Control PS Plus

SCREWBWOI

1 hour ago, SCREWBWOI said:

I have a standard physical copy but want to play the dlc so was wondering what would happen if you download the ultimate edition from the ps plus version when the standard game is installed.

From what I've read you need to beat the game again on ultimate edition to play both the dlc because you control save file won't work with the ultimate edition...

6 minutes ago, AMU-LOVE said:

From what I've read you need to beat the game again on ultimate edition to play both the dlc because you control save file won't work with the ultimate edition...

ugh seriously? I'm not against playing it 2 more times... just a headache tho. Guess ill play ps5 version first.

anyone wanting to rush through, use the no deaths assist. 

8 hours ago, AMU-LOVE said:

Awh man that sucks, I thought it would work since it's one trophy list :(

7 hours ago, Sikutai said:

You have to play the base game again again but you can activate some sort of God Mode in the options so you can rush through the game.

Looks like I'm gonna have to thanks for the reply

Edited by SCREWBWOI

10 hours ago, SCREWBWOI said:

I have a standard physical copy but want to play the dlc so was wondering what would happen if you download the ultimate edition from the ps plus version when the standard game is installed.

I did this earlier and my save file from the standard physical game worked with the digital UE version.

I know there have been reports that the saves weren't compatible, but most of those cases involved the physical edition being from a different region than the digital download - and that won't work.

But based on my experience, the physical standard edition and digital UE saves are compatible.

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I did this earlier and my save file from the standard physical game worked with the digital UE version.

I know there have been reports that the saves weren't compatible, but most of those cases involved the physical edition being from a different region than the digital download - and that won't work.

But based on my experience, the physical standard edition and digital UE saves are compatible.

If that's the case I hope it works for me so it's saves me some time

Edited by SCREWBWOI

32 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

Yes it is, would recommend and also the trophies aren't too difficult

If that's the case I hope it works for me so it's saves me some time

Here is the other thread. Others have confirmed that they have been able to carry on

I would suggest you back up your save to the cloud (or USB) and then delete the original digital install. Download the UE version, and then download your save file. You should be able to carry on.

I don't think you can boot the disc version and just run the DLC from the UE - so the best approach would be a clean install of the UE, then use your original save from the disc or standard digital version.

FWIW, I had bought the Ultimate Edition to get the DLC and my vanilla save worked with the UE. The saves are not compatible with the PS5 version.

Regarding the Foundation DLC, make sure you have the mission selected as active to start it successfully. For the AWE, same thing, but use the elevator from Central Executive to go to Investigations. 

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Here is the other thread. Others have confirmed that they have been able to carry on

I would suggest you back up your save to the cloud (or USB) and then delete the original digital install. Download the UE version, and then download your save file. You should be able to carry on.

I don't think you can boot the disc version and just run the DLC from the UE - so the best approach would be a clean install of the UE, then use your original save from the disc or standard digital version.

I think that backing the disc version would be the safest approach tbh, hopefully I don't experience too many problems and if it comes to worst I'll just have to replay it.

1 hour ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

FWIW, I had bought the Ultimate Edition to get the DLC and my vanilla save worked with the UE. The saves are not compatible with the PS5 version.

Regarding the Foundation DLC, make sure you have the mission selected as active to start it successfully. For the AWE, same thing, but use the elevator from Central Executive to go to Investigations. 

So if I have a ps4 physical copy and play the UE on PS4 it should work right? I don't own a ps5 so I'm not too fussed about that.

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Is the game fun? I have not played it yet

Absolutely not, but i guess that that opinions will vary. I regret having started it.

Map is broken, no waypoints, boring characters and story, all in one big gray building, to me one of the most boring games i have played, waste of precious gaming time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colia100 said:

Absolutely not, but i guess that that opinions will vary. I regret having started it.

Map is broken, no waypoints, boring characters and story, all in one big gray building, to me one of the most boring games i have played, waste of precious gaming time

I would like to respectfully disagree and say that at the very least the game deserves a try - especially since it's free.

It was GOTY for a reason and for me it is one of the best games I've played in the PS4 era.

I agree the map requires some effort to understand and you learning your way around it, ultimately I think it was successful as a design choice in making the building feel even more like a broken maze or labyrinth you need to find your way through. By the 3/4 of your run it is much more open, your abilities allow easier traversal and knowledge of it is rewarding in its own way.

In any case - give it a try. And if you're in it just for the platinum you are able to enable the literal God mode (one hit kills, invulnerability, "infinite" ammo and energy) and with some help from the guides you'll likely 100% the UE in less than 20 hours with skipping dialogues and cutscenes - which would be a shame.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I would like to respectfully disagree and say that at the very least the game deserves a try - especially since it's free.

It was GOTY for a reason and for me it is one of the best games I've played in the PS4 era.

I agree the map requires some effort to understand and you learning your way around it, ultimately I think it was successful as a design choice in making the building feel even more like a broken maze or labyrinth you need to find your way through. By the 3/4 of your run it is much more open, your abilities allow easier traversal and knowledge of it is rewarding in its own way.

In any case - give it a try. And if you're in it just for the platinum you are able to enable the literal God mode (one hit kills, invulnerability, "infinite" ammo and energy) and with some help from the guides you'll likely 100% the UE in less than 20 hours with skipping dialogues and cutscenes - which would be a shame.

Thank you. I will try it :)