Free from March 25th to April 23rd

ScavzYT

28 minutes ago, DarthPunisher said:

I am still undecided about whether or not to try it.  I have watched a few trailers and review videos for it and still honestly don’t understand what is going on in it or what you are even supposed to do...

me too

1 hour ago, DarthPunisher said:

I am still undecided about whether or not to try it.  I have watched a few trailers and review videos for it and still honestly don’t understand what is going on in it or what you are even supposed to do...

It's a unique rhythm game in which you have to keep yourself alive by thumping to the rhythm (you grind along walls and jump over spikes to the tune of the beat to avoid taking damage). Starts out pretty easy but gets extremely fast-paced and insanely tricky in the rhythms in later levels. The stages are so intense and the game definitely fills you with a sense of dread / makes you feel unsettled.

It's one of my favourite rhythm game experiences and I would absolutely not pass it up especially since it's free right now. It's not for everyone but I definitely loved it.

EDIT: It's also a hell of a trip in VR.

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Katt said:

I tried this game. Defeated the first boss. Didn't liked at all. It's one of those "no fun allowed" games. I'll just continue playing DJMAX. Terrible pick for a free game.

The game is nothing but fun

On 3/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

excited to finally try it out. Looks like it can be tough as nails at some points but it still looks very enjoyable.

It's not that bad, I got the plat a year or so ago

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Katt said:

I tried this game. Defeated the first boss. Didn't liked at all. It's one of those "no fun allowed" games. I'll just continue playing DJMAX. Terrible pick for a free game.

EDIT: It is a terrible pick, because not many people will even get past the first boss and will continue asking themselves "what I'm even doing". Don't quote me again. Thanks.

AKA You barely got past the first boss and didn't like it, therefore no one will like it. Still complaining about free games, crazy.

• Like 2

Next time I dislike a game, I'll keep it to myself. This toxic behavior is unacceptable. I wasn't picking a fight with no one when I stated my disapproval.

Edited by Katt

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Apparently you can't dislike a game and you can't criticize the choice of making it free because it's free. Crazy.

I'm not saying it's a trash game. I'm just saying I would rather something else to relax in these stressful times. So, relax, fanboys.

(Yes, I know there are more free games. But I still want something else)

You can criticize a game for its content but saying something is a bad choice for a free game is an oxymoron. Maybe they shouldn't have given out subnautica because it's a horror game and we can't have those in stressful times. 

13 hours ago, Katt said:

I'm not saying it's a trash game. I'm just saying I would rather something else to relax in these stressful times. So, relax, fanboys.

Did you even look at the list of games they are giving away for free? Neither Abzu nor The Witness are stressful in any way. I love that they chose a handful of very different games. Would be kinda boring if it was the exact same game 7 times, wouldn't it? 

• Like 3