(DOA5) Issues with multiplayer mode.

HaserPL

I'm trying to boost online trophies in this game, made some progress so far but for the love of god I can't play a single game of Simple Match...No matter what I try and with whom, the game just won't pair me up with anyone, whether they are my friends from different regions or multiple accounts from my 2nd console. Same with 50 Throwdowns trophy, my 6th alt account finally worked and I managed to get around 30 of them in a single evening, but then it just stopped working completely, and I haven't been able to get a single one ever since. Ranked matchmaking worjks fine though, i can pair with my alts in 10/15 seconds, but every other mode is just unavailable for me to play. Anyone had this problem as well?

• Like 1

I had a hard time pairing up with alts who weren't on the same region as my main account.

Also network connectivity does a lot for the throwdowns. I couldn't accept the invite fast enough, it always timed out. Once i got two acounts in the same region + both my PS3s hooked up to ethernet it works everytime.

21 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I had a hard time pairing up with alts who weren't on the same region as my main account.

I actually did these two trophies today, guess I got lucky. It's funny coz today it worked using the same setup I used for the past couple of days. 

I've been searching simple match for an hour but it couldn't pairing me up with anyone , throwdown challange works fine though , honestly I'm thinking to leave it overnight just to find one simple match 

Edited by Bullet_KwT
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers for this game have never been very good and the Throwdown feature in particular has a lot of issues :(.

God the throwdown feature is such a gigantic broken piece of trash. When I was doing the multiplayer, my friend could accept my throwdown requests, but I couldn't accept his

• Like 3

I just did Ultimate and both Last Round stacks earlier this month. The Throwdown settings using your Online/Ranked match settings wasn't clear at all, took me a while to find a post saying to go to Ranked search and switch it to Any/Any and let the search start before backing out and going back to Throwdown mode to actually find people. After doing that the 10 matches were nice and quick, with self-boosting usually matching within a minute or two each time.

The other thing I ran into was with lobbies--I couldn't create a lobby from one machine and find it with the other, but the other machine could create a lobby and the initial one find it. Very strange. 

Yes, I've had several issues with my previous internet provider that was slow as all hell. When I switched it seemed that my online speed/letency in any fighting game (including this one) was severely improved. Could be your issue but it can also be something else.

If you are playing the original PS3 / Vita versions of DOA5, yes, its server is infamous and requires you to have some really “good” internet connection. I cannot give an exact definition for “good”, maybe some ISPs are bad, or maybe they are just not compatible with DOA5 server.

I had some issues with online trophies, too. Sometimes it’s Simple Match that does not work, so I play Ranked Match or Invitation for that period of time. And sometimes it’s Ranked Match or Invitation that does not work… So maybe you want to try at a different time of a day and see if Simple Match works. It took me several days to done the online trophies due to some modes do not work sometimes, but eventually I got them all about two weeks ago.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

On 4/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, SnowxSakura said:

God the throwdown feature is such a gigantic broken piece of trash. When I was doing the multiplayer, my friend could accept my throwdown requests, but I couldn't accept his

Yeah I remember that. Such an awful boost.