Is Sony giving up on Japan?

Sendai-Horatio

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don't understand people who are over 30 years old who love the cute anime girls and hentai stuff. I grew out of that crap once I left highschool and college.

I think increasingly people just aren't growing up into mature adults anymore, and unfortunately the opportunity to do so grows less.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, enaysoft said:

No more Tekken, Ridge Racer etc or any of the new cool next gen titles that we saw with PS1 and PS2.

I bet there's another Tekken coming, just not soon. Namco just dropping it is unimaginable. Maybe a Tag Tournament 3 with some Tekken 7 characters added to TTT2's lineup will happen. I'd rather see it before Tekken 8.

Ridge Racer is probably SOL though. ? If it weren't, there would've been RR 8 on PS4 at some point. I'd settle for a 8K/4K current gen version of RR7 with all DLC and a trophy list (nice to have, but not a deal killer if absent), even if it's a straight port and no remaster. Sim type racing games such as Gran Turismo aren't for me.

The PS5's launch lineup had nothing in it that made me ready to start the quest for a PS5. NOTHING. And I'm not too impressed by the PS5's own exclusive lineup at this moment. For now, I just can't be bothered to track stock in hopes of securing one. Truthfully, if I bought a PS5 now it would be for upgrades and performance/FPS improvements to PS4 games.

• Like 2

So far only Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Returnal are the only games I would actually play on the PS5, that you can't already play on the PS4.

Most people are using their PS5 consoles to get better resolution and framerate, such as Assassin's Creed, Yakuza, Call of Duty, Battlefield and other big franchises. A shame that Sony Studio Japan is no more, which means that the Knack series is probably shit out of luck as well.

4K resolution and 60 FPS are good enough. I don't see the point in going any further than that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

So far only Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Returnal are the only games I would actually play on the PS5, that you can't already play on the PS4.

Most people are using their PS5 consoles to get better resolution and framerate, such as Assassin's Creed, Yakuza, Call of Duty, Battlefield and other big franchises. A shame that Sony Studio Japan is no more, which means that the Knack series is probably shit out of luck as well.

4K resolution and 60 FPS are good enough. I don't see the point in going any further than that.

Demons Souls is the only game I've been interested in and of course BC. I've barely started Tokyo Jungle on the PS3.

Things have changed over the years, Everything Japan has become "Cool". How are OG fans of Japans games meant to not look like try hards? Japan Studio has gone.

24 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Demons Souls is the only game I've been interested in and of course BC. I've barely started Tokyo Jungle on the PS3.

Things have changed over the years, Everything Japan has become "Cool". How are OG fans of Japans games meant to not look like try hards? Japan Studio has gone.

This is a pretty longwinded response when you could of simply said "all good things must come to an end". Because that was the point I was making.

18 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Agree on 60 FPS. I couldn't care less about getting 120. Every time you double the FPS, the frametime benefits are less noticeable than the resultant GPU temperature increase.

As for resolution... looking forward, I don't think there is a need for a 16K spec, at least for home use. For commercial applications like movie theaters where the screen size is more than several times that of a home TV, I could understand.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Agree on 60 FPS. I couldn't care less about getting 120. Every time you double the FPS, the frametime benefits are less noticeable than the resultant GPU temperature increase.

As for resolution... looking forward, I don't think there is a need for a 16K spec, at least for home use. For commercial applications like movie theaters where the screen size is more than several times that of a home TV, I could understand.

This FPS thing is a real bitch tbh, after playing 120 every night I think my eyes now truly see 30fps. Trying to play half life 2 and I think I might throw up. Keep your current tv.

On a lighter note, Japan studio closed and I might have a Konami cry while I'm here.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

This FPS thing is a real bitch tbh, after playing 120 every night I think my eyes now truly see 30fps. Trying to play half life 2 and I think I might throw up. Keep your current tv.

On a lighter note, Japan studio closed and I might have a Konami cry while I'm here.

Most people should be able to see the difference between 30 and 60, or at least you should be able to feel the difference. 120fps though, yeah, smooth movement just feels so nice.

120fps in VR is amazing.

49 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Most people should be able to see the difference between 30 and 60, or at least you should be able to feel the difference. 120fps though, yeah, smooth movement just feels so nice.

120fps in VR is amazing.

I guess I just got used to 30fps over the years, I'm thinking on hooking my Samsung TV up and see if it has anything to do with the Sony TV. Playing through BC on the XBSX, MS just release 76 more BC titles and some have FPS boost but not orange box, it is 4k though. Oh, maybe even game mode that people use. 

I wanna try VR

23 hours ago, enaysoft said:

120fps in VR is amazing.

I don't really see the point in 120 FPS. Having 60 FPS is really what I prefer to have in all my games. Doubling that in my opinion is basically overkill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 4:22 AM, enaysoft said:

I think increasingly people just aren't growing up into mature adults anymore, and unfortunately the opportunity to do so grows less.

If we take Jimblo Ryan the AAA western-cater blockbuster-only obsessed out of touch exec or anyone who follow a political agenda as an example then it's not a mature adult, IMO Subjective lol as long you have your job and not bothering anyone then your mature already.

Edited by Nelson_