Looking to buy some Forgotten Gems

irusjayd

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quantum Conundrum if you're into games like Portal. AFAIK it was created by one of the Portal creators. Very rare trophies too if that's your thing.

South Park: The Stick of Truth for the sheer fun that it provides.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy if you're into stealth games. I had a lot of fun with those.

3 minutes ago, jannekk said:

Quantum Conundrum if you're into games like Portal. AFAIK it was created by one of the Portal creators. 

It was - Kim Swift - who was part of the graduate group that created the original Narbarcular Drop, which was then reworked into the original Portal when Valve employed her.

It's a great game too - and definitely an underrated, and somewhat overlooked gem!

The Saboteur is always in my top hidden gems, great game for it's day, not sure how well it holds up now but has some great ideas.

Resonance of Fate is quite a unique rpg, with an unusual combat system and exploration mechanic, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tokyo Jungle a few mentioned, great fun bordering on the surreal, definitely leaves an impression.

The Alien Breed games were decent fun.

The Chronicles of Riddick was good fun back then.

The oft slated Dark Void, gotta be honest, I had fun with it, some mad gameplay elements like hijacking ufo's mid air etc...

NeverDead is another good shout.

Spec Ops: The Line is a good game, maybe a bit overhyped but still well worth playing imo.

Not sure I'd call a lot of the games mentioned in this thread hidden gems, but most of them are worth playing.

Alpha Protocol is a weird one, I gave up on it because it was a buggy mess for me but I was enjoying it.

Edited by Auto-Tomato
  • Like 3

I really like this topic and will be sure to come back here so thanks for this!

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Game of thrones by Cyanide, if you enjoy that.

The Godfather 2

Call of Juarez: bound in blood absolute gem

Aliens: colonial marines (underrated especially with bug hunt DLC) also loved AVP but not sure if can be considered ‘hidden’ gem.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...