Zaeed loyalty needed for later trophy?

Zaeed is one of the worst human beings in the world.

His loyalty mission requires me to sacrifice the NPCs to get at his goal which I refused. Is he one of the requirements for the “everyone survives” trophy at the end of game? He wasn’t originally part of the ME2 crew as he was added as a DLC character.

go for saving the civilians. Then Zaeed Massani´s loyalty mission will fail. He won´t get his revenge over his old buddy Vido and he will be pissed, but in the following scene, Zaeed ejects a heat sink from his gun, and turns on Shepard saying that Shepard cost him 20 years of his life. However, the overheated heat sink ignites some fuel which then explodes, collapsing a metal beam that pins Zaeed beneath it. Choose your responses to the next dialogue options.

Eventually you arrive at a dialogue option with a Charm option. If you cannot use the persuade option then you save Zaeed but do not gain his loyalty.

If you use the persuasion option then Shepard will put a pistol to Zaeed’s head (only to turn the grip toward him), reminding him that the mission always comes first and scolding him for letting his grudge with Vido get the better of him. Zaeed will get the point and agree to put Vido behind him until the mission is over.

So if you have high enough Paragon score at this mission, then you can gain Zaeed´s loyalty even though he didn´t get his revenge. Otherwise the only other option is to refrain from saving the workers at the plant, and allow Zaeed to catch up with and kill Vido.

Edited by MoneyShotxox

10 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

Zaeed is one of the worst human beings in the world.

His loyalty mission requires me to sacrifice the NPCs to get at his goal which I refused. Is he one of the requirements for the “everyone survives” trophy at the end of game? He wasn’t originally part of the ME2 crew as he was added as a DLC character.

The post above described the spoiler-y part in detail so refer to that if you want to have him and have him be loyal. (really it's only a couple of renegade points if you sacrifice the refinery workers nothing that will affect even your full-paragon run)

In short yes he is needed for everyone survive (spoiler description below).

Spoiler

There is a chance he will die at the Collector base if he is not loyal. Either when closing the door after the swarm sequence, while guarding your back, I think there's even a chance he could die in the rubble after the fall when defeating the human reaper. Just take the few renegade points or save his loyalty mission for late game prior to Reaper IFF with enough paragon points you'll be able to have him remain loyal even if you save the workers and have Vido escape.

There is a helmet on Tuchunkca called the Death Mask which apparently boosts your paragon/renegade points by 10% in conversations. And then of course every class should have a talent tree which can boost your morality points among other things as well. On Vanguard it's called Assault Mastery, on Infiltrator it's called Operative, etc. If you have a save before the loyalty mission you could try wearing the death mask and re-speccing to get that point bonus out of your skill tree?

If you sacrifice the workers or not makes zero difference for the plot, you only get 15 renegade points.

Just do Zaeed's loyalty mission before the IFF mission and should have enough paragon points for the rescue workers path.

This is now my 5. run through ME2 (all platforms combined) and i did not just sacrifice the workers for the first time. I even told Kazumi to destroy the greybox, because her dead fiance wanted it that way. 

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

In all my Paragon playthroughs I've always done his loyalty last to ensure I had enough points to gain his loyalty.

The paragon/renegade chances in this release have been relaxed now. So no need to worry about having enough to pass it anymore :)