Can we talk about the horrible bots in this game?

its_ArchroniX

I started playing this game not so long ago to find myself enjoying it more than I actually thought. It's a fun and entertaining game and the trophies aren't too hard either. I got through a lot of the tours and challenges fairly easy.

But what bothers me most about the harder challenges is how incredibly annoying the bots in this game are. And with that I mean that your team is either filled with bots that have no clue what they're doing and aren't playing the objective at all or the enemy bots are just WAY to overpowered! I had matches where my team clutched the flawless victory (not giving me the time to complete my challenges but okay) within a few minutes while in other matches I can't drive 2 meters without getting crushed from above, taken down or I just randomly get hit on my rear bumper and get a complete spinout, especially in Lockdown matches. And the most frustrating part is that when the challenges get tougher it's hard to complete them while your team does absolutely nothing to help you whatsoever! 

It's a fun game but the bots are driving me absolutely crazy by now especially in the last tournaments where the challenges are way harder than before. I'm still determined to get the platinum but I HATE those challenges in the later tournaments (might be my must infuriating platinum trophy yet). Anyone else had this particular problem where the bots are just ridiculous?

• Like 2

Pro tip for 12 TAKEDOWNS challenge:

Spoiler

This is possibly the hardest challenge in the game. Try it a couple times solo, but if you fail, go straight to Sessions on this website and do this in co-op. The difference is night and day. I eventually found 2 other players who needed this challenge and all of us got it on first or second attempt.

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Pro tip for 12 TAKEDOWNS challenge:

Reveal hidden contents

This is possibly the hardest challenge in the game. Try it a couple times solo, but if you fail, go straight to Sessions on this website and do this in co-op. The difference is night and day. I eventually found 2 other players who needed this challenge and all of us got it on first or second attempt.

Thanks for the heads-up!

The challenge I'm currently struggling with is the 'Capture 15 zones' challenge in Lockdown. Either my team stays behind all match and doesn't help me capture the zones at all or they capture the zones quicker than I can actually get in it myself (and it doesn't count towards the challenge if I don't capture the zone myself).

Luckily I found a little glitch where you can leave in the middle of a tournament and keep you progression (even though the game says you will lose you progression).

Edited by its_ArchroniX

• 3 weeks later...

As I remember I haven't any problems with any of the lockdown matches (you just need to use that nitro thing all the time and stay in front of everyone) but those 3 switch challenges where you need to survive all the time to the end on the bike were just super annoying. It took me about 4h to finish just one event. I can confirm the platinum is doable solo but it might be harder. Never played anything online in that game.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 7:42 AM, its_ArchroniX said:

I started playing this game not so long ago to find myself enjoying it more than I actually thought. It's a fun and entertaining game and the trophies aren't too hard either. I got through a lot of the tours and challenges fairly easy.

But what bothers me most about the harder challenges is how incredibly annoying the bots in this game are. And with that I mean that your team is either filled with bots that have no clue what they're doing and aren't playing the objective at all or the enemy bots are just WAY to overpowered! I had matches where my team clutched the flawless victory (not giving me the time to complete my challenges but okay) within a few minutes while in other matches I can't drive 2 meters without getting crushed from above, taken down or I just randomly get hit on my rear bumper and get a complete spinout, especially in Lockdown matches. And the most frustrating part is that when the challenges get tougher it's hard to complete them while your team does absolutely nothing to help you whatsoever! 

It's a fun game but the bots are driving me absolutely crazy by now especially in the last tournaments where the challenges are way harder than before. I'm still determined to get the platinum but I HATE those challenges in the later tournaments (might be my must infuriating platinum trophy yet). Anyone else had this particular problem where the bots are just ridiculous?

yes, game became a miserable plat for me. had alot of potential to be great and had its moments but overall the bots and not being able to see at night while i crash into shit i cant see really sucked. also felt impossible to catch up alot of times

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They really are terrible. Once you loose them you can't even catch up to them, at least it was like that for me on my last challenge (get 12 takedowns). I then found out that it is better to just give up and stop driving and then the game will get you back in action where you will be put right in betwen them so try using that trick instead of trying to catch up to them.

• Like 2