Buggy game launch, needs work.

SlippingJimy

I have put in about 6 -7 hours into the game today and have come across quite a few bugs, and two almost game breaking bugs that I some how managed to glitch pass. There is a section where you escape on this moving platform, and have shoot a cannon to take out flying sligs. The cannon has some form of cooldown after taking two shots, but it didn't reload if I missed a shot on Slig. Took me about 25 goes to get passed this section.  There is another monkey bar platforming section before you enter the necrum mines, it is horrible to navigate due to bad grappling  jumping mechanics.

The mudokons following AI is as bad as previous games, maybe worse or magnified due to dealing with new game mechanics.

Overall the game is good though, more challenging than new and tasty.

unfortunately it feels very under done and seems rushed. They did delay the launch and probably should held back on this one. 

Edited by SlipingJimmy

Yeah, I am definitely getting real New 'N' Tasty bug vibes from this one. I've had IED mines just floating in the air when thrown, Sligs not reacting to anything I throw at them then shooting me when I run past, Abe teleporting above platforms that he climbs up to without any animation, and the worst one of all so far - bird portals literally despawning forever (I only got them to return when I possessed a nearby enemy, not even leaving the area reset them).

Assuming there are some patches in the works at the moment, because a lot of stuff feels like it needs refining. I was hoping this was going to be a step up from New 'N' Tasty haha, that game had so much jank.

Yeah all sounds familiar Kristoph lots of minor in game jank. I managed to glitch through the floor tonight, That's giving me fallout 76 flashbacks.

I am starting to feel like some of trophies are bugged also. I have already escaped the Necrum mine with flagons eye but trophy did not pop. I should have a number of misc vendor trophys by now being near endgame. 

• Like 1

Having issues using the chant to possess the Sligs. Half the time you can't end the animation fast enough after knocking out Sligs. It feels like it gets stuck some times. I also really hate the level when the bombs rain down on you while you are trying to tie up the Slings. It's a pain in the ass. This game has some serious bugs. Some checkpoints don't even work.

Edited by psycho_clank314

I've been stuck in a falling animation loop, fell through floors, stuck animations (or something odd) when possessing/chanting Sligs.

Game is fine since we got it free on PS5 (with PS+), but I don't see it playable for another few weeks.

Edited by Spraragen88
  • Like 1

you should get used to this, games nowday shipping unfinished and a buggy mess and We'll Fix It Later nonsense, I swear I started to think that releasing a game half broken was intentional, I mean you can't just get the disc and leave, they wanted to add any fourm of a DRM.. if you wanted the full game then you need to connect to the Internet to add the fixes and the rest of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

you should get used to this, games nowday shipping unfinished and a buggy mess and We'll Fix It Later nonsense, I swear I started to think that releasing a game half broken was intentional, I mean you can't just get the disc and leave, they wanted to add any fourm of a DRM.. if you wanted the full game then you need to connect to the Internet to add the fixes and the rest of the game.

yep, this game is on PS Plus, but normally games get fully fixed once their price drop and i see less and less reasons to go with day 1 purchases anymore, especially having plenty of games in backlog.

Anyway, this game is getting pretty challenging few levels in and no dying will be pain.

Edited by MeltedDreams1

1 hour ago, Zid960 said:

So like ever game from late ps3/x360 day up1f60f.png I mean really. Everyone should get it though there head by now. Wait 6 months to a year. For the game to be out of beta. Cuz that what day1 launchs are.

Yeah understand this, every game has bugs, and launchs unfinished. But it's more a question of how many bugs and how unfinished. Little minor bugs and jank is a.little different than lots of bugs and game breaking issues. 

If your constantly encountered.bugs then it  starts to become unplayable and ruins the experience. Cyperpunk is the poster boy for this, look how releasing a game that defective worked for them, still not back on PS store.

11 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

The only "bug" I found so far is in Necrum mines with the monkey bars. Holy shit grabbing those things is beyond messed up. Currently I can't see myself doing a no death run on this level :/

Yeah that was the issue I had you cant drop directly from the moving platform, I tried a heap of times managed to land one jumping early and hitting a random lower level bar. 

• Like 1

Yeah unfortunately this one is pretty littered with bugs compared to my New n Tasty experience. I've fell through the map in two different levels, I've had many Sligs just not follow their pathing and stay perpetually stuck in one spot (sometimes barring progression without dying, imagine that during a no death run for the trophy ?), one bird portal disappearance, and many instances of mudokons just not listening to directions (hiding in lockers, climbing in general). It's a hell of a pain, but the game is fun at least; much harder than New n Tasty

• Like 4

All in all this game is a blessing from someone who played exoddus a million times since since it released and the years up till now. Some bugs need to be fixed and hopefully Mudokons will react a bit faster sometimes they are just being stupid.

Won't stop till I get the platinum :D

2 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Yeah understand this, every game has bugs, and launchs unfinished. But it's more a question of how many bugs and how unfinished. Little minor bugs and jank is a.little different than lots of bugs and game breaking issues. 

If your constantly encountered.bugs then it  starts to become unplayable and ruins the experience. 

Oh man guess i need to break out the back in my day bit? cuz games shouldn't have ANY BUGS. Like they used to. It was rare to find a bug before the late ps3/360 day. Now you expect them. Think about that. YOU EXPECT BUGS. Especially form AAA titles.? They dont test jack.

The only one that does thing right is Nintendo.

That why we have the term Nintendo polish. Cuz they make sure it WORKS. That why i dont know why anyone buys Day 1 games. Your paying to be the beta testers. So they can fix it later.

So like i sayed wait 6 months to a year... Most if not all bug gone. Dlc is out of not included in there Unlimited pack ver. And it cost half or less. Guides are maded by then. Really there is no downside to waiting. And for most of us have at least a game or more on the backlog. 

30 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Bugs in games have always existed and testing never caught everything, the only difference is that back then everyone tended to just accept the bugs since you couldn't patch a console game whereas now any bug that is found can be patched out.

Well said. Also not a fair comparison considering games today are way bigger and more complex in almost every single aspect. I play a shit ton of new games on or near release and its not often that I run into ones that are actually "a buggy mess". 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

Haven’t experienced anything too bad so far but by reading the responses I know the bugs will be coming. 

I beat the first 2 levels of the game so far and am enjoying it tho! By the way, does anyone know how to “apprehend 50 sligs” in level 2??? I bound every one I came across but only got 22...

Edited by NashtyMouse

Man this game is so much fun i really hope they get a patch out soon cause i wanna play more lots of bugs so far the lockers were so RNG if they get in or not, only fix is to get out and back in but.. Will get to enjoy ps5 patch for zombie army 4 though while i wait! :D

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

By the way, does anyone know how to “apprehend 50 sligs” in level 2??? I bound every one I came across but only got 22...

I got 38 missing only the first four (since chanting doesn't work there and you don't have the mines yet) and the last Sligs that appear when you're saving everyone. I imagine you'd need to apprehend almost all of them, though I can't imagine you'd be able to do that whilst still saving everyone unless you have superhuman reflexes and perfectly plan it.