is the dlc in the velvet goty edition?

melodicmizery

i have the original disc i never got around to going back to it. i see now there is a digital goty edition for $35. the dlc is $30 for pirates and $20 just for the one mp trophy lol. this is a ridiculous price. if you buy the digital velvet is any of this dlc in it??

also how many players do you need to do the multiplayer? is the online servers still up? 

if the ps3 store goes down i cant see spending $50 on dlc 

It looks like the DLC that is necessary for 100% on the trophy list is part of the Velvet GOTY edition for this game. Based on the description on the store it says that it has the "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" and the multiplayer packs. I actually managed to find a retail copy of this version for £3.50 at Cex. In your case, ebay USA has the retail version of it for $15: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Two-Worlds-II-Velvet-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-GER-EN-GER-boxed/203322139681?epid=1622481296&hash=item2f56f1a421%3Ag%3APWgAAOSwMapgXv~B&LH_BIN=1 so don't feed Sony with your money for this one when you can get a cheaper copy from ebay ;).

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

On 3/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, Sergen said:

It looks like the DLC that is necessary for 100% on the trophy list is part of the Velvet GOTY edition for this game. Based on the description on the store it says that it has the "Pirates of the Flying Fortress" and the multiplayer packs. I actually managed to find a retail copy of this version for £3.50 at Cex. In your case, ebay USA has the retail version of it for $15: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Two-Worlds-II-Velvet-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-GER-EN-GER-boxed/203322139681?epid=1622481296&hash=item2f56f1a421%3Ag%3APWgAAOSwMapgXv~B&LH_BIN=1 so don't feed Sony with your money for this one when you can get a cheaper copy from ebay ;).

thats about $15 here so thats not to bad. im trying to make a list of games i can get on disc instead of digital before the store shuts down. 

i might have to buy 2 copies though on disc because i doubt ill find anyone who has it. so in that case it mightbe better to buy digital. or just skip it. ugh

14 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

thats about $15 here so thats not to bad. im trying to make a list of games i can get on disc instead of digital before the store shuts down. 

i might have to buy 2 copies though on disc because i doubt ill find anyone who has it. so in that case it mightbe better to buy digital. or just skip it. ugh

At least on this website is a gaming session with an experienced player who is offering help to others: https://psnprofiles.com/session/190356-two-worlds-ii hopefully it's not shady business and the help is genuine, maybe it's worth checking that out.

19 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

As mentioned below I saw that session thread with the help. I just bought a copy as well but won't be in for a few weeks. I was planning on hitting up that session but if that falls through I would be looking to do it at some point. Feel free to shoot me a friend request if you want.

5 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

As mentioned below I saw that session thread with the help. I just bought a copy as well but won't be in for a few weeks. I was planning on hitting up that session but if that falls through I would be looking to do it at some point. Feel free to shoot me a friend request if you want.

i didnt even notice the session but i'll keep you in mind. im in the middle of packing to sell my house so if you dont have it done yet in the future we can work on it and ill grab a copy off ebay. if your gamertag the same as your display name. im also wondering if it can all be done with 2 people or if it needs more.

15 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i didnt even notice the session but i'll keep you in mind. im in the middle of packing to sell my house so if you dont have it done yet in the future we can work on it and ill grab a copy off ebay. if your gamertag the same as your display name. im also wondering if it can all be done with 2 people or if it needs more.

All of the cooperative trophies, and two of the three competitive trophies (Duelist and Gemologist), can be done with only two people. But one competitive trophy (Ruthless) requires four people to start a match in that game mode.

The co-op can technically be done Solo. The base game is fairly doable, but the DLC is brutal (It's truly meant for 8 ppl working together) . I lost my MP Character that is OP, otherwise I would have offered to help (The guy making the sessions wants you to bow down to him)

I wonder why the DLC is still so expensive on PSN? They are both $5 each on 360 (And that's not on sale)

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2021 at 5:48 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

The co-op can technically be done Solo. The base game is fairly doable, but the DLC is brutal (It's truly meant for 8 ppl working together) . I lost my MP Character that is OP, otherwise I would have offered to help (The guy making the sessions wants you to bow down to him)

I wonder why the DLC is still so expensive on PSN? They are both $5 each on 360 (And that's not on sale)

The coop is overly easy if you got the right build, that is magic build. I did this years ago so my memory isn't really fresh but basically magic does it all, it's super overpowered, a litteral cheesecake.

What you can do is create a spell which summons a whole army for you. All you have to do is to use a ranged card which splits into 4 or 5, and ends up with summoning creatures. You just have to cast twice and here you go you have 8 bots that fight for you. I remember my favorite being the undead soldiers because they're fast, strong and resistant enough to make a good job. You can then go out of your way and create zone buff spells to make them even stronger, faster, heal them etc... It's even better than playing with real players. I remember adding someone who was meant to be high level so he could carry me while we did the DLC trophies, I ended up carrying him instead.

Another thing is you can create spell that highly boosts your speed and make you invisible, you can do this to rush through the levels completely avoiding almost all fights! This allows you to finish some levels in a matter of a couple minutes. The only levels it will be useless are those labyrinth levels full of doors and unskippable fights, I think there were one or two. Well you can still make yourself invisible and let your army fight...

A third one is a super powerful ranged homing spell which combines many effects which basically one or two hit kills enemies. But this one I don't remember the specifics...

The only issue to this is you need tons and tons of cards, the solution is to make money with village mode and make your village prosper, and use a time skipping exploit (just put your PS3 time 2 days forward, go on the game, gather your village earnings etc) or duplication with a 2nd PS3 or a friend... Then you can start the first coop setting, there are merchants with random stuff on sale, get what you need. Once you're done, start over the coop level to reset the merchants.

You may also need a couple level ups too so you will have to play a little bit legit before...

This is also possible in story but it's a little bit more tedious to gather all the gold and cards you may need and really need to know what to buy in the right order but I remember at the time I arrived in the big sand city, I was completely set. The only issue will be with the last boss, because you're separate from him and have to operate some sort of QTE so that was really rough as I wasn't prepared to this at all and would have to revert back to an old save so I just tried and tried until it did it...  

And to answer the thread, yes the velvet edition has all DLC on disk so I would assume digital has them too.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 4