Screw the 5th Palace Boss Fight

ChiefMichigan

I've already died or failed twice after looking up strategies. Changed up my party makeup the second time and still lost, though I made it to the green guys.

I'm just gonna have to try again. Maybe I'll grind a level or two. I think I'm just right at the boss's level. 

This boss battle has brought the game to a screeching halt for me. Such a shame. I hope I still find the game amazing when all is said and done and I intend to beat this boss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You could always lower the difficulty

I might. I'm hesitant to do so because I'm on easy as it is. I didn't go for very easy at the start because you can never increase the difficulty after that. 

If I still fail the boss after several more attempts, I might just turn it down to the easiest setting. Trophies aren't affected by difficulty at all. And I'm not one of those people who is unwilling to play on very easy or easy because of pride or anything. 

If you are looking for strategies and still failing then im not sure whatvthat days about those strats u are following as that shouldnt be happening

This strat, its all broken down step by ste, build by build, item by item etc, i dont think i take any damage and almost everything dies in 1 hit, and this is on Merciless by the way. 

A complete optimised step by step strategy

• Like 3

I did conquer the boss yesterday on my third attempt after reaching level 46 after some Mementos grinding and a slightly different strategy. I didn't have to lower the difficulty, but it was a tough fight. I only had about 3 minutes or less left when I beat him.

A warning to anyone no matter what difficulty they play on, this boss is extremely frustrating. It brings the momentum of the game to a screeching halt. But don't despair and don't give up. This is just about the only boss that I would recommend looking up a guide for before you confront him. A guide might save you some frustration. 

This is a weirdly and badly designed boss for sure. I'm playing on hard and would struggle here and there but never a straight wall like this.  I ended up cheesing it, I just grabbed Izanagi-no-Okami and spammed his megidola skill.  I try not to use the DLC personas unless I get them naturally, but that fight felt broken.

I did read that if you set your difficulty to merciless it can actually help, cause weakness damage is boosted x3

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The skinny blue guys and big green guys are the toughest parts. I created a Persona with Magarula and Garula skills and another Persona with Mapsio and Psio skills. My party was Morgana, Ann, and Haru with direct commands. So basically, I would hit the first 3 enemies with the single hit skill, then use the all hit skill on the last one, then baton pass to either Morgana, Haru, or MC for one more all spell. This ensures you are maximizing damage since you have to defeat them within 2 rounds. I used Ann and Morgana to heal and remove status effects and enemy buffs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2021-06-23 at 9:22 PM, Optinooby said:

If you are looking for strategies and still failing then im not sure whatvthat days about those strats u are following as that shouldnt be happening

This strat, its all broken down step by ste, build by build, item by item etc, i dont think i take any damage and almost everything dies in 1 hit, and this is on Merciless by the way. 

A complete optimised step by step strategy

Your guide is amazing, thank you.

But it doesn’t seem to work on normal, because you make little damage, with Merciless apparently weaknesses are x3, so waves died quicker 

so in a way, merciless is easier than Normal

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Personally I found this boss strangely harder on Royal than Vanilla. But there are some techniques that I found work:

Take heavy advantage of anything that gives you all out attacks. Not just weaknesses but also criticals.

Another good strategy I found was abusing the Alerts. If you take a persona that is decent or good, you can keep strengthening it, every second time during an alert it’ll get random stat boosts, furthermore, you can use incenses prior to that to get those stat boosts too.

the rest is more or less just being the right level. Attempting it at the bare minimum level is always a struggle, you generally want to be a bit over leveled for that boss to be honest.

A lot of it IS chance though. Boosting your attack power can help a ton though, like the enemies weak to wind, use as many things to boost wind damage.

I also made sure Futaba is a high enough confidant level because her buffs can sometimes just make you win randomly. It’s not uncommon though to have to attempt the fight a few times.