Trophies

shakie19

Great. Only 11 trophies and 1 gold ☹️

1 million hands has the image of 100,000 ?

Trophies for straight/royal flush are only bronze why not silver/gold?

Is it really so difficult to give us a decent poker trophy list?

Edited by shakie19
  • Like 1

One million hands... That surely must be a mistake. For a poker game, even 10000 is a stupidly high number.

Play hands is like taking a single turn of yours right? Surely you take your turn once a minute right?

Right now on Tetris Effect I have about 80,000 Mino rotations for a trophy where you need to rotate 1 million times, and it's taken me about 50 hours to get that amount.

You know, in a game where a rotation is earned by simply tapping a button which as you can imagine can be done at leisure.

How long does it take to play a hand in this game?

This might be the hardest gold trophy ever, Even 1000 hands is a hefty grind.

Are you really gonna grind in VR for years, that can't be good for your eye sight and personally is a bit of an overkill reason to use VR.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

The Steam achievement clearly states 100,000 hands, so yes that's a mistake. We're yet to know if the trophy is glitched accordingly or not.

Whatever, 100K hands is a stupid amount of play time, especially as you'll be playing on a single table in almost real life conditions (so you can expect players to act silly and drag a lot of hands unnecessarily). Assuming each hand will last 30 seconds on average (which is an extremely optimistic hypothesis), this would still require more than 800 hours.

This might be an interesting ultra rare trophy if it can be boosted in a private match and in a somewhat time-efficient way

And let's not even talk about the royal flush one, which is probably one of the most RNG trophies I've ever seen. You might very well play through your 100k hands and not get a single one.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

Let's do a bit of very generous maths with some very basic assumptions about the game play. A hand is one game of poker.

- Boosting with a player, 2 player poker, just smashing buttons to get all your hands out of the way.

-> 3 minutes per hand does not matter who wins.

-> 20 hands an hour.

100,000 / 20 = 5000

FIVE THOUSAND HOURS!

I would laugh if there were no stats in the game and you had no idea how many hands you had already played, that would be pretty cruel.

Edited by enaysoft

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Let's do a bit of very generous maths with some very basic assumptions about the game play. A hand is one game of poker.

- Boosting with a player, 2 player poker, just smashing buttons to get all your hands out of the way.

-> 3 minutes per hand does not matter who wins.

-> 20 hands an hour.

100,000 / 20 = 5000

FIVE THOUSAND HOURS!

Well no, if you're just folding around on a 2-player table, each hand might be a matter of seconds only (depends how the game works and how long the dealer takes to shuffle cards, but you get the idea).

Indeed that's true, but remember it is in VR, game might require you do to hand movements for folding or taking your turn, and there might be a couple of seconds animations between things, like you say, dealing of cards.

At any rate, I found just playing some poker for several hours on the Resident Evil 7 DLC was too long. I like poker but there's some games in life I would have to say, no thanks. Even a matter of seconds per hand is still a very boring grind.

Edited by enaysoft

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Indeed that's true, but remember it is in VR, game might require you do to hand movements for folding or taking your turn, and there might be a couple of seconds animations between things, like you say, dealing of cards.

At any rate, I found just playing some poker for several hours on the Resident Evil 7 DLC was too long. I like poker but there's some games in life I would have to say, no thanks. Even a matter of seconds is a very boring grind.

Yes, the more realistic the game, the longer this might be. Yet I can't deny this has got me interested. I just love stupid challenges. ?

• Like 2

I honestly dont know which is more brutal, this 100,000 hands played or Prominence Poker where you need lifetime winnings of a billion. I agree how hard is it to get a trophy list that may actually be doable to someone that is not a die hard for poker. You would have to live and breathe poker to actually beat any of these games. Which is why they are they few games that will never be honestly completed. 

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

At any rate, I found just playing some poker for several hours on the Resident Evil 7 DLC was too long. I like poker but there's some games in life I would have to say, no thanks. Even a matter of seconds is a very boring grind.

Well seeing as you've got Chucke Greene as your profile photo you've clearly forgot the hours of fun he had with the survivors lol

As for playing poker in VR for that long, no thank you. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Knave21 said:

Honestly, you can play 100,000 hands and never see a Royal Flush so I would be more worried about that. Either way this will be a pass, I love poker but this sounds like a griiiiiiiiiind.

I could think of a way to boost both trophies at the same time in a 2-player game, where you fold everything except suited cards between 10 and A and go see a flop with them. But that would still be RNG as fuck, and I only have limited understanding of the implied odds.

EDIT : ok, so I've just used an online probability calculator since this was bugging me heavily.

There are a total of 1,326 possible starting hands in Texas Hold'em, out of which only 40 are in our predefined range (for example 10-J of hearts or Q-K of spades). That means you get about a 3 % chance to get one of those suited hands for every hand you play. So out of a sample of 100,000 hands, that means you'll get about 3,000 such hands while boosting.

Now, PROVIDED you get one of those rare aforementioned hands , you have an astounding 0.05 % chance of getting a royal flush by the river card. That's one chance out of 2,000. 

Conclusion : you'll try 3,000 times something that has one chance out of 2,000 to happen, so it's not as bad as I thought but still terrible because you're obviously not safe from a bad luck streak. Not sure I want to risk it.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 4:34 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

I could think of a way to boost both trophies at the same time in a 2-player game, where you fold everything except suited cards between 10 and A and go see a flop with them. But that would still be RNG as fuck, and I only have limited understanding of the implied odds.

EDIT : ok, so I've just used an online probability calculator since this was bugging me heavily.

There are a total of 1,326 possible starting hands in Texas Hold'em, out of which only 40 are in our predefined range (for example 10-J of hearts or Q-K of spades). That means you get about a 3 % chance to get one of those suited hands for every hand you play. So out of a sample of 100,000 hands, that means you'll get about 3,000 such hands while boosting.

Now, PROVIDED you get one of those rare aforementioned hands , you have an astounding 0.05 % chance of getting a royal flush by the river card. That's one chance out of 2,000. 

Conclusion : you'll try 3,000 times something that has one chance out of 2,000 to happen, so it's not as bad as I thought but still terrible because you're obviously not safe from a bad luck streak. Not sure I want to risk it.

Are the chances even lower if you play with 3 or more players?

This actually will make more pain when grinding 100,000 hands. I mean the players can't just keep folding, they might want to play to the end of a hand if they have hands that could almost make a royal flush, since in effect you are also grinding for 2 trophies now instead of just 1.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Are the chances even lower if you play with 3 or more players?

This actually will make more pain when grinding 100,000 hands. I mean the players can't just keep folding, they might want to play to the end of a hand if they have hands that could almost make a royal flush, since in effect you are also grinding for 2 trophies now instead of just 1.

Actually chances would be slightly higher with more players, since you'll be drawing out of a pool that contains less cards (48 cards with 2 players, 46 with 3...). But that implies that none of the other players has one of the cards you need, which you'll need to check every time. For example there's no use trying with 10-J of hearts if one of the other players has the K of the same suit. Also, yeah, it would be much longer.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...