How Difficult Is Co-Op?

roosta_141

• 2 months later...

The majority of the missions are the same or easier compared to single player because it is possible to split tasks between 2 people or player 1 can solo it entirely. All the difficulty is in the "No death" missions because both player require good execution. They are exponentially more difficult based on both players skill level. If both are good then they end up roughly the same but if 1 or both players isn't then it can take many tries. Of course shareplay does play a big role in this since with lag it becomes much harder. With a good partner and stable connection it is a 6-7/10 and 100 hours to complete it. The game is more daunting than it truly is.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2021 at 6:46 AM, ExistentialSolid said:

...cut...

Pardon for Necro, but I have just a tiny question: by playing it in local coop or via online shareplay do both Players earn trophies?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 3:15 PM, Smashero said:

Pardon for Necro, but I have just a tiny question: by playing it in local coop or via online shareplay do both Players earn trophies?

If you use shareplay, only the host earns trophies (and makes progress). In local coop, both players can earn trophies. 

EDIT: I was actually wrong. The local account I've been using to play in coop has not been earning any trophies at all. It seems like only the first player can earn trophies, be it using shareplay or playing in local coop. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, Smashero said:

If you are playing online via shareplay, only the hosting player is able to earn trophies or retain any of the progress made towards those trophies. Because of this, most players will have to complete each of the co-op missions twice: once while hosting a shareplay session, and once more with their partner hosting a shareplay session so that they can make progress too. What me and my partner used to do was complete all the missions for level X on one account and, while the level was still fresh in my minds, switch shareplay hosts and complete the same level on the other account.

EDIT: If you are playing in local co-op, only the host will earn trophies. You're still going to have to complete each mission twice (once with each player hosting) if you want each of the game's trophies on you and your partner's accounts. Thankfully, you won't have to deal with shareplay lag if you go this route which should make earning the trophies on both accounts much easier.  

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1