Hiding PS3 games on PS5 impossible?

Valkirye22

So, I'm not a fan of any kind of stacking - if I get the game a second time (remaster, goty etc.) I'll platinum it and keep only one / hide the previous and keep it one platinum per title.

I'm working my way through the ME:LE and since now I can have a clean 100% on the entire trilogy I missed before due to not paying for EA DLC extortion I wanted to hide ME2 and ME3 from PS3 days.

But the hidden games on my PS5 only goes back to PS4. I can scroll down on the trophies page and go all the way back to Midnight Club days but there no option to hide anything prior to PS4.

Anyone know what's the deal with this?

This is ridiculous, unfortunately it seems that it is only possible to hide ps3 games individually by the ps3 itself; sorry if i'm uninformed - please correct me if that's the case - but i believe that even ps4 is not possible to hide individual ps3 games. the ps3 allows to hide both ps3 and ps4 platforms, i have not tested ps5 because i don't have one.

31 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

This is ridiculous, unfortunately it seems that it is only possible to hide ps3 games individually by the ps3 itself; sorry if i'm uninformed - please correct me if that's the case - but i believe that even ps4 is not possible to hide individual ps3 games. the ps3 allows to hide both ps3 and ps4 platforms, i have not tested ps5 because i don't have one.

Hiding individual PS3 (and Vita) trophy lists from your PS4 is definitely something you can do. It’s part of the Account Management settings, albeit a separate option from the one used to hide PS4 games

If you’re not seeing pre-PS4 data on the PS5 it sounds like they’ve probably only ported over one of those two options

• Like 3

You can hide PS3 trophy lists only on PS3, PS4, or Vita. There’s no option to hide it from the PS5 nor any other platform. It’s due to a technicality that you can only hide the game from the game activity in your profile, which hides the trophy list as well.

Edited by latest-purr1

7 minutes ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

So PS3 and vita games actually show up on your ps5 trophy list? Mine didn't on my old account. It doesn't really affect me now but that's interesting maybe I'll try taking another look; maybe I'm just blind. 

They do, you just can’t hide them on the PS5 itself.

Edited by latest-purr1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, latest-purr1 said:

They do, you just can’t hide them on the PS5 itself.

Sweet that's awesome that they do show up. I was wanting to trophy hunt some PS3 games on psnow but didn't see the point if I couldn't see them on my list. 

Sucks they can't be hidden for you guys though. 

7 hours ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

Sweet that's awesome that they do show up. I was wanting to trophy hunt some PS3 games on psnow but didn't see the point if I couldn't see them on my list. 

Sucks they can't be hidden for you guys though. 

That might actually be an option right there… can you hide them from the PS Now XMB?

51 minutes ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't tried. I don't think it gives you any option to do so. 

It wouldn’t be a specific option from the main menu, but rather a choice within each game in Trophy Collection. That’s where you to go hide games in the PS3 interface, and the PS Now XMB is basically just a copy-paste of that

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

It wouldn’t be a specific option from the main menu, but rather a choice within each game in Trophy Collection. That’s where you to go hide games in the PS3 interface, and the PS Now XMB is basically just a copy-paste of that

Oh I see. Yeah I really wouldn't know. I've never hid games that way before. 

• 2 years later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm unable to hide my games from back then, like 2010, burnout paradise. I have 1% in it, and the game isn't even in the catalogue. It seems impossible via PS5/PS APP/BROWSER. Those games simply don't show up when trying to hide them. If someone helps me with a solution I'll be forever grateful. It's just so annoying

1 hour ago, FreneticWave said:

You can't even unhidden ps3 trophies. The only solution if you just have ps5, is wait for Sony to release a update that make this a thing.

And given how of often they release useless updates, it sure will took years, if this even happen.

I actually found a way to do it. Had to pay for it though (ps plus premium)...

Here you go:

ON PS5/PS4 VIA PS3 GAME STREAMING (REQUIRES PS PLUS PREMIUM) 

If you're a PS5 or PS4 owner who no longer owns a PS3 or Vita, there is an alternate workaround that lets you manage your PS3 & Vita privacy settings, however it requires you to be subscribed to the highest tier of PlayStation Plus (which is called 'PlayStation Plus Premium') so that you can launch a PS3 game via cloud streaming to access your trophy privacy settings through the streamed game's PS3 console menu. Note: Some regions don't have PS Plus Premium and have 'PS Plus Deluxe' instead, which does not support cloud streaming, so this method doesn't work in those regions!

If only specific games are hidden and you want to unhide individual PS4, PS3, and Vita games, follow these steps:

1. You must be subscribed to the highest tier of PlayStation Plus (which is called 'PlayStation Plus Premium').
  2. Launch any PS3 game via cloud streaming.
  3. After the game launches, double-press the PS-button on your controller to bring up the PlayStation 3's in-game XMB/console menu.
  4. Press the left or right arrow on your controller to navigate to the 'PlayStation Network' section of the PS3's menu. This will show your trophy collection.
  5. Note: Make sure your trophy collection is in "online mode" (Press triangle over the trophy collection icon and then select online mode).
  6. Select your trophy collection and your list of games should populate the screen.
  7. Find a game that doesn't show up on your list on PSNProfiles. Do not press X to select the game though, instead press triangle.
  8. A few options should show up, press privacy settings.
  9. At the top it should say "Show Trophies for This Game" - make sure the box has a check-mark! (If the box is left without a check-mark, the game will stay hidden).
  10. When the box has a check-mark, press OK. Then do the same for all of your other games that don't show up on this website.
  11. Now you'll need to earn at least 1 new trophy in any game to see your changes show on this website (PSNProfiles), it can be any trophy on any console.
  12. After you've earned a new trophy, then update your profile here on this website by entering your name on the homepage and everything should be fixed!

Link for the thread: Trophies Are Missing / Hidden or Private Trophies - How to Fix It - Site help, issues & feedback - PSNProfiles

Edited by RubenEXTREME
link
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...