Guess the videogame by describing its cover!

xxEliteCDxx

8 hours ago, xxEliteCDxx said:

@FreshFromThaDeli  - That's almost correct, but not quite !!  Keep it up, you are getting there ! :)

Toystory264.jpg

Got there in the end :D

Next cover: A blue chested virtuous kong clenches his fist into the air and exudes his primal characteristic.

Supplementary hints:

Spoiler

Originally appeared in arcades before appearing on home consoles such as Sega Megadrive/Genesis, Super Nintendo and PS1 to name a few.

Gory and violent

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, xxEliteCDxx said:

Bulletstorm ! :)

71mQ64Qs4FL._SY445_.jpg

Next Cover:  The cover portrays an anthropomorphic cat, holding a vacuum cleaner ! However, this vacuum cleaner is quite special, as it can be used to control time !  :)

Supplementary Hint: An XBOX exclusive

665670-blinx-the-time-sweeper-xbox-one-f

Next cover: A trio of protagonists. The female hero is shooting the army of ants behind them with help from the team's canine. The male hero watches on behind him.

Supplementary hint:

Third person gameplay

Sci-Fi setting

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1

On 08.05.2021 at 4:42 PM, xxEliteCDxx said:

Next Cover:  The cover demonstrates a cat wearing a body armor and holding a sword ! The outlines of some of his companions and his nemesis are visible in the background!   :)

Supplementary Hint: The game received a sequel in 2019

Cat Quest

cat-quest-esrb-boxart-1-lq.jpg

Next cover features an origami figure.

The North American and Japanese cover arts are different.

• Like 1

Next cover is a suit of armor with a long flowing blue cape.

Hint 1:  It's like Escaflowne.

Hint 2:  Your avatar character does nothing for the plot.

Hint 3:  It had an online mode that was like an MMORPG lite.  Do fetch quests, fight trash mobs, fights bosses, get mats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

Next cover is a suit of armor with a long flowing blue cape.

Hint 1:  It's like Escaflowne.

Hint 2:  Your avatar character does nothing for the plot.

Hint 3:  It had an online mode that was like an MMORPG lite.  Do fetch quests, fight trash mobs, fights bosses, get mats.

I'm going with White Knight Chronicles here (I would have gotten it without the hints - the cover is the best part of the game).

God, I hate that game.

Amazon.com: White Knight Chronicles International Edition - Playstation 3:  Video Games

Next cover: a dude wearing midriff-baring armor holds a laser sword of two colors.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Next cover: a dude wearing midriff-baring armor holds a laser sword of two colors.

El_Shaddai_Game_Cover_Art.png

Hmmm.... A very hansome man, with a very big sword, in a very nice suit, with a very robotic arm stands in front of various different things depending on which region you are in, but a certain heavenly body is always present.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 9:18 PM, nyarLOLhotep said:

El_Shaddai_Game_Cover_Art.png

Hmmm.... A very hansome man, with a very big sword, in a very nice suit, with a very robotic arm stands in front of various different things depending on which region you are in, but a certain heavenly body is always present.

Would you like to give us a few more hints ?  :)

23 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

It was on both 360 and PS3. It eventually got a PC release as well. It came out a year after a more notorious release by the same Dev team.

Ok, one more.

The protagonist shares a surname with an American musician and coutner-culture icon. His children made frequent appearances on MTV when they actually played music videos.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok, I spend a lot of time searching, but it must be Killer Is Dead: a man in a suit, a big ass sword, a robotic arm, and his name is apparently Mondo Zappa similar to Frank Zappa the musician. 

71ANI6IjQuL._SL1301_.jpg

NEXT

This one should be very easy: there's Vin Diesel on the cover.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 6:00 PM, Slava said:

Ok, I spend a lot of time searching, but it must be Killer Is Dead: a man in a suit, a big ass sword, a robotic arm, and his name is apparently Mondo Zappa similar to Frank Zappa the musician. 

71ANI6IjQuL._SL1301_.jpg

NEXT

This one should be very easy: there's Vin Diesel on the cover.

Wow !!! Congratulations @Slava for figuring this out! I think that might be the correct answer, thank you for investigating and replying back to this post after so many months! :)

As for your question, is it The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay ?

Next Cover: Features a giant shark approaching 2 fish that are right in front of him.

Hint: Based on a disney movie :)

Edited by xxEliteCDxx
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, xxEliteCDxx said:

Wow !!! Congratulations @Slava for figuring this out! I think that might be the correct answer, thank you for investigating and replying back to this post after so many months! :)

As for your question, is it The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay ?

Haha, thanks ?

It was actually Wheelman. I should have specified better.

• Like 1