How hard is "ultra-hard" in new game+ with all DLC and base game weapons?

Lezonidas

13 minutes ago, cybershark91 said:

Hey guys, by no I started the Newgame + run on ultra hard and I did wonder, if it is recommended to do the sidemissions to get Allie’s for the final fight. In the guide I couldn‘t find anything regarding this. Do they really help? Does it make the final mission on ultra hard easier at all?

i hope somebody can enlighten me :)

I did ng+ in a straight line and the last fight was still easy.

1 hour ago, cybershark91 said:

Hey guys, by now I started the Newgame + run on ultra hard and I did wonder, if it is recommended to do the sidemissions to get Allie’s for the final fight. In the guide I couldn‘t find anything regarding this. Do they really help? Does it make the final mission on ultra hard easier at all?

i hope somebody can enlighten me :)

I didn't do any side missions on my Ultra Hard run as the time spent doing them you could just be cruising through the main missions. As long as you're level 60 Ultra Hard should be a breeze since enemies don't scale, including he final boss battle. The last boss isn't that bad, just make sure you have plenty ammo , crafting materials and, of course, your shield weaver.  You'll be fine.

• 2 months later...

I'm about 2 hours into my Ultra Hard run and I'm level 55.  I didn't do the Frozen Wilds DLC yet.  I'm wondering if I should go back to my other save and finish the DLC on an easier setting, then start the UH again or just power through without the DLC weapons?  Haven't had too many issues on UH yet but I'm kind of wondering how that final battle is going to go without the DLC weapons that everyone seems to love.

22 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I'm about 2 hours into my Ultra Hard run and I'm level 55.  I didn't do the Frozen Wilds DLC yet.  I'm wondering if I should go back to my other save and finish the DLC on an easier setting, then start the UH again or just power through without the DLC weapons?  Haven't had too many issues on UH yet but I'm kind of wondering how that final battle is going to go without the DLC weapons that everyone seems to love.

The dlc challenges used to be tough on Ultra Hard.  I would consider keeping that save for a quick dlc runthrough later, but i dont think missing the dlc weapons are going to make much difference.  I did ultra hard before the dlc and thought it was quite doable.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
6 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Just wanted to ask. When you start NG+ does it keep all fast travel camps and locations unlocked or do you have to trek all over the place again?

All of the exploration stuff resets, including camps! So you'll need to light them again

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:00 AM, ZinHunterAK said:

All of the exploration stuff resets, including camps! So you'll need to light them again

Cheers man. I noticed village type areas can still be fast travelled too. I saved just after the first Corruptor machine fight at the Nora village after the proving. Not too bad but I wish they didn't remove the health bar on enemies for this difficulty. Now I just want to get through it asap as I hate crap like that. 

Edit

Was having a decent run until you have to get to Gaia Prime. I eventually managed to beat the stalkers and walkers and then climb the next mountain, then got knocked off and had enough of being reset right back at the bottom of the mountain. Tried watching a speedrun of that part but the guy has his camera down at the weirdest of angles and never shows the map so I will have to look about some more. I would say that part is probably the hardest part in the game so far as it forces you to fight hordes of enemies at once. Then I suspect the 2nd stage of the final battle will be a pain. 

Edited by DanteIshimura
  • Like 1