Trophy Thoughts

Lord_Bane999

These games usually have worldwide lists rather than stacks.  We probably will see it next month in NA.  Definitely glad we're finally getting this one though.

Trophy wise, looks a bit different from the usual Kemco fare.  Probably still won't be too hard and glad to see nothing to do with treasure chests since many of the older games have awful treasure chest trophies. 

• Like 3

About damn time this gets a release!

The Asdivine series is my favorite of all the Kemco games

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I have a confession.... I have like ten Kemco games and have yet to play any of them. Question for the game please- do you need to play the other Asdivine games before this? Thank you

Cross is a standalone entry just like Asdivine Kamura was 

As for games that are connected it's Asdivine Hearts and then Asdivine Hearts 2 

Asdivine Dios should be played before Menace (both are loosely connected to 1 and 2) 

I recommend playing all of them if you get the chance 

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

These games usually have worldwide lists rather than stacks.  We probably will see it next month in NA.  Definitely glad we're finally getting this one though.

Trophy wise, looks a bit different from the usual Kemco fare.  Probably still won't be too hard and glad to see nothing to do with treasure chests since many of the older games have awful treasure chest trophies. 

If it's anything like the other Asdivine games a bulk of the endings are missable unless you manage the trust well which was kinda annoying 

It’s too bad these are no longer getting Vita ports. I understand it from a business point of view, but these just aren’t the kind of game I want to play on a console/TV. They were perfect handheld games for travel or an hour at bed before turning in.

46 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

If it's anything like the other Asdivine games a bulk of the endings are missable unless you manage the trust well which was kinda annoying 

That really was a matter of buy items to increase trust, save before the boss, use items, beat game, reload save and repeat though.  Not hard if your level is high enough to beat the bosses easily.

37 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It’s too bad these are no longer getting Vita ports. I understand it from a business point of view, but these just aren’t the kind of game I want to play on a console/TV. They were perfect handheld games for travel or an hour at bed before turning in.

Remote play is an idea though.  Doesn't work for travel, but does work for lying in bed.  I've done that for a few games I prefer playing on Vita already.

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

That really was a matter of buy items to increase trust, save before the boss, use items, beat game, reload save and repeat though.  Not hard if your level is high enough to beat the bosses easily.

Remote play is an idea though.  Doesn't work for travel, but does work for lying in bed.  I've done that for a few games I prefer playing on Vita already.

I find it really hard to maintain the connection. We have good wifi coverage and I can run all the console wirelessly, but for whatever reason the connection between the Vita and PS4 just glitches a lot

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I find it really hard to maintain the connection. We have good wifi coverage and I can run all the console wirelessly, but for whatever reason the connection between the Vita and PS4 just glitches a lot

It really depends on your placement of the modem/router and how much metal, etc there is in between to block it's connection.

For example mine is in the Den in the Basement at first my seem a poor choice but my bedroom is right above it and there's not much metal in the walls between the rooms so I usually get a stellar connection on remote play.

If you placed the modem/router on a metal stand, have another electronic device that gives off radio/wireless signals nearby it (2-3feet), or inbetween rooms where they may be lots of pipes in walls. It can affect the connection pretty largely sometimes.

6 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Haven't taken the plunge on any Kemco games but they seem like a nice fit to remote play on my Vita while WFH, I mean when I'm not busy..thats what I meant 1f440.png

It's a simple rpg like most of theirs but Asdivine Cross was also pretty highly rated on the 3DS  especially for a Kemco game.

Guessing this means since their bringing this to PS4 we may seen the rest of the Alphadia games eventually they also were kinda shunted to mobile/3DS for a long time as well.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

How do some people on here already have the game (including one who has the plat already)

I've looked on the NA store and can't find it

Hopefully it drops this week

You'll see that quite often for games on here. There's some reviewers and guide writers that are actually "sponsored" and receive early copies for that purpose so they can release a video on the day of release if not just before.

• 4 weeks later...

Played the 3DS port a few years ago and, even after playing Dios and Menace recently, this is still my favorite Asdivine game. A reasonable trophy list, though learning all magic/skills may be tricky given it's a bit ambiguous on "Learn them all in general, or have Lucile learn them all herself."

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

You'll see that quite often for games on here. There's some reviewers and guide writers that are actually "sponsored" and receive early copies for that purpose so they can release a video on the day of release if not just before.

