This game just deleted ALL my saves!

lettmon

I was on the last mission, can you believe it? I have been gaming for 20+ years and never seen sh*t like this. But I'm not even angry because I saw from the start how buggy it was, I just didn't expect that it would decide to delete ALL my saves and when I was THAT close to completing it. Sony! Remove this unfinished software from PSN!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

But that still relies on having the foresight to think that a game might decide to wipe everything on your system

Zero foresight required. As end-users, we're responsible for all of that. Forwarding the blame to someone else is infantile.

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Zero foresight required. As end-users, we're responsible for all of that. Forwarding the blame to someone else is infantile.

As a gamer i dont think im bound by Murphys law.

I mean he possibly should of backed up his data because Commandos 2 is well known to be a janky crappy port.

But to cast the net over all "end users" for anything like that is a tad much. Or do you mean simply in this instance? 

If a game doesnt work as intended or advertised surely thats not on the user, no?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Controversial opinion, I know, but I believe that blaming a game for randomly deleting all your saves is actually pretty reasonable.

14 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

If a game doesnt work as intended or advertised surely thats not on the user, no?

I agree that it's indeed a shitty situation. At what point are we not responsible for backing up our save files?

• 2 years later...