Legendary Gardener Question

So I'm working on this trophy for a while now. I follow the Youtube guide from Gaming With Abyss and I got enough peach and pink seeds to try to get the white flower. I made a save where I planted all my seeds in the right order and saved it on a different file that I can always reload when I turn the timezone to see if any white flowers are growing. If not, I reload the previous save and repeat the process so I don't have to run out of seeds. I've done this at least 20x now and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong. 

The RNG in this game is ridiculous, but it can't possibly be this bad so I'm asking if the chance of me getting the white flower changes or it stays the same when I go back to my first save to plant the seeds and save it into the second one? Basically, I'm repeating the same process like I described above and I wonder if the RNG changes or remains the same everytime I made a new save from the old one. 

• Like 1

The flower that grows is determined as soon as you plant the seed. If save 1 starts from an empty field then you plant, make save 2, change timezone, and reload save 2 should work eventually. That's how I did it and it worked in about 3 tries. Some people also say save 1 should start from a wilted field of pink and peach flowers. You need to harvest and replant each seed before moving onto the next patch. Not sure how accurate it is but allegedly 3 flowers planted in the empty field wouldn't have the chance to cross-pollinate. You'll also never run out of seeds if you always let the flowers wilt instead of harvesting as soon as they bloom.

It's just RNG but yeah like mentioned above, the flower is determined once you plant them in the ground so it's really just down to whenever the game feels like being generous. I did the method you mentioned by saving in two different slots but I made sure to have Speed Fertilizer in all the spots before planting just to save time from having to plant the fertilizer in all the spots again. With the Speed Fertilizer you can check and see if you have the White Moonflower after about five or so hours compared to the initial 24 hours which means less waiting. I managed to get it after I think four attempts doing it this way.

Like I said, I've done this almost 20x by now and it feels like the game's RNG just hates me. I'm at the very point of getting so frustrated with this trophy, wondering if I even get it so I'm asking for any advice at this point. It makes me wonder why they didn't tweak the RNG so it's not this bad. 

If I read this correctly it seem you are not replanting the pink seeds. You need to replant because once planted it won't change the outcome of the seeds even if you reload your save

This is what i did:

Step 1: Plant all Peach seeds

Step 2: Save your game (you can back up if you want, to the cloud or other save slot)

Step 3: Plant all Pink Seeds

Step 4: Change Time zone, don't need to close the game, leave village, come back and check on flowers

Step 5: If there is a White flower, harvest. If not reload save and repeat from step 3

This took me 2 tries to get a white flower and remember to set your timezone back before loading your save 

Edited by Mr_Marty84
editted the step to repeat from
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

If I read this correctly it seem you are not replanting the pink seeds. You need to replant because once planted it won't change the outcome of the seeds even if you reload your save

This is what i did:

Step 2: Save your game (you can back up if you want, to the cloud or other save slot)

Step 4: Change Time zone, don't need to close the game, leave village, come back and check on flowers

Step 5: If there is a White flower, harvest. If not reload save and repeat from step 3

This took me 2 tries to get a white flower and remeber to set your timezone back before loading your save 

So what I'm doing is that I have a save on slot 1 where my garden is empty. I plant it how the Youtube guide says "PEACH, PINK, PEACH, PINK, PEACH" every row.

I saved that on save slot 2 and change the timezone to see if I get the white flower. When I don't see it, I reload the Save slot 1 and start planting again to save on slot 2.

So I'm not replanting at all, I'm going from to that save with empty garden that I plant and save on slot 2. Still got nothing after 20 attempts.  

On 5/24/2021 at 3:52 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

OMG! Thanks a lot. I did what you described and I got it on my second attempt.

Congrats, i was going crazy too after several tries but then read about harvesting and replanting one by one. Got it immediately.

Edited by Wildcat0728

So slightly off topic, but is there a reason I wouldnt get seeds from wilted flowers? I'm literally on step one, trying to get peach seeds. Managed to get 3 peach flowers in the first run, let them wilt, but when I selected them it was do nothing or discard only. Left them for several more days checking each day and no change? Did I just get a glitch or have I messed up? Thanks

10 hours ago, Smiddy23 said:

So slightly off topic, but is there a reason I wouldnt get seeds from wilted flowers? I'm literally on step one, trying to get peach seeds. Managed to get 3 peach flowers in the first run, let them wilt, but when I selected them it was do nothing or discard only. Left them for several more days checking each day and no change? Did I just get a glitch or have I messed up? Thanks

Flower petals have to be on the ground to be able to harvest seeds. If that is what you see then strange. I would check inventory, you should be able to pick them up as seeds unless you already have the max amount, which is not likely since the max amount is 99.

On 28.5.2021 at 8:31 AM, Smiddy23 said:

No glitch/bug, but dont wait to long to harvest them or the seeds are gone. As far as I know the time frames are as follows:

plant  seeds -> 24 hours -> grown flower can be harvested -> 24 hours -> flower wilted, seeds can be harvested -> 24 hours -> wilted flowers still lay on the ground but they can only be discarded, seeds are rotten and lost, not possible to harvest them anymore

Edited by Tobens
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/5/2021 at 8:06 AM, Mr_Marty84 said:

This is what i did:

This took me 2 tries to get a white flower and remember to set your timezone back before loading your save 

This method is the best! Thanks a lot