Buggy game launch, needs work.

SlippingJimy

Wow. For anyone going for the badges, good luck with the third level, one of the single most frustrating levels in my 25 years of gaming. 

im a huge oddworld fan but among the crazy bugs, and some level designs like this.... it’s pretty rough around the edges. I know developers don’t owe us anything but it’s shocking to see this final product from a smaller game that was announced 5 years ago..

I may have to shelve this one until it gets fixed up sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Oh man this game is annoying to the max. Mukodons falling through floors, not listening to commands, input drops, bugged out checkpoints, platforming not working as intended. Frustrating. I'm not even gonna bother with the platinum. Clearly this game needed more time in the oven and needed more playtesting. Lost an hour's worth of progress in a level because the rotating saw wouldn't move even after pressing the button. Basically can't progress even with checkpoint reset. Got to redo the whole fricking level.....

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Nick_Scryer said:

Did the new patch fix any of these bugs?

First patch doesn’t look like much. From their website:

“Oddworld: Soulstorm 1.05 Patch Notes:

• News Soundbite VO in Train Hijack level changed
  • Ranking in PS5 leaderboards is now correct
  • Fixes for several cases of Abe becoming softlocked in rare circumstances
  • Fix on PC for Keyboard and Controller remapping when language is set to Russian and Japanese

Our next patch will be 1.06, coming for all platforms in just a few days. Among other things, this will include fixes for some rude Sligs that are, in rare cases, ignoring Abe and some strange behavior when Abe is turning off the timed toggle mines in a few areas.”

17 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Oh man guess i need to break out the back in my day bit1f606.png cuz games shouldn't have ANY BUGS. Like they used to. It was rare to find a bug before the late ps3/360 day. Now you expect them. Think about that. YOU EXPECT BUGS. Especially form AAA titles.1f60f.png They dont test jack.

The only one that does thing right is Nintendo.

That why we have the term Nintendo polish. Cuz they make sure it WORKS. That why i dont know why anyone buys Day 1 games. Your paying to be the beta testers. So they can fix it later.

So like i sayed wait 6 months to a year... Most if not all bug gone. Dlc is out of not included in there Unlimited pack ver. And it cost half or less. Guides are maded by then. Really there is no downside to waiting. And for most of us have at least a game or more on the backlog. 

JOYCON DRIFT

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zid960 said:

Id say that just a Nintendo thing. But ps5 pad and MS are haven the same problem. Think it more a Manufacturing issue as they all use the same cheap a$$ part

tbh I only noticed any drift on ps4/ps5 controllers during this lockdown, and in most cases a restart of the console solves it entirely.

if touching the analogue stick makes your character spin when your not touching it, see ifit spins faster and faster for no reason, i've had it where pushing forward on left analogue stick in control, made my character turn to the right. basically i think it's either a network problem or something, it only started when drastic changes were happening to psn and they moved shit to the US.

i don't honestly believe there is anything wrong with the controllers, no inherent flaw. it's something else.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

I also ran into a bug in the level where you learn to craft smoke bombs. I basically got locked into a room where no doors would open. Don't go back into the facility once you've unlocked another stage for the outside elevator that moves horizontally. I had to replay the entire stage.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i don't honestly believe there is anything wrong with the controllers, no inherent flaw. it's something else.

My controller also suddenly started drifting after just a few weeks of use. That is really weak for a 70 euro product, so Sony has to improve it. I wiggled and pulled the right joystick a little, and now it's okay again.

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

tbh I only noticed any drift on ps4/ps5 controllers during this lockdown, and in most cases a restart of the console solves it entirely.

if touching the analogue stick makes your character spin when your not touching it, see ifit spins faster and faster for no reason, i've had it where pushing forward on left analogue stick in control, made my character turn to the right. basically i think it's either a network problem or something, it only started when drastic changes were happening to psn and they moved shit to the US.

There is no doubt this issue exists on PS4/PS5 controllers. For one of my PS4 controllers, it happened after almost two years - character walking forward in multiple games without me touching the controller at all (right analog stick). For the PS5 controller, it happened after under two weeks. I needed to constantly center the camera which was drifting up to the point Demon's Souls became unplayable (left analog stick). Not related to network or any other thing.