It's also common with Kemco games because they release in Japan first and then release in NA later.  If you look at the leaderboard usually the people who have trophies are all Japanese accounts.  Asdivine Cross is in the NA PSN store now though, just released on the 21st according to the info.

Edit: Also it should be noted that this title is a bit weird as far as the endings go.  Unlike previous ones where you load clear data, redo the normal end boss and make a different choice, in this you have to do new game + and then replay up to that point and then make another choice.  It does let you speed uo cutscenes, but still is a lot of extra time.  Can't comment yet regarding the magic and skills trophy and what that will entail but at minimum someone besides Lucile definitely will need to max out all types of magic and Lucile has a lot of monster skills to learn.  However, you can also totally cheese many bosses with her by having her taunt enemies, get healed when they hit her and have them use their support skills and heals on her instead.  Definitely the longest of the Kemco plats thus far, but not a bad game.  I don't think it quite tops Menace and Kamura, but those two are hard acts to follow.  It's about on par with Asdivine Hearts.

Edit the second: Definitely don't bother with subquests on your first run.  All progress on those is reset in NG+ and you need to be in post game to finish them all like the other games.  Most of the rewards aren't that worth it other than subquest 16 which nets you a four leaf clover (trust level building item you'll need for all the endings).  You keep levels and equipment though, so it's worth it to grind and overlevel yourself for the normal end boss (which makes things much easier, the boss is a real pain if you're low leveled since it can potentially heal faster than you can damage it).

Edit the third: This is hands down the worst Kemco plat I've done.  Level 100 on the training accelerator and getting all the magic and skills is a major pain in the butt.  Expect to grind a lot, and unlike other games, no battle shortcut and no way to speed up battles, so this isn't like Revenant Saga where you can go to the metal island and get an encounter every step and get to level 900+ in no time thanks to battle shortcut.  35+ hours and I'm only at level 400+  And since you need monsters ot use skills on Lucile, you actually have to visit many of the optional areas.  This plat likely will end up being pretty low rarity once more people own it just because of those two trophies and the requirement for two playthroughs that is going to annoy people thinking it's Kemco, must be an easy 15-20 hour long plat.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, ladynadiad said:

It's also common with Kemco games because they release in Japan first and then release in NA later.  If you look at the leaderboard usually the people who have trophies are all Japanese accounts.  Asdivine Cross is in the NA PSN store now though, just released on the 21st according to the info.

Edit: Also it should be noted that this title is a bit weird as far as the endings go.  Unlike previous ones where you load clear data, redo the normal end boss and make a different choice, in this you have to do new game + and then replay up to that point and then make another choice.  It does let you speed uo cutscenes, but still is a lot of extra time.  Can't comment yet regarding the magic and skills trophy and what that will entail but at minimum someone besides Lucile definitely will need to max out all types of magic and Lucile has a lot of monster skills to learn.  However, you can also totally cheese many bosses with her by having her taunt enemies, get healed when they hit her and have them use their support skills and heals on her instead.  Definitely the longest of the Kemco plats thus far, but not a bad game.  I don't think it quite tops Menace and Kamura, but those two are hard acts to follow.  It's about on par with Asdivine Hearts.

Edit the second: Definitely don't bother with subquests on your first run.  All progress on those is reset in NG+ and you need to be in post game to finish them all like the other games.  Most of the rewards aren't that worth it other than subquest 16 which nets you a four leaf clover (trust level building item you'll need for all the endings).  You keep levels and equipment though, so it's worth it to grind and overlevel yourself for the normal end boss (which makes things much easier, the boss is a real pain if you're low leveled since it can potentially heal faster than you can damage it).

Edit the third: This is hands down the worst Kemco plat I've done.  Level 100 on the training accelerator and getting all the magic and skills is a major pain in the butt.  Expect to grind a lot, and unlike other games, no battle shortcut and no way to speed up battles, so this isn't like Revenant Saga where you can go to the metal island and get an encounter every step and get to level 900+ in no time thanks to battle shortcut.  35+ hours and I'm only at level 400+  And since you need monsters ot use skills on Lucile, you actually have to visit many of the optional areas.  This plat likely will end up being pretty low rarity once more people own it just because of those two trophies and the requirement for two playthroughs that is going to annoy people thinking it's Kemco, must be an easy 15-20 hour long plat.

Glad I came back to this topic and read this

So it goes first run>NG+>post game then? 

