Buggy game launch, needs work.

SlippingJimy

13 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

So many hours down the drain after experiencing this game breaking issue. When I loaded the game from where I left off Abe is frozen and the game won't let me restart the level in the story. So there is no way to continue. I really don't want to start the game again from scratch, I hope a patch can fix this so I can continue.

Have u tried changing difficulty m8 from options on title screen, that resets level progress, but from main menu so may fix it....

Let us know, I hope it does

50 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Have u tried changing difficulty m8 from options on title screen, that resets level progress, but from main menu so may fix it....

Let us know, I hope it does

Yeah I found this out this morning from one of the devs and it worked. For those wondering this glitch isn't as rare as the devs make it out to be. If you quit the level after reaching the 3 trials the game has a very high chance of encountering this glitch, I've been experiencing this alot these past few hours. Thankfully i've now completed the level and hopefully I don't come across this again on the later stages.

10 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

There's a badge in the chapter 7 that I got platinum 3 times on it but when I finished the level I still have the copper one. Anyone having issues like this?

Yep,

All the levels with Moolah spend have this issue.

Even made a clip out of it. You can tell I got 35/35 but it resets afterwards.

- Already send an email to [email protected]

- Spoke to 2 dev's on Oddworld discord and explaining this bug which they replied they will talk to the engineers to have a look at this bug.

Yet it's still not on there patch 1.07 list :/

I just finished it and ran into so many bugs along the way, too. I couldn't go more than five minutes without some sort of glitch. I had to replay two levels as well. But it was mainly the small stuff like mines not going off, Mudokons disappearing, Mudokons not listening to any directions, Sligs not moving, Abe or objects falling through the floor, and more. I was in awe in how many bugs I ran into,

It's very sad to me that Lorne Lanning has spent decades trying to make this game and it gets rushed out like this.

Having just finished it myself it's hard to remember the last game (reimagining or otherwise) that let me down as much as this one did. I enjoyed the story, the cutscenes, the world and the characters - everything but the gameplay.

Much of the game is just such a chore to play and I mostly just saw it through because I love the original Exoddus so much. The first few levels were terribly boring and stuffed full of crafting / item nonsense. Once I reached Necrum, I thought things would start to pick up because it felt like old-school Abe and a lot of the item stuff was just gone for a bit (and they did, for a little while). After spending a bit more time with it and reaching the end, I realised it's just missing everything that made the old Oddworld games so special.

And the bugs. The bugs, man. Abe will teleport 500m into the air after climbing a ledge. Mudokons will disappear into the void and reappear later, don't enter lockers when you want them to and infinitely fall or run when hitting an elevator or random object. Portals despawn permanently. Getting blocked from chanting sometimes just makes the screen really really bright. Sligs will stop patrolling or won't move at all after you die and respawn. I fell off the crane in The Yards all the way down to my doom and before I died I just teleported back onto the platform. I possessed a Slig and I could literally just walk across nothing with him, as well as through walls. Just now, Abe's skin glitched THROUGH his eyeball in the menu.

It's really sad that the game launched this way. I do hope they have some serious patches in the works because Exoddus is a masterpiece and it deserves a worthy reimagining. Right now this is far from it in my opinion.

On 11/04/2021 at 8:09 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Yep,

All the levels with Moolah spend have this issue.

Even made a clip out of it. You can tell I got 35/35 but it resets afterwards.

- Already send an email to [email protected]

- Spoke to 2 dev's on Oddworld discord and explaining this bug which they replied they will talk to the engineers to have a look at this bug.

Yet it's still not on there patch 1.07 list :/

same here bro, I have the spender badge in 3 levels glitched. did them but the counter resets when I beat the level.

Lost half of my progress in the Brewery today because the game crashed and took me back to the start of the level ?

And THEN I tried to go for the Eye of the Storm trophy (and did make it through without using any vendos) but no trophy ? fix your game PLEASE Oddworld Inhibitors!!