can you still get this game?

jotdeipis

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This game was delisted years ago so there's no legitimate way to obtain it anymore. There are plenty of ways to get it but none of them are legal and discussing them will have the mods bashing your door down.

This^

Technically, you could have bought it when it was available, and only got around to playing it now, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that is not the case for anyone getting the platinum now.  

Let's face it, no one who bought that game would have waited any time at all before popping the trophies - Anyone who is buying a game for a 5 minute platinum is not likely to be into the concept of delaying gratification!

17 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

I do not agree with that statement. Lots of people on psnprofile have a huge backlog and i think that it's really not unlikely that some people waited a long time to play this.

Maybe not the majority, though

:dunno:Possible certainly, but I can't see it to be honest.

We are talking about a game where the act of going on the store and purchasing, then downloading it takes significantly longer than actually getting the platinum.

You are theorising a person who is willing to pay money for a 2 minute platinum, go through that process, but then not do the easy step of collecting the platinum they paid for, for 4 years?

Personally, I just don't see that person existing.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

Just now, Stevieboy said:

I am that person. I bought the game when it was up and I've never got round to playing it yet.

? Fair enough - are you going to though?

I guess I'n my head I figured that if someone bought the game back then and had waited this long, it was because they had decided not to bother at all!

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png Fair enough - are you going to though?

I guess I'n my head I figured that if someone bought the game back then and had waited this long, it was because they had decided not to bother at all!

Well, I haven't planned not to play it, so I guess I'll get round to it eventually. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Well, I haven't planned not to play it, so I guess I'll get round to it eventually. 

Well, touché my friend, I stand corrected! :) 

Good luck when you do - I hear it's not too difficult a platinum ;) 

• Like 3

The only way I can see someone getting this game now is if someone who bought it shares their account, but then again, nobody will share their account. 

Most likely it's what was said above, people bought the game and are only now getting to it, for example, I recently got the plat on Kung Fu Panda on the PS4, this game was delisted years ago and you can only obtain it if you buy a expensive used copy since the game is rare in a way. I played the digital version since it was given for free with PS Plus some years ago (December 2017). Even if the game is delisted you still own it so those who bought this game have access to it as long as they have access to their account

is getting games shared or loaned or rented a practice considered illegal on this site? because if it is, I believe that a good portion of users would be tainted lol

5 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

is getting games shared or loaned or rented a practice considered illegal on this site? because if it is, I believe that a good portion of users would be tainted lol

You obviously didn't read rule 4 then: 

Basically asking for or advertising gamesharing is not allowed on this site.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/

Obviously we can’t police the practice of doing those things, but we do restrict the discussion of those things on the site. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

You obviously didn't read rule 4 then: 

Basically asking for or advertising gamesharing is not allowed on this site.

I was talking about the practice itself, obviously you can't ask for it here.

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

I was talking about the practice itself, obviously you can't ask for it here.

As Daiv said, we can't police what goes on outside of this site. We can only restrict the discussion of it here.

Edited by Stevieboy

On 09/03/2021 at 3:52 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

:dunno:Possible certainly, but I can't see it to be honest.

We are talking about a game where the act of going on the store and purchasing, then downloading it takes significantly longer than actually getting the platinum.

You are theorising a person who is willing to pay money for a 2 minute platinum, go through that process, but then not do the easy step of collecting the platinum they paid for, for 4 years?

Personally, I just don't see that person existing.

You don't even imagine my backlog ?. Sometimes i just randomly browse the store and buy something, then just forget about it for a long time. Sometimes, i just download a game and let it rest on my console for years before even touching it.

Yes, it happens :D

• Like 1