Mutators and trophies

WildeNick

So I have played this game on PC a while ago and since it is on PS Now, thinking to plat it. I know that there were (are) special modifications (mutators) for private PvE games which make highest difficulty much easier. So I am wondering if they are disabling the trophies or not. Specifically :gold:Well, what did you achieve? trophy. I used them to complete some chapters on Extreme solo to get special melee and sniper rifle skins.

Edited by WildeNick

11 minutes ago, WildeNick said:

So I have played this game on PC a while ago and since it is on PS Now, thinking to plat it. I know that there were (are) special modifications (mutators) for private PvE games which make highest difficulty much easier. So I am wondering if they are disabling the trophies or not. Specifically :gold:Well, what did you achieve? trophy. I used them to complete some chapters on Extreme solo to get special melee and sniper rifle skins.

i dont think mutators impact trophies. i got the plat before the mutators and i think i recall people saying they made the platinum tons more easy once they were patched in and i was salty i did it the hard way right before mutators. someone else might want to chime in and verify it though.

also if anything if they did impact it, you would prob just have to replay those certain levels without mutators. worse case scenario it wouldnt lock out the trophy forever

Edited by melodicmizery

3 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i dont think mutators impact trophies. i got the plat before the mutators and i think i recall people saying they made the platinum tons more easy once they were patched in and i was salty i did it the hard way right before mutators. someone else might want to chime in and verify it though.

also if anything if they did impact it, you would prob just have to replay those certain levels without mutators. worse case scenario it wouldnt lock out the trophy forever

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that you can't use mutators to make it easier to get the trophies anymore they patched it out a while ago I think

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that you can't use mutators to make it easier to get the trophies anymore they patched it out a while ago I think

i think you might be right now that you mention it. so basically they patched mutators in and it was easier and a few people got to use it easily and then maybe a month after they repatched the mutators so you cant use it. does that sound about right? i remember reading about alot of patches and changes after the mutators came that seemed like a clusterfck

id say if someone has the digital version and not the ps now version, try downgrading the patch to 1.0 maybe and using some of the level exploits that are unpatched in 1.0. you could solo some of those hard levels with the old exploits. i wish i would of at the time but i didnt know how to downgrade back then. 

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

Just now, melodicmizery said:

i think you might be right now that you mention it. so basically they patched mutators in and it was easier and a few people got to use it easily and then maybe a month after they repatched the mutators so you cant use it. does that sound about right? i remember reading about alot of patches and changes after the mutators came that seemed like a clusterfck

Yeah i'm pretty sure you just summed it all up perfectly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

id say if someone has the digital version and not the ps now version, try downgrading the patch to 1.0 maybe and using some of the level exploits that are unpatched in 1.0. you could solo some of those hard levels with the old exploits. i wish i would of at the time but i didnt know how to downgrade back then. 

17 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

Yeah i'm pretty sure you just summed it all up perfectly.

I think it actually makes sense that they got it patched. Well, I guess "This is the Way" then. Won't bother with modifications and will try to complete clean playthrough on Extreme or better Insane. Thanks for the Info.

Edited by WildeNick

Mutators void trophies unless you can roll back to a previous (not release day) version. They didn't exist at launch, so using an unpatched retail disc wont help either.