Spread The Word: We Need PS4 Trophy Petitions!

Gone Fishing

Why would you need to be connected to track rarity?  PSNprofiles tracks rarity and it's not even related to Sony.  The PSN website keeps tracks of people's profiles, and Sony could use that to track rarity stats.  I still so no reason why they would do this (or proof that is happening in the first place...)

Can ANYONE ELSE confirm that they can't see trophies online?  Mine are still working fine.  If I could just get connected I could test the PS ID thing, but I'm still dubious.

Bad news everyone.  I just got word from a friend that Fragtaster is right!  You cannot view your trophies while offline.  I still can't connect myself, but he's a trustworthy source (for me).

Ugh, what crap.  I know people think trophies don't matter, but they are an integral part of gaming for me now.  I'm not a fanboy or anything either, so the only thing that keeps me from buying an Xbox is the trophy system.  If I can't use it, then there really isn't any reason for me to switch consoles.  I honestly don't think I will, but I certainly don't have as much interested in the PS4 right now.  I'd rather return it and buy PS3 games, really. =/

• Like 1

Haha, no offense, of course!  My trophies were working fine so it was hard to believe. :P

It's so weird that the feature works fine until you connect and then it's literally disabled after that.  I wonder if it was intentional or if its a glitch.  I was not expected to be able to view PS3/Vita trophies, I figured it would just display PS4 trophies and then you could view your overall profiles on their website.  I would be TOTALLY OKAY if it only shows PS4 trophies online, and then connected allowed you to access PS3/Vita trophies.  I mean, that's more than I expected anyway.  But to now allow us to view any trophies while offline is just ridiculous.

I still can't connect on my dialup connection, but I stopped trying last night because I don't want my trophies disables.  I'm just going to hope that they fix it, and that when I do finally connect (if I can) that they'll be added to my PSN account properly.

Does Playstation have an email?  I checked their website but they only have live chat and a phone number listed, and the live chat is currently offline, of course.

You say that like it's acceptable...

Patience is a virtue. There's no magic wand they can wave over a PS4 to fix all your problems. I understand your problems and fustrations, however, I ust don't think a petition is the right way to go. Many people still don't own a PS4, so a petition lacking people who have the system and are upset isn't very eye-opening. If you are truly upset about this then contact them with the info below. If they get crowded with complaints, they'll fix the problem in the near future.

FYI: I say it like it's acceptable, because I can accept this since I don't currently have a PS4. If I had a PS4 and wasn't happy with my purchase I would call them or spam them on PSBlog (which works to an extent because you can start an entourage, but isn't as effective as calling them)

www. us.playstation.com/support is a good place to contact them.

SCEA Customer Services number is: 1-800-345-7669

• Like 1

Patience is a virtue. There's no magic wand they can wave over a PS4 to fix all your problems. I understand your problems and fustrations, however, I ust don't think a petition is the right way to go. Many people still don't own a PS4, so a petition lacking people who have the system and are upset isn't very eye-opening. If you are truly upset about this then contact them with the info below. If they get crowded with complaints, they'll fix the problem in the near future.

FYI: I say it like it's acceptable, because I can accept this since I don't currently have a PS4. If I had a PS4 and wasn't happy with my purchase I would call them or spam them on PSBlog (which works to an extent because you can start an entourage, but isn't as effective as calling them)

I agree, patience is a virtue and is why I'm waiting but that bit of wisdom has nothing to do with nor excuse Sony from charging people $400 for something incomplete. For that asking price, I do expect (and so should anyone else that values their money) something with little to no issues and that lays the foundation that future models would build from...not just include all the patches or aim to correct all of the prior's failures. I don't know about a petition but I think people should voice their frustrations publically so that they are heard. Its the only way Sony is going to understand how major of an issue these things are to its consumer base and the more visible/audible it is, the more it can affect their sales.

So, you're saying more people should ignore what current owners are saying, go out and waste their $400, and find out that its actually true then complain?

You say it like its acceptable because you don't own a PS4...but you plan to buy one eventually, right? So regardless, paying any price for one, at any time and getting something broken instead is acceptable when?

• Like 1

I agree, patience is a virtue and is why I'm waiting but that bit of wisdom has nothing to do with nor excuse Sony from charging people $400 for something incomplete. For that asking price, I do expect (and so should anyone else that values their money) something with little to no issues and that lays the foundation that future models would build from...not just include all the patches or aim to correct all of the prior's failures. I don't know about a petition but I think people should voice their frustrations publically so that they are heard. Its the only way Sony is going to understand how major of an issue these things are to its consumer base and the more visible/audible it is, the more it can affect their sales.

So, you're saying more people should ignore what current owners are saying, go out and waste their $400, and find out that its actually true then complain?

You are totally missing my point.

Where in the hell did I say the word "ignore"? I never told anyone to ignore this problem. When did I tell people to not complain? In my first post I said don't overreact by making a petition so soon. I never said stop caring. All I'm saying is complain to PS Support; they can fix your problems, not us. I'm glad Fragster brought this issue under light to warn anyone about the problem. I promise you if enough people complain about this issue to Sony, it will be patched. There is no need to argue over this; we are all friends here. We are arguing about whether it's right to complain about something...doesn't that seem a little stupid? You have the right to say whatever you want, and your opinions matter. My point here, and this is the ONLY point I've been trying to make since the inception of this thread, is that complaining on this site will not help your cause to get this problem fixed. CONTACT SONY

• Like 1

You are totally missing my point.

