Cannot Purchase on PS3 Store

ClearVHS

I have restarted the system a couple times and now re-activated the 2sv but now i just get this "An error has occured. You have been signed out of PSN. (80710016)"

So now i can't get the playstation 3 online.

Any ideas ?

Just now, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I had this yesterday, i just went to the store on PC ans unmarked the 'ask for password' option when your purchase something of the PS store. Worked perfectly.

My problem is that i cannot sign in rather than complete a transaction

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

Are you trying to purchase something using anything other than PSN credit? You can no longer use PayPal or a debit/credit card to purchase anything on the PS3 (or vita) store.

This is incorrect as I still use my credit card to make purchases on the PS3 all the time. Just bought Max Payne 3 less than 30 minutes ago.

1 minute ago, Bahamut3104 said:

This is incorrect as I still use my credit card to make purchases on the PS3 all the time. Just bought Max Payne 3 less than 30 minutes ago.

I believe this is still possible to do outside the EU PSN stores, but as the OP has a UK account then they won't be able to.

10 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

That's too bad, but the bigger issue is me getting this error and not able to connect to PSN.

Not sure if I had the same problem as you but I noticed that I have had to repeatedly change my password over the last month.

I can log in on Vita, phone, web and PS4 with no issues. PS3 keeps telling me my password is wrong.

I keep using the same "wrong" password and eventually it works. After that it keeps it saved and everything works as normal.

1 hour ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Had no idea, now can't even get on the store as i get a prompt that is under maintenance, thanks for the help, will buy credit next time.

I had this problem a few months ago. Hover over the Store on the PS3, press triangle and delete/uninstall.

It will reinstall again and should work fine after that.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your problems but they sound like what happened to me.

Edited by baboon_overlord

Now after 20ish restarts, device setup worked.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Are you trying to purchase something using anything other than PSN credit? You can no longer use PayPal or a debit/credit card to purchase anything on the PS3 (or vita) store.

Just want to make sure, but if i buy psn credit on ps4 it will show up on ps3 right ?

As dont see a option to do it on ps3

5 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Just want to make sure, but if i buy psn credit on ps4 it will show up on ps3 right ?

You can add it on the PS4, PS5, or the PC store. The credit is applied to your PSN account and can be used to purchase items on PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita and the PC store.

Short answer: Yes.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

I might have a solution foer you as I have encountered the same 2 days ago. I tried to buy 2 little dlcs -> enter password -> wrong password. Hmmm… tried many times. Then I treid to log into the website - it was okay, so what the hell I thought. Then I recalled an option in account settings to deactive the request of entering the password during making a purchase. That’s it. It will ask for a password, obviously, but it’ll work, then deselect a tick next to the option and save.

Go to PS Store in PS3 and buy something. They system won’t ask you for possword again.

That’ś how I did it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

I might have a solution foer you as I have encountered the same 2 days ago. I tried to buy 2 little dlcs -> enter password -> wrong password. Hmmm… tried many times. Then I treid to log into the website - it was okay, so what the hell I thought. Then I recalled an option in account settings to deactive the request of entering the password during making a purchase. That’s it. It will ask for a password, obviously, but it’ll work, then deselect a tick next to the option and save.

Go to PS Store in PS3 and buy something. They system won’t ask you for possword again.

That’ś how I did it.

This same method worked for me last week when I wanted to purchase Fruit Ninja before 100% completion becomes unobtainable due to messages being taken away from the Vita before the end of this month.

10 hours ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

That’ś how I did it.

Similar thing happened to me. Changed my password and still got the error message. So logged onto my PS4, disabled the password requirement for purchases, bought what I wanted on my PS3, then reactivated the password requirement on PS4. 

It was annoying, but it worked. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y