DLC trophy difficulty

Joepelus

So i almost platted the main game (just need 50 cars & 300 rivals points) and bought the legends pack.

Completing all 48 objectives in the career sections of this DLC will be near impossible for me, im currently struggling at the first hot lap (got 2/3).

Any advice on how to progress? I would like to 100% this game and all dlc's eventually since my autism is telling me to

• 1 month later...

Yeah these hot laps are pretty tough, it is a mixture of skill and choosing the righ car, upgrades and tuning.

For the Silverstone hot lap you could use this video as reference : 

Before I used mostly speed upgrades with the Skyline and couldn't hit less than 53. Using the above tune was a revelation, I beat the record in one go.

For the Tuscany hot lap, I just couldn't hit 3/3 with a Supra. Once again a tuned Skyline was better : 

Don't forget to cheese apexes as much as possible. It's annoying when you go off limit but those 10th of a second do add up.

Edited by FR_Gigastor

I got the 100% a couple of months back and it was very challenging indeed. To be honest the best piece of advice I can give is to practice and to persevere. Also if you are struggling with a certain hot lap, try and recognise what sectors you are losing time and where you could possibly make up time. Good luck! ✌

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have just completed the final DLC and it has been very tough indeed. I am extremely average and have really had to persist on a couple of these laps.

I would say that the tuning set ups are absolutely crucial there were a couple of laps where a small tweak of the settings made a huge impact instantly on the times I was running. Luckily there are around 4 or 5 very good videos on YouTube for each of the laps that proved to be very helpful for the ideal set up.

Personally I found the hardest two to be the Lambo hot lap in the style pack I took around 15-20 hours of practise to complete that one, and the electric storm hot lap in the electrics pack which took me around 8-10 hours.

I would rate the base game platinum a 2/10 for difficulty and the DLC packs as follows 

The Legends pack a 7/10

The Style pack 8.5/10

The Power pack 5/10

The Electric pack 8.5/10

The biggest tip I would say that helped me out and that applies to the difficult laps in particular where the cars don’t handle particularly well, is that rather than holding the accelerator down through the corners and chicanes, tapping it through them while it would seem slower was actually hugely beneficial as it allowed the car to maintain control and took a lot of time off in multiple places. That for me was the biggest game changer when I got the hang of it. 

Good luck to anyone doing these. Don’t expect it on a plate just be prepared to put in some graft and you’ll be fine. Until you’ve spent 20 hours on the same lap I don’t want to hear any complaining ?

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2021 at 8:21 AM, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

I have just completed the final DLC and it has been very tough indeed. I am extremely average and have really had to persist on a couple of these laps.

I would say that the tuning set ups are absolutely crucial there were a couple of laps where a small tweak of the settings made a huge impact instantly on the times I was running. Luckily there are around 4 or 5 very good videos on YouTube for each of the laps that proved to be very helpful for the ideal set up.

Personally I found the hardest two to be the Lambo hot lap in the style pack I took around 15-20 hours of practise to complete that one, and the electric storm hot lap in the electrics pack which took me around 8-10 hours.

I would rate the base game platinum a 2/10 for difficulty and the DLC packs as follows 

The Legends pack a 7/10

The Style pack 8.5/10

The Power pack 5/10

The Electric pack 8.5/10

The biggest tip I would say that helped me out and that applies to the difficult laps in particular where the cars don’t handle particularly well, is that rather than holding the accelerator down through the corners and chicanes, tapping it through them while it would seem slower was actually hugely beneficial as it allowed the car to maintain control and took a lot of time off in multiple places. That for me was the biggest game changer when I got the hang of it. 

Good luck to anyone doing these. Don’t expect it on a plate just be prepared to put in some graft and you’ll be fine. Until you’ve spent 20 hours on the same lap I don’t want to hear any complaining ?

I've just started the base game and it's a beautiful and easy game. The DLC pack seems quite difficult... any chance to get all the DLC trophy with a pad?

• 10 months later...