Not being able to get into the game

Pieroluc

Hello everyone,

I wonder if others have had similar problems with this game. So I originally played this game for a bit in the summer of 2017, afterwards I tried to get back into it a few months back, but conceptually the game almost felt to complex in a way, I felt I understood nothing at the whole games structure felt so foreign and I had no clue what I was doing. Would there maybe be any tips I could follow to reinvigorate my understanding and potentially enjoy this title?

14 minutes ago, ZandatsuRising said:

Start the game anew.  That can help, if not,  let it be

Maybe, certainly will not be a priority, but maybe once I give it a shot next time, I will restart from scratch, could help. Thanks for the reply!

This franchise is as simple as it can get, there's no wrong way to play them, just go along for the ride and enjoy. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea, I wouldn't force myself to like something, but I would give it another shot, it's a fantastic franchise.

52 minutes ago, ZandatsuRising said:

Start the game anew.  That can help, if not,  let it be

This gets my vote too! Especially if you hadn’t made much progress

I recently returned to the PS3 trilogy after not playing it for years. Trying to pick up in the middle of my old R&C2 save file was SO hard to begin with as I’d totally forgotten fundamental things about the game

13 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

This franchise is as simple as it can get, there's no wrong way to play them, just go along for the ride and enjoy. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea, I wouldn't force myself to like something, but I would give it another shot, it's a fantastic franchise.

Yeah, I think I remember getting relative enjoyment from it at the end of the 2017 Summer Break, and afterwards I think I purchased new games and never touched it since pretty much. Next year I will give it one shot at restarting, and if I don't enjoy it, I will just let it go. But I already know I will not touch it for a while as I am currently doing a trophy challenge with a group I am in and playing new releases that I am more interested in.

1 minute ago, BGriff1986 said:

This gets my vote too! Especially if you hadn’t made much progress

I recently returned to the PS3 trilogy after not playing it for years. Trying to pick up in the middle of my old R&C2 save file was SO hard to begin with as I’d totally forgotten fundamental things about the game

yeah this was my issue, I was like, so what am I meant to do? hehe