Where in the hell did I say the word "ignore"? I never told anyone to ignore this problem. When did I tell people to not complain? In my first post I said don't overreact by making a petition so soon. I never said stop caring. All I'm saying is complain to PS Support; they can fix your problems, not us. I'm glad Fragster brought this issue under light to warn anyone about the problem. I promise you if enough people complain about this issue to Sony, it will be patched. There is no need to argue over this; we are all friends here. We are arguing about whether it's right to complain about something...doesn't that seem a little stupid? You have the right to say whatever you want, and your opinions matter. My point here, and this is the ONLY point I've been trying to make since the inception of this thread, is that complaining on this site will not help your cause to get this problem fixed. CONTACT SONY

To state that anyone is "overracting" by using any form of public communication to complain about recieving a $400 paper weight is...well not really leaving much room for any other viable way of getting their message across. People can complain to PS support all they want but its not until everyone else hears and is warned about the issue as well is when it becomes a potential threat that Sony will react to. Again, the only reason we are even talking about this right now is because people took to the internet and voiced what was going on...not just called Sony, complained, and sat on their hands until when/if ever Sony address the actual issue (minus simply exchanging the faulty tech with a new potentially functional model).

I didn't consider this an arguement, more like a friendly debate.

It's a very strange claim, but I assure you I can see my trophy list just fine.

I am still very unhappy by how online-oriented the console is.  I have a dial-up internet connection and it's terrible, but thankfully the PS3 is simple enough so that I can sign online with an ethernet cable and sync my trophies.  I would be seriously angry if trophies were disabled completely.  Fortunately, I'm earning trophies and I can see my list.  I just can't sign into PSN and sync them.

It could be as simple as your internet is too slow. Just curious why do you have dial up?

It could be as simple as your internet is too slow. Just curious why do you have dial up?

What is Dial Up? 

Just joking Dial Up, wow Blast from the past, do i remember those days 1 week just to download a movie whilst PC is on 24/7 then you go play the movie and the quality is up to Sh salt. 

I don't think Sony would make a stupid move like that with the trophies.

Edited by ElaborateEnd

It is possible that is the only internet service in the area. My parents have DSL, the fastest service the can get in their neighborhood, and the download speeds are less than 1.5 mb/s. They pay over $80 a month for that awful service too, but it is pretty much their only option. Some people just live in areas where high speed internet isn't available. 

A little off-topic but I currently have 10 mb/s internet service along with cable package and I think I've decided to upgrade my internet. Looking online I can get 50 mb/s internet for right at $60 a month which is less than I pay for my package so I believe I'll be getting rid of cable (never watch it anyway) and get much better internet. I'm pretty excited.

Parker

Dialup is the only affordable thing in my area.  I live in the 'wilderness' of Ohio, which is bad enough, but it's made worse that I live in a huge valley, so even some satellite options aren't available here.  The only confirmed satellite option costs close to 10 times more than my dialup, which is not possible with my budget. 

My internet speed is actually about 2.4kb per second. No, I'm not kidding.  Fortunately, I could still sync my trophies at that speed on the PS3.  In fact, it only took me few seconds to log in and I don't think it ever took more than 20-30 seconds to run through the sync operation.  I'm hoping the same is true for the PS4.  However, since I've learned that the trophies are disabled after connecting, I'm leaving my PS4 offline until it's fixed.  Until then, I have no way of knowing whether I'll be able to connect at all.

There is NO excuse, in 2013 for not having a reliable internet connection.

Sony is not responsible for ensuring that its system meets the unreasonable demands of people so out of touch that they can't bring themselves to invest in technology so ubiquitous at this point.

This is not the mid nineties. You have had 20 years to catch up to the current pace of technology. At this point the only reason to have your console offline is ffor hacking purposes, and Sony has no responsibility to you if you engage in these practices.

Apologies if this seems harsh, but complaining about a technology company not catering to people who who still haven't caught up to 20 year old, completely market-saturated tech is plain ridiculous.

Not everyone has reliable internet, and it's not their fault.  What about soldiers serving overseas?  Are you saying they should have parts of their console disabled because they are serving their country in a place that doesn't have reliable internet service?

I'm not asking for much, man, I don't want to be catered to, I just want to see my trophies offline.

• Like 1

Not everyone has reliable internet, and it's not their fault.  What about soldiers serving overseas?  Are you saying they should have parts of their console disabled because they are serving their country in a place that doesn't have reliable internet service?

I'm not asking for much, man, I don't want to be catered to, I just want to see my trophies offline.

Show me a soldier serving overseas who is complaining about this and I'd be willing to have the debate, but I doubt such a person exists. Using a fictitious person to illustrate your point is not appropriate.

I frequently work on oil platforms offshore, and the guys who play consoles on there dont care one bit about trophies, as its not thier account, its a communal console, and I suspect soldiers have a similar setup (and outlook).

Due respect, but you ARE asking to be catered to, you want the system changed to suit your minority needs. You already stated that you COULD get reliable internet, you jist dont want to pay for it.

Thats fine. Its your money.

HOWEVER

asking that Sony change thier console just to cater for that specific circumstance is not reasonable.