Another No Platinum

Much like another recent adventure/VN type game in Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest, this has no plat.  I’m not sure how long this game is, but regardless it’s still disappointing to see.  I’m a huge fan of Lovecraft and was excited to pick this up after watching the trailer. I still will most definitely buy this, but am still curious why there is no plat here.

• Like 1

As far as I understand it, trophies aren't a standard free thing and the developer/publisher has to pay a cost to Sony depending on the trophy list they include. A full platinum trophy list would cost more to include than a non-platinum list. This list has under 30 trophies and they are all bronze, which seems to be the cheapest most vanilla option for trophy listings. So i'm guessing it was to cut some costs on the developer end.

I can't find any information that confirms that developers have to pay more to include a Plat. They do need to include enough trophies to earn a certain number of points for the game to have a plat though so maybe it's just laziness in not wanting to bother creating lots of different trophies? Anyway, I really hate it! Every game should have a platinum, no exceptions in my opinion!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

As far as I understand it, trophies aren't a standard free thing and the developer/publisher has to pay a cost to Sony depending on the trophy list they include. A full platinum trophy list would cost more to include than a non-platinum list. This list has under 30 trophies and they are all bronze, which seems to be the cheapest most vanilla option for trophy listings. So i'm guessing it was to cut some costs on the developer end.

Wait, really? I figured trophy lists became compulsory at some point during the PS3-era. It's an odd compulsory fee to enforce.

For those who got the game; is it good? How's the performance on PS4 Pro?

Edited by Eraezr

Play the game. Geez, you and this obsession of yours that every game must have a platinum trophy. If i were a developer, i would but intentionally no platinum in my games just to impart a lesson to the trophy hunters.

PS: and before you say "but even you were a trophy hunter". Yes, but i never complained about the absence of the platinum because i buy the games because I'm interested in play them, not because they have a platinum.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This is a completely useless contribution to this thread. You've just used it as a platform to berate a general behaviour that you have a problem with rather than participate productively in the thread itself.

You mentioned Obsessing, but I don't think there is any obsessive behaviour on show here. Just the OP being disappointed that two particular games didn't have a platinum trophy, and.....that's completely okay. I don't think that topic is out of place at all on a literal trophy hunting website.

It's a bit odd that you felt the need to berate trophy hunters in general here and that you even tried to jump the gun by calling out a possible counter argument - "but even you were a trophy hunter" - so you've either moaned about this before in other threads and had people give out to you similarly and wanted to pre-empt that, or you know that your opinion would cause issue up-front and decided to use it regardless.

678 platinums is amazing and props to you for deciding to retire and pursue other things, but it's not a passport to whine or come up with inventive ways to be a dick to existing hunters - "If i were a developer, i would but intentionally no platinum in my games just to impart a lesson to the trophy hunters."

this is not the first time i see a thread in which there's some complaining about the absence of the platinum trophy, and so i decide to speak simply. Participate productively in the thread? By say what, exactly? Why some games have the platinum and others no? That's Sony decision. Some developers even said that in the past.

For the possible counter-argument, no it's just an assurance... and by the way, even if my opinion would cause an issue, i wouldn't give a fuck about that, especially when my opinion is shareable in general (maybe not in this particular context, i admit).

For the passport part, never said that. I say that if i were a developer, no platinum for you, just to impart you an important lesson: game first, THAN the trophies, and not vice-versa. Trophies are a good thing, but they have transformed people in trophy whores and you cannot negate that. People who buy a game just for that +1 platinum, even if that game is the shit for them or it's a shitty game in general. That's awful. Ok, that's not entirely trophy hunters fault, because even some developers (Ratalaika above all) support this, but that's because they know that if they put an insta plat, more people will buy it. A win-win situation that i've talked about a while ago in another thread that is shareable in a way, but not shareable in another.

PS: if i would be a dick to you active hunters, i would put impossible trophies to do, no hit run for the entire game, eternal grinds or "play 1000h" or yet, "reach prestige 10 level 99". But i'm not a dick, so avoid painting me in this way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

For the passport part, never said that. I say that if i were a developer, no platinum for you, just to impart you an important lesson: game first, THAN the trophies, and not vice-versa. Trophies are a good thing, but they have transformed people in trophy whores and you cannot negate that. People who buy a game just for that +1 platinum, even if that game is the shit for them or it's a shitty game in general. That's awful. Ok, that's not entirely trophy hunters fault, because even some developers (Ratalaika above all) support this, but that's because they know that if they put an insta plat, more people will buy it. A win-win situation that i've talked about a while ago in another thread that is shareable in a way, but not shareable in another.

For the possible counter-argument, no it's just an assurance... and by the way, even if my opinion would cause an issue, i wouldn't give a fuck about that, especially when my opinion is shareable in general (maybe not in this particular context, i admit).

You are saying that your opinion is valid and shareable while simultaneously denouncing the initial opinion that it's frustrating this game and another don't have a platinum. Isn't that a bit hypocritical? Trophy hunting and all it's forms are completely subjective - outside of cheating, there is no right or wrong way of doing it. It's your opinion that it's awful. It might not be the same opinion held by someone else. That's how opinions work :( 

34 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

PS: if i would be a dick to you active hunters, i would put impossible trophies to do, no hit run for the entire game, eternal grinds or "play 1000h" or yet, "reach prestige 10 level 99". But i'm not a dick, so avoid painting me in this way.

I'm not painting you as a dick :) you are doing that all on your own mate. Saying that if you had the power to do so - 'you'd teach trophy hunters a lesson' is objectively a dick comment. Making a dick comment, then saying you aren't being a dick, doesn't make it any less of a dick comment.

Anyway, this is a waste of energy now. I wish you well in your future as a retired trophy hunter and denouncer of existing trophy hunters. All the best.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2021 at 4:58 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Source? I am curious about Sony's trophy guidelines.

EDIT: I managed to find some information about it on playstationtrophies.org, but people are writing things without supporting links. Idk what is accurate and what is not.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/304111-does-sony-make-developers-follow-rules-for-trophies/

Edited by poetic_justice_
link added
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:08 AM, Eraezr said:

How's the performance on PS4 Pro?

Looks like I am not the only one who has noticed that there are some games that make the PS4 Pro struggle.  I did a bit of research and found out that the game was developed using the Unity engine - the equivalent of Adobe Flash Player in games when it comes to bloatware and memory management.  I guess this game cannot be played in the dead of the night.  Might give the neighbours the impression that they have a house right next to Heathrow International Airport.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, APCGrayLocked said:

If I were a developer, I would but intentionally no platinum in my games just to impart a lesson to the trophy hunters...

This take is the most far-right ideology I have heard someone say about gaming in a while.  Collective punishment much?  Imagine if someone with this belief was President or Prime Minister of a powerful country, would have already pushed the red button to annihilated a country whose policies they did not like.

Just saying...