This game makes me never want to play dontnod games!

ain_sr

After being stuck at 98% in Life is strange 1, now this... I just hate how the technical department or maybe the trophy admins are so incompetent. Been trying to plat this game since it was free on PS plus, but it has such a ridiculous trophy list which becomes annoying and impossible to achieve with the constant crashes. Now with just a few  weapons to find a district turned hostile as mistakenly levelled up.

They had a amazing game here but the crashes and unnecessarily complicated trophies really kills the enjoyment , and their reputation. Miles Morales runs buttery smooth on the PS4 and this crashes every time I cross some enemies or a district. I am too frustrated to continue wasting my time on this, oh and loading time wth are they loading... I don't even wanna try Life is Strange 2 

Update: After this post I tried to get the remaining weapons from the non-hostile districts but it crashed twice. And this time around I wasn't even skipping the districts! Never have I deleted a game so fast. Shitty games are tolerable but a good game that is left broken by the devs is beyond forgiveness for me. I don't know much harm would the crashes might have done to the PS4. 

Edited by ain_sr
  • Like 3

The Platinum is not that hard for me, at all, I think it's a good list.

But the amount of crashes and freezes of this game is ridiculous, I can't wait to get the Platinum and then, 0,1 seconds later, cancel this crashing piece of shit of game from my Ps4 for ever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ain_sr said:

After being stuck at 98% in Life is strange 1, now this... I just hate how the technical department or maybe the trophy admins are so incompetent. Been trying to plat this game since it was free on PS plus, but it has such a ridiculous trophy list which becomes annoying and impossible to achieve with the constant crashes. Now with just a few  weapons to find a district turned hostile as mistakenly levelled up.

They had a amazing game here but the crashes and unnecessarily complicated trophies really kills the enjoyment , and their reputation. Miles Morales runs buttery smooth on the PS4 and this crashes every time I cross some enemies or a district. I am too frustrated to continue wasting my time on this, oh and loading time wth are they loading... I don't even wanna try Life is Strange 2 

well my friend when it comes down to asking on trophy forums your going to be hit with a lot of people saying they didn't have a lot of the problems and I feel ya, as I have had nothing but problems for the normal marvel vs Capcom 3 and dead space 3 and even with ninja gaiden sigma 2 no one seems to have a good answer and if they do they normally reply with you did something wrong or your lying and yeah. I had the same kind of problems in life is strange 1, I had to play the second to last episode afew times to get a single trophy to pop it is really dum as hell but yeah.

I thought I reply with mostly saying I know your pain my friend

• Like 3

The trophy list isn't bad.The only difficult trophy is not even once and if you are on a blind run is really possible to miss it,For avoid crash beat enemies and don't skip battle.When you load another area and enemies follow you crashing is common.The rendering of NPC plus area makes the game crash.Even doing that is possible you have few crashes.Probably the PC version doesn't have this problem.Obviously you need to have a gaming PC like every single games version with PC and PS4 runs betteer on PC.It's the frustation doesn't make you progress give up otherwise try this tip for make the game enjoyable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KANERKB said:

well my friend when it comes down to asking on trophy forums your going to be hit with a lot of people saying they didn't have a lot of the problems and I feel ya, as I have had nothing but problems for the normal marvel vs Capcom 3 and dead space 3 and even with ninja gaiden sigma 2 no one seems to have a good answer and if they do they normally reply with you did something wrong or your lying and yeah. I had the same kind of problems in life is strange 1, I had to play the second to last episode afew times to get a single trophy to pop it is really dum as hell but yeah.

I thought I reply with mostly saying I know your pain my friend

Yes man, thanks for understanding the pain. I think the crashes and freezes are the real culprit here. Luck those who did not face many glitches.

17 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I wonder if this game would be better to play on a PS5? Idk if it solves crashing, I don’t know tech stuff.

Yes this needs to be checked by someone. It might help as the SSD will really speed up the loading, unless the core algorithm for loading assets suck.

18 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The Platinum is not that hard for me, at all, I think it's a good list.

But the amount of crashes and freezes of this game is ridiculous, I can't wait to get the Platinum and then, 0,1 seconds later, cancel this crashing piece of shit of game from my Ps4 for ever.

It's can be hard in one sense that the PS4 can't keep it running, but it's definitely annoying. For instance I had missed a side mission to save a person and got locked out of the collectable area. Got it back only because of the attacking through door glitch. 

I have an SSD and load times are still abysmal. You can accidently venture through on of those invisible walls and immediately go back just to hit another 2 minute load time. I have a base launch PS4, other than the load times I experienced 0 crashes, glitches, bugs, and trophy problems. Same goes for Life is Strange, Before the Storm, and Remember me so I don't think Dontnod is the problem here. (Not trying to say that you didn't experience the rare glitches, it certainly does suck)

If you mean the game is hard then yes I did experience some difficulty, up until the last boss, without feeding. If you went into Vampyr thinking it's an "easy" plat, you were mistaken.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I made a thread about it just, I hope there are people who have tested it out.

I can't speak for PS5 and PS4 Pro, but... 

I have a PS4 FAT with installed SSD instead HDD. It proved itself while playing Monster Hunter World (amazing loading times), GTA V/ONLINE (again, loadings were a lot shorter) and Cyberpunk 2077 (I had no problems with loading assets in, and it was a huge pain for hdd players).

That being said I platinumed Vampyr with said SSD and it was bad - game crashed a lot (not as much as cyberpunk, but still a lot) and often froze when I was trying to change district. 

