Biomutant - glitched trophies thread

Bykovsky7

5 hours ago, blackf1re- said:

The guys over on trueachievements.com found a workaround for the "old world gadgets" trophy, you might even be close to unlocking it, if you use wung fu regularly. Check the comments of the guide:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a328872/old-world-gadgets-achievement

Sorry, what is this workaround you talk about? the guide only reports ALL old world gadgets like i previously said....

I just have the Guppo trophy left and then I will restart the game on 1.00 for Old World Gadgets + Tribe/outposts trophies, since they glitched for me on 2.01. Sadly I'm unable to complete main story since I can't unite the tribes :/

Is there a nice guide for rushing 15 gadgets somewhere?

Edited by Erkawest

4 hours ago, rolbag88 said:

Hi! I need a little help with the Quack trophy. The Gumducks didn't respawn me in the area. Do I miss something maybe a side quest or it's simple a glitch at me ? I play with 1.00 version.

Did you do the first side quest to collect them? After that they should respawn frequently. Try fast travelling somewhere far across the map and back and revisit

7 hours ago, blackf1re- said:

The guys over on trueachievements.com found a workaround for the "old world gadgets" trophy, you might even be close to unlocking it, if you use wung fu regularly. Check the comments of the guide:

can confirm that the method works.

basically you need to charge and use Super Wung FU (R1+L1) but the method is grindy, in my case 100+ times was needed before trophy popped.

i got tired of waiting for patch stumbled upon the method and decided to give it a go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rolbag88 said:

Hi! I need a little help with the Quack trophy. The Gumducks didn't respawn me in the area. Do I miss something maybe a side quest or it's simple a glitch at me ? I play with 1.00 version.

They only respawn every 30m to 1hr and I think you have to be actually doing something in-game to pass time so combine it with collecting something else or doing side quests.

7 hours ago, blackf1re- said:

I can't see any workaround here, there are no comments either.

Can you copy/paste it here into the thread?

Edited by Anke

13 minutes ago, Alucard_Lviv said:

can confirm that the method works.

basically you need to charge and use Super Wung FU (R1+L1) but the method is grindy, in my case 100+ times was needed before trophy popped.

i got tired of waiting for patch stumbled upon the method and decided to give it a go.

Just use r1 + l1 100+ times? Only this?

22 minutes ago, Alucard_Lviv said:

You need to charge it. But yeah its basically it.

Its actually not that long.

Glittermoth farming felt longer.

This makes no sense as the link doesnt show/explain anything.

What is the WungFu fully charged doing for you and how does this make the gadgets trophy pop or is in any way linked?

5 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

This makes no sense as the link doesnt show/explain anything.

What is the WungFu fully charged doing for you and how does this make the gadgets trophy pop or is in any way linked?

It does open comments. You have to press the 0 comments button (blue).

But I'll explain how i see it.

I guess On Xbox( I don't own it so i am speculating) achievements have progress bar and someone noticed that if you use Super Wung Fu the progress changes a little. It does make little to no sense, but either wait for a patch or use the method. As long as it works.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trixter123 said:

played at newest patch found bear and got the trophy before going to 2nd boss its easy and not bugged

This is random then for players.

Without repeating myself over I have tried this on a brand new game after deleting the game and my old saves and starting over. He appears all the time, but vanishes as soon as I approach him. 

Taken from the comments section on TrueAchievements:

"Keep doing the super wu attacks from the other achievement. Every 3-4 time you will get 1%. Takes a while, but I did it."

"I can confirm activating Super Wung-Fu is progressing the achievement. It goes up 1% every three uses. For best results, use a low-level weapon in the desert biome, and don't hit anyone when it's active. Activating it is all that's required, so you can easily get 3-5% per fight depending on how many enemies there are."

"I can also confirm that using super wung fu progresses this achievement, was at 69% and after spamming wung fu in 1 fight I'm up to 75%, equip lowest attack rating automatic rifle and buy both wung fu combos for automatic rifles, set the difficulty to hard and you could probably get this done in 1 fight"

"I can confirm using wung fu about 200-300 times unlocks this achievement. As Big Johnny D said, set the difficulty to hard and use a really weak automatic rifle and it should take about 1 or 2 hours.
The next patch is supposed to fix this achievement, so if you really want to get the achievement, do it now, in case it breaks again."

3 hours ago, Anke said:

They only respawn every 30m to 1hr and I think you have to be actually doing something in-game to pass time so combine it with collecting something else or doing side quests.

I can't see any workaround here, there are no comments either.

Can you copy/paste it here into the thread?

Sorry, I guess you have to be logged in, to see the comments properly. I'm glad others have already copy/pasted it into this thread.

Can confirm that the super wangfu trick works to unlock the old world gadgets trophy. Took me about 150 activations. I must have already had about 50-100 before I started grinding.

What I did to make it less tedious was I found one of the lizard mini bosses. I would do as many supers as I could before he was down to about 1/4 health. I’d run out of his attack zone and he’d replenish his health and I’d start the process again. Took about an hour. 

35 minutes ago, GiantHuman said:

Can confirm that the super wangfu trick works to unlock the old world gadgets trophy. Took me about 150 activations. I must have already had about 50-100 before I started grinding.

What I did to make it less tedious was I found one of the lizard mini bosses. I would do as many supers as I could before he was down to about 1/4 health. I’d run out of his attack zone and he’d replenish his health and I’d start the process again. Took about an hour. 

Congrats on this.

Its good to know it works, yet its so weird that it does given how unrelated the two are lol.

I may give this a whirl. Thinking about it, I reckon another way to use enemies would be to do the Fort side quests as there are 4-6 enemies per fort and there are 11 to do, so building up the WungFu Ability with a weak weapon would get you some activations in that time.

Thought I'd add my experience with both the Toytinkerer and Old World Gadgets trophies

Toytinkerer 
I started my game on the current version 2.1. The first time I saw him he did disappear but after that I was able to run up to him and start the quest. I ran into the Bear alot in my playthrough. I actually ran into him twice in the span of 10 minutes. After my 4 needed times I saw him an additional 8 times before I stopped counting. I noticed him the most when i was running around the fields doing quests in the section below Fnackyleaves and above & left of Suburbia, basically the location area where you can find the NPC Chubsa. 

Old World Gadgets

I did upload my complete game save to the cloud, deleted the game, disconnected my PS4 from the internet and downloaded the 1.00 version (disc copy) which did work. What happened to me though and I thought I would share is I was getting the second last gadget and died. The game had been showing me the save circles on the right side but when I died it showed I had no save file and therefore I had to do everything again. I want to note I did the tutorial/opening until it told me to rally with troops at that point I went out and looked for the gadgets. I dont know if this was a one-off thing or if it was due to not finishing the "intro" but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up. On that note, I know a lot of us use guides for collectibles, I was using PowerPyx's guide and he noted a record in a Cold Climate area. This is where I died, in the second playthrough I went back there and the record I needed wasnt there. I suggest instead of having to find the cold resistant suit then risk not finding the record that there is both a record and a Spiral Groover in a single building west of the Granito Outpost in a cluster of buildings (kinda looks like a suburb/shop street. It is in the blue building in the north corner (record to the right of the door and Spirial Groover at the top of the stairs) You can grab this while you're in the area for a few other ones. 

hope this info helps you guys! 

• Like 1

I've been doing the Super Wung-Fu method for almost 5 hours straight and have yet to have this trophy pop. I lost count at 700 Wung-Fu activations. So I'm unsure about the validity of the work around.

EDIT. So 3 minutes after I posted this the trophy popped. I stand corrected the method works!

Edited by Synthus-TH
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, trixter123 said:

played at newest patch found bear and got the trophy before going to 2nd boss its easy and not bugged

There are no difficult trophies in this game at all and none of them are difficult to accomplish, there are 2 trophies still bugged for alot of players (me included) so it isn't 'not bugged' per se, you in this case are one of the fortunate ones to have obtained it.

I can confirm that uninstalling the disc version and going offline for unpatched 1.00 to get 15 World Gadgets works.

I followed Deluzions video on the previous page and just speedran through the map after completing the main story quest Home Village with the first Lupin-fight. I didn't complete any other quests to get the boat or glide-tool. The only problem was navigating through the islands without a boat lol, had to find short distance shores to swim to etc. 

Make sure to complete all puzzles once for every unique gadget you collect.

I also speedran 2 forts since they glitched for me and it was no problem at all. 

Total time was like 3h for the 3 trophies I missed

• Like 1