Both controllers were immediately exchanged by Sony since they are aware this can happen. I literally had "analog stick drifting" written in the service list I got with my replacement. No issue since then.

On 06/04/2021 at 10:20 AM, HuntingFever said:

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, because the previous PS3/PS4 and Vita Oddworld games were a broken mess at launch and required several patches to make them at least passable.

Munch had a few clipping and graphical issues and a trophy glitch that were patched, whilst Stranger and New N Tasty had no glitches that I was aware of and I've played both to death from launch. It's a dramatic overreaction to say that all the games were a broken mess at launch, especially when you don't appear to have played any of them.

Edited by Asher1985

1 hour ago, Asher1985 said:

Munch had a few clipping and graphical issues and a trophy glitch that were patched, whilst Stranger and New N Tasty had no glitches that I was aware of and I've played both to death from launch. It's a dramatic overreaction to say that all the games were a broken mess at launch, especially when you don't appear to have played any of them.

You're right about me not playing the last gen versions (I played the PS1 and Xbox originals back in the day) but I know people who did and the feedback wasn't good, in fact it was lousy for the most part.

I had saved every Mudokon on the train which took 2 hours, then entered a secret room right beneath the level exit switch. It checkpoints me in that room then removed the exit path so I was stuck. Only option to restart level and lose all that progress. Massive disappointment. 

11 minutes ago, a_cat_beat_you said:

I had saved every Mudokon on the train which took 2 hours, then entered a secret room right beneath the level exit switch. It checkpoints me in that room then removed the exit path so I was stuck. Only option to restart level and lose all that progress. Massive disappointment. 

Nasty bug that m8, u can get outta there as I have but to get bugged in there, very annoying. 

And what about the Royap Jelly under the train just before...... XD, how can so many of the physics be so messed up 

3 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Some of the bugs i've encountered.

• Sligs walking in the air.
  • Mudokons freeze before hiding in lockers.
  • Sligs randomly freeze and won't scout the area.
  • Screen randomly flashing.
  • Saving checkpoint on a loop.

if I made a list of the bugs I had often, then I would sit here for 2 days xD

This has gone from a few bugs bothering me during gameplay to an outright disaster. 

I just battled the boss on the train level and defeated it, and the boss split into two and one of them died while the other kept shooting at me. It literally even crossed out the objective so the boss was still firing at me while another version of it was dead.

How did this game launch in such a sorry state? This is such a letdown. It's really sad to see Oddworld go in this direction.

20 minutes ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Version 1.060.000 just dropped for ps

These are the notes http://www.oddworld.com/2021/04/oddworld-soulstorm-1-06-patch-available-now/

Think the game will be much better given a few weeks, they are very active with these fixes, seems they were ready for these bugs xD

Any bugs, actually please report on that link above guys, seems to be where the support is for the gameand constantly monitored

How are u getting on with the keys m8...???

You need some keys for locker trophies dont u, and im betting some of those locked lockers could give some crucial items making levela easier

Edited by Optinooby

20 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

These are the notes http://www.oddworld.com/2021/04/oddworld-soulstorm-1-06-patch-available-now/

Think the game will be much better given a few weeks, they are very active with these fixes, seems they were ready for these bugs xD

Any bugs, actually please report on that link above guys, seems to be where the support is for the gameand constantly monitored

How are u getting on with the keys m8...???

You need some keys for locker trophies dont u, and im betting some of those locked lockers could give some crucial items making levela easier

The key thread is up to date. im searching the golden triangle in level 16 and 17, will update the thread when i found it.

So many hours down the drain after experiencing this game breaking issue. When I loaded the game from where I left off Abe is frozen and the game won't let me restart the level in the story. So there is no way to continue. I really don't want to start the game again from scratch, I hope a patch can fix this so I can continue.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

So many hours down the drain after experiencing this game breaking issue. When I loaded the game from where I left off Abe is frozen and the game won't let me restart the level in the story. So there is no way to continue. I really don't want to start the game again from scratch, I hope a patch can fix this so I can continue.

Jezuz thats fucking shity man. But thats why im always load a safe in the cloud after i played 2-3 hours :3 seems like you must restart the campagne...