As for positives I had no problems in achieving any trophy, everything worked, all collectibles were in place, but I can imagine it being broken for some players (due to overall state of the game). 

I guess PS4 Pro version would be almost as trashy as PS4 Slim/Fat, but PS5 should make it a lot better experience just as it does with Cyberpunk (again, pulling this one because it's fsr from good in terms of bugs and crashes). 

It's not that bad. The trophy list consist of mostly simple and straightforward tasks: Defeat this boss, Take care of this character's fate, and do this basic task (Level up weapon, Eat 10 rats, etc). Collectibles, as are generally the case, are what prevent what would mostly be a simple platinum. Though the way they're implemented in this game is okay considering. . .

The game warns you about the consequences of sleeping and literally shows you the negative impact it has on districts after doing it if you haven't been taking care of things beforehand. And sleeping is not forced, it's optional. Also the reality is that if you've allowed a district to become critical but moreso hostile, then you've been playing badly. Otherwise, if you're keeping on top of things, there's points in the game when you can sleep multiple times with little to no consequences, trophy and/or game wise and thus also get the important items from NPCs. Speak

The crashes and load times, however, are valid complaints. Although, the former I didn't have anywhere near as many as you've (probably exaggeratedly) claimed. That's including me constantly running around the world, dashing (fastest locomotion), and skipping battle encounters, on base PS4. The issue has just primarily been the long and short load times.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:39 AM, ain_sr said:

Yes this needs to be checked by someone. It might help as the SSD will really speed up the loading, unless the core algorithm for loading assets suck.

Load times have seen minor improvement. It's often similar or quicker by no more than a few secs. (Same with the first Styx game.)

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

I have an SSD and load times are still abysmal. You can accidently venture through on of those invisible walls and immediately go back just to hit another 2 minute load time. I have a base launch PS4...

Putting an SSD into a Base PS4 gives no advantage over having a 5400RPM mechanical drive in there. The hardware within that console, plus the Slim and the Pro, wasn't made to fully support SSDs, so any speed advantage you think you have is all in your head based around you 'wanting' it to be faster.

Playing the game on the PS5 with the internal SSD or an external 5400RPM drive will make the loading times come down, not by a huge amount as the game doesn't take advantage of them, but there is a difference due to the PS5 internals. 

Basically, you're overkilling your PS4 by using an SSD, it's going to give you less space to use with very minimal (if any) advantages over a standard drive. 

• Like 2

Vampyr is easy. except for maybe the first 2 hrs of your first playthrough, since you can't feed and the game is a bit souls-like but even still dodging enemies is easy and you can drop skull named overlevelled enemies providing you don't get greedy.

as for crashes i played it on a pro and i think it might have crashed once or twice, but never constant.. so unless your on old hardware or they have patched it and screwed it up in the last year orso Idk what to tell you.

sell your PS4 on fecesbook and buy a pro off there, just make sure you choose a Tlou 2 or RDR2 pro, you want the game art on the box. those are the most recent iterations of the PRO and the best. you could probaby grab for half retail price easy.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Basically, you're overkilling your PS4 by using an SSD, it's going to give you less space to use with very minimal (if any) advantages over a standard drive. 

True, but I just wanted clarify what type of console and drive I'm using. I mostly use an external drive because I had 2 internal drives that crashed and were basically irreparable. Plus it's easier to transport a usb external drive to a friend or brothers PS4 rather than transporting my whole PS4.

I was one of (apparently) the few people that didn't experience a ton of crashes, my biggest concern was always during loading times, the game seemed to be frozen and suddenly I was in control of my char again. The movement/combat is definitely not the best but it's hard for me to say it was really easy to 100% Vampyr because I used the excellent Optinooby video guide posted in the game threads, that indeed reduced issues with platinum route a lot. But I understand that for a blind run the game could be a nightmare.

Edited by GoldenShaka

On 1/31/2021 at 8:24 PM, BestUsername---- said:

If you mean the game is hard then yes I did experience some difficulty, up until the last boss, without feeding. If you went into Vampyr thinking it's an "easy" plat, you were mistaken.

Yup it's difficult in the no kill run, the annoyance from the long loading screen on top of it makes it further more challenging to have patience. But overcoming them was doable and I didn't mind much of it unlike the ridiculous crashes and freezes. I generally try to plat story based games, and it did have a unique and interesting story to tell which I enjoyed. But man the platinum does shit on the experience. People shouldn't go for the plat on this.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, zero3extreme said:

I just started this game and clocked in  5 hours and crashed 2 times which really put me off...I really want to enjoy this game and plat it but I think I just pass.... literally unplayable due to crashes...

Word of advice, it's not worth the plat, too much time will be wasted on crashes.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:52 AM, golfstar59 said:

The loading screens are so abysmal along with the crashes. So different than raging over sucking at a game this time its because the game sucks the life out of you

Yup I know your pain. I just gave up on the platinum, this was the first game ever which I intended to plat but didn't and I've got some 'stupidly' difficult CoD trophies. No game that disrespects your time deserves a platinum.

Edited by ain_sr

• 1 year later...
On 30/01/2021 at 6:11 PM, LoveInHell said:

I wonder if this game would be better to play on a PS5? Idk if it solves crashing, I don’t know tech stuff.

I'm playing on PS5 and I haven't had any crashes. But a lot of things show how poorly the game was optimized. Sometimes the NPCs walking far away are in slow motion and the loading times are terrible, I think even GTA V doesn't take that long to load. I'm eager to remove this from my console lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...