Time limit for editing posts...

That reminds me of this one guy that kept editing his post every 3 hours.....

A better feature would be to see the post before and after edit.

Restricting the time for post editing COULD work, but what about threads like forum games and competitions that keep getting their original post edited?

That reminds me of this one guy that kept editing his post every 3 hours.....

A better feature would be to see the post before and after edit.

Restricting the time for post editing COULD work, but what about threads like forum games and competitions that keep getting their original post edited?

See the "Edited" tag below? That's what I mean. 

Give us 5 mins to tidy up the post before the tag appears.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Nope. Fine as it is. I would hate for this to be forced.

Nice job reading champ - don't people read thread replies anymore? It's about removing a limitation, not imposing one.

See the tag below, that's what I mean - give it 5 mins before it appears instead of immediately. Posts remain editable indefinitely, as long as the thread isn't closed.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

There's no setting for this, so no.

I just took at a look at that setting and you're right, that's not what I meant and I should have double-checked it prior to posting. But this should do the job in terms of allowing a grace period - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3776-wolf-enhanced-edit-permissions/

Just a suggestion - it's an annoyance but one I'm sure we can live with if it creates more problems than it solves.

I don't get whats the problem with the edi tag  xD I wont go against it but it seems is not possible anyway.

It's not possible in the IPB core, but it is via a plugin (most forum tweaks are). However plugins can add overhead, so I completely understand if Sly's not willing to go down that path.

It's not possible in the IPB core, but it is via a plugin (most forum tweaks are). However plugins can add overhead, so I completely understand if Sly's not willing to go down that path.

The plugin you linked hasn't been updated for over a year, not tested on this version, and costs money so I can't test it first. IPB 4 is already in development so we may as well wait and see what happens there.

The plugin you linked hasn't been updated for over a year, not tested on this version, and costs money so I can't test it first. IPB 4 is already in development so we may as well wait and see what happens there.

It's definitely an oversight at Invision to not include this in the core and not a criticism of this site. Love your work Sly. 

• 2 months later...

I found the setting Sly - Members > Manage Member Groups > Members > Forums > Editing | Allow user to remove 'Edited by' legend? > Yes.

That's the setting I mean, not the one above with a restriction on time to edit.

While not essential, it does tidy up the forums a touch for anal-retentive post editors...like me :eheh: