Did not know this got a game

totallycrushed

So this little league of dirt racing in NA got a game too and I had no idea.

It's been kinda in my radar due to the people involved in it.

In the drivers lineup we have a superstar lineup of Indy and NASCAR stars. In the commentary I think it'll be Mark Webber and Danica Patrick.

Game is apparently made by the NASCAR Heat devs so it shouldn't be too bad? Right?

• Like 1

Same trophy list as nascar games without challenges from the looks of it.

Only thing that can be hard is the multiplayer trophies since lobbies won't be that active i think but those can be easily boosted

it can be a grind if the 10 seasons can't be simulated after obtaining all other trophies

2 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Yeah I don't think this is too known in NA either so this will probably be a similar case of an official racing games like World of Outlaws. 

Driving 10 seasons might be rough indeed unless 3 lap races or something :D Still suffering from that 8 seasons of F1 2010.

I remember doing that many seasons in f12017 to get all 75% of all upgrades

are you getting this game? If so, i can use help to boost the mp trophies as i just bought the game

Seems like the NASCAR/NA racing streamers already made videos of the game but I didn't see them at all. Only saw this video when it was released in April

Just now, mika8276 said:

are you getting this game? If so, i can use help to boost the mp trophies as i just bought the game

Not at full price, no. And probably not anytime soon-ish. Got a backlog of racing games to go through first!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Not at full price, no. And probably not anytime soon-ish. Got a backlog of racing games to go through first!

no problem, i could only ask

when it comes to racing games, i usually get them on release. I can't help it

• Like 2

NASCAR Heat already has some very solid dirt track action in the latest games. In fact, I think the best quality there is to find in that franchise nowadays is racing the late models on the dirt tracks. So it makes sense to use that engine and create this game from it. I can only hope that they will use the same engine and use it to produce a new World of Outlaws game at some point. That could be a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

NASCAR Heat already has some very solid dirt track action in the latest games. In fact, I think the best quality there is to find in that franchise nowadays is racing the late models on the dirt tracks. So it makes sense to use that engine and create this game from it. I can only hope that they will use the same engine and use it to produce a new World of Outlaws game at some point. That could be a lot of fun.

Definitely! And overall I'm glad that SRX is a thing entirely. With a decent following, dirt ovals could come back with late models, sprintcars, supermodels who knows! I just need more oval dirt track racing since NASCAR has been dull for so many years.

Now just give me that Indy game that's not tied to R2 or iRacing again and I would be a happy boi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

Definitely! And overall I'm glad that SRX is a thing entirely. With a decent following, dirt ovals could come back with late models, sprintcars, supermodels who knows! I just need more oval dirt track racing since NASCAR has been dull for so many years.

Now just give me that Indy game that's not tied to R2 or iRacing again and I would be a happy boi.

Oh boy don't I know it! I am still involved in Indycar Racing 2 on PC, a game from 25+ years ago :)

• Like 1

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

Oh boy don't I know it! I am still involved in Indycar Racing 2 on PC, a game from 25+ years ago :)

I just bought Indy 2005 on PS2 after playing 04 for so many years. pCARS 2 got close but misses the important tracks that aren't Long Beach or Indianapolis.

• Like 1

I need to see gameplay but I've always liked dirt track racing. Sliding around the corners is just so cool. 

Shame there are four online trophies, I can't imagine there will be a large player base to carry them. Hopefully they can be boosted, but I'm in no hurry at all to play this so...

19 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I need to see gameplay but I've always liked dirt track racing. Sliding around the corners is just so cool. 

Shame there are four online trophies, I can't imagine there will be a large player base to carry them. Hopefully they can be boosted, but I'm in no hurry at all to play this so...

I will plug GPLaps' video about the game here. That should give you a good idea about what this game is. And definitely check out his channel if you enjoy vintage virtual racing.

It's less dirt focused than I thought but still looks pretty cool. Having Eldora and Knoxville is always nice. But I do think it's a bit pricey for a game with only 6 tracks.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I will plug GPLaps' video about the game here. That should give you a good idea about what this game is. And definitely check out his channel if you enjoy vintage virtual racing.

GPLaps is amazing, I'm so glad he's finally in YT recommends for people that watch racing stuff.

• Like 1