To speed up the endings I'm hoping you can make two save files, one for the first run and another for your clear data/NGP and reload the first one and get all the normal endings then move on to the second save file

Thanks for the heads up about the side quests 

I had a bad feeling that's what the learn all skills trophy would be for....it's a pain because there is no guarantee the monsters will attack with a skill...hoping there is a guide with all the monster abilities you need to have her learn, I'm guessing the other three party members magic/skills count towards this too?

One thing I already hate is the cups. I'm around level 50 or so and struggled with the hard silver cup because unlike most Kemco games you don't have the option to revive yourself with 100 points...nope it's back to the start

I'll still try and see this through to the end though since I got the plat for all the other Asdivine games so far (except for the first which didn't have one)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Glad I came back to this topic and read this

So it goes first run>NG+>post game then? 

To speed up the endings I'm hoping you can make two save files, one for the first run and another for your clear data/NGP and reload the first one and get all the normal endings then move on to the second save file

Thanks for the heads up about the side quests 

I had a bad feeling that's what the learn all skills trophy would be for....it's a pain because there is no guarantee the monsters will attack with a skill...hoping there is a guide with all the monster abilities you need to have her learn, I'm guessing the other three party members magic/skills count towards this too?

One thing I already hate is the cups. I'm around level 50 or so and struggled with the hard silver cup because unlike most Kemco games you don't have the option to revive yourself with 100 points...nope it's back to the start

I'll still try and see this through to the end though since I got the plat for all the other Asdivine games so far (except for the first which didn't have one)

Yeah, you can still reload and do all the other endings both for normal and true endings.  One good thing is that you will get enough four leaf clovers as long as you get most of the treasure.  Unlike the others though, it's a bit weird with the clear data to do NG+.  You'll see it will mark the file, but if you go back and try to grind more or something, you'll have to redo the final boss to get your clear data.  Word of advice, make sure you are at least level 100 for the final boss.  Because the final boss in this game does have a heal for 9000 HP, you definitely want to be overleveled here.

I'll go ahead and say, I ended up grinding to level 300+ for the maid cup.  The rest you can do at 100-150, but easy and normal levels of maid cup were pretty hard.  The hard level of the maid cup was a piece of cake because the enemies are all metal and by then you should have plenty of capability to crit them all within a round.  At where you are now you should be able to tackle monsters on the first metal island which is up in the top right corner of the world map.  It takes a bit of luck, but you should be able to get a turn before they all run and can get lucky enough to beat one.  Once you get everyone with weapons that boost crit chance grinding on metal islands becomes a piece of cake. 

As far as skills go, yes other three party member's magic/skills count.  This becomes a pain because Lucile has a skill to heal from attacks being used on her but a lot of the most powerful spells and skills are all enemies or a column.  In good news, if you go to status and look at her magic and skills, you can see spots marked as ??? so you do know how many you still need.  RPG Insanity does have a listing.  If it comes down to it, you can also use skill bags to get the last few skills.  You get 1 for each playthrough, and they cost 200 ACP each otherwise.  So my advice here is to not spend ACP any more than you can help once you've gotten the stuff for increased experience, item, and gold.  Once i was down to about 19 skills I said screw it and made it so my party could quickly wipe out mobs, equipped an attract ring and just walked around Lumina farming ACP until I got 200 ACP, bought a skill bag and then used it and kept going until the plat popped.  This gets very tedious fast though, because it's 3 battles for 10 ACP, so 200 ACP = 60 battles and Lucile has a ton of skills she can learn.  But with a level 700+ party, and most having a ring to attack all, you can wipe out mobs so fast it's almost like having battle shortcut.

And I did forget to update it, but with Training Accelerator it's just like Revenant Saga where if you get the Gazillion Challenge reward it gives you something that will let you skip every 10 levels and Gazlillion Challenge in this game is a piece of cake.  All you need is high levels, have Lucile kill off the rest of the party and you make use of a blast combo of Absorb BP + 16-Shot.  High levels and luck is key here because bad luck can get you something that can one shot even a maxed out part, but good luck can net you 10 easy monsters and you're done.

I'll say right now though, this plat took me about 40 hours which is pretty dang long for a Kemco game, especially an EXE-Create title which tend to be pretty simple overall.  Lucile's skills and having to do NG+ was definitely what caused it to be so much longer.

• Like 1