makes me sad, i guess the old cars killed one of the major proponents of their killer so i guess Karma? (this sounds so cursed, i'm sorry)

On 10/21/2011 at 1:02 AM, broy300 said:

He died doing what he loved to do. I hope I go out in the same way. Does not make it any easier, but this has to be expected when your traveling at 220+ mph. Thoughts go out to his family.

same, may he rest in peace

11 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

(Sorry for necromancering this thread for no reason)

what? how?

man, this makes me sad, i guess the old cars killed one of the major proponents of their killer so i guess Karma? (this sounds so cursed, i'm sorry)

same, may he rest in peace

…Bumping 11year old threads lol

get some sleep bro