This game makes me never want to play dontnod games!

ain_sr

24 minutes ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

It is still crashing alot.. even after the update.  By what I read here, it is mostly happening on regular ps4s.   Maybe that's why they gave it away on ps+..  Cause I cant see buying this game with all that crashing.. unless you have a (ps4 pro or ps5). Good luck! 1f609.png1f44d.png

I bought the game way back in they day, imho it's a great game with an interesting take on vampires and it's actually kinda creepy at times, but the amount of crashes and bugs is dismal, it sucked all the good things the game had going for it, my PS4 at one point straight up told me the game was corrupted and couldn't continue, that never happened until then or since, luckily I was 2 trophies away from platinum so shortly after I deleted it and will never again touch it again, which is a shame because I actually really liked the game.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:48 PM, Lonemankane said:

well my friend when it comes down to asking on trophy forums your going to be hit with a lot of people saying they didn't have a lot of the problems and I feel ya, as I have had nothing but problems for the normal marvel vs Capcom 3 and dead space 3 and even with ninja gaiden sigma 2 no one seems to have a good answer and if they do they normally reply with you did something wrong or your lying and yeah. I had the same kind of problems in life is strange 1, I had to play the second to last episode afew times to get a single trophy to pop it is really dum as hell but yeah.

I thought I reply with mostly saying I know your pain my friend

I feel the same way, FF7 Remake crashed like 4/5 times with me during a second playthrough, I had no issues whatsoever the first time around and never heard anyone complain about it, still don't know what happened since every other game ran just fine.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 4:15 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

I bought the game way back in they day, imho it's a great game with an interesting take on vampires and it's actually kinda creepy at times, but the amount of crashes and bugs is dismal, it sucked all the good things the game had going for it, my PS4 at one point straight up told me the game was corrupted and couldn't continue, that never happened until then or since, luckily I was 2 trophies away from platinum so shortly after I deleted it and will never again touch it again, which is a shame because I actually really liked the game.

I feel the same way, FF7 Remake crashed like 4/5 times with me during a second playthrough, I had no issues whatsoever the first time around and never heard anyone complain about it, still don't know what happened since every other game ran just fine.

I am going to continue on with it.  Seems to crash when there is too much gfx stuff going on.  It also has been crashing when I scroll too fast through the map section menus.  I also heard that sprinting for too long can cause crashes as well.  It's a shame really.   This would be a real great game without the bugs and glitches IMO.  I am making backup saves every hour or so lol...  Not taking any chances that. ?

13 hours ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

I am going to continue on with it.  Seems to crash when there is too much gfx stuff going on.  It also has been crashing when I scroll too fast through the map section menus.  I also heard that sprinting for too long can cause crashes as well.  It's a shame really.   This would be a real great game without the bugs and glitches IMO.  I am making backup saves every hour or so lol...  Not taking any chances that. 1f609.png

That's the smartest course of action, the game can bug out and corrupt your saves, if I had lost my save when I was inches from the platinum I'd  have been pissed beyond belief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

if I had lost my save when I was inches from the platinum I'd  have been pissed beyond belief.

Ironically, It happened to me before ?... On the PS3 I was playing Farm Sim. 15 on PSNow.  I had 1 trophy left where you have to drive 1000kms.  About an 8 hour grind in itself.  Last trophy for plat..  So the game crashes, I reboot.. corrupt save.  Normally this would never happen to me, however I recall not being able to download PS Now saves to my ps3.  Cause I have always been OCD with my saves.  Anyways,  I wasn't too happy and never touched PS Now ever again.  Or any streaming game service from here on in.  If you look in my trophy card you can see there is a 3 week gap where I had to start the game over again to get those last 2 trophies..  one of my saddest gaming days. ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I agree. There's a good game in Vampyr but the sudden crashes and the ability to screw over your save by making a stupid mistake are annoying. 

Spoiler

If you spare the sad saint it's very easy for his district to turn hostile and you'll lose the weapons. 

Spoiler

If you read the guys book during a sidequest you can't get a collectable... 

Spoiler

If you sleep to level up without thinking after starting your slaughter and things turn hostile and that can bar you from some collectibles

Overall it doesn't take much to get the plat without it being a big deal just two back up saves and you essentially do it in 1 run but just the simple and small ways you can completely fuck over your playthrough without even thinking about it leaves a bad taste and the constant freezing was so annoying. It's usually when it's loading another part of the city while you are dashing through enemies that it happens and it just sucks, there's really no excuse for the tech issues.

• 2 months later...

I didn't have trouble with the Platinum. I played on PS4 Pro and encountered a handful of crashes, mostly while moving through districts quickly using the dodge key as opposed to during important gameplay moments. Aside from the rather long load times the game worked well enough.

More than anything else what matters is understanding how the game works and what actions can have positive or negative consequences during your play through. If you run around killing everyone and then rest to turn a district hostile, you're only seeing the consequences of your actions play out in the game. If you don't want these things to happen then don't do them until you're ready to. The game does warn you that actions have consequences, so...

Honestly, if you just follow the recommendations of the guide it's no big deal. Make a couple of backup saves when suggested, and don't Embrace any named Citizens or key NPC's when prompted to make a choice. If you aren't sure what choice to make for specific NPC's then check the trophy guide for advice. Finish the game without embracing or otherwise killing named Citizens and only once you've completed the game should you load a backup save and go around killing people for weapons or keys. As long as you don't rest in a Hideout until you're ready to turn a district hostile, you shouldn't have any issues with missing out on items needed for trophies. If you do make a mistake then you still have your backup save from before the final boss to go back to.

Worst case if you want to ensure you don't do anything wrong you can use the walkthrough @Optinooby has on his YouTube channel to get everything done in one playthrough plus around 1 hour of cleanup. It's a very good guide.

• Like 1