Homo Homini Lupus Est - Bugged?

its_ArchroniX

So I completed the main story and I'm aware Rais's men don't show as often as they used to before completing the final mission. But I'm doing a run through Old Town every night for the past week now, looking for the blue icons on the map and I'm killing at least 2/ 3 squads of Rais's men attacking a civilian per night. It feels like I've already killed over 30 to 40 squads attacking civilians but the trophy hasn't popped for me. I'm also aware that the black hooded men attacking civilians don't count towards this trophy (they're just bandits I presume).

Is this trophy possibly bugged? It's one of the last miscellaneous trophies I need before I can fully focus on the side quests and collectibles and move on to the DLC but I'm getting tired of continuously patrolling the rooftops every night only to find a few squads to kill and not getting the trophy.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

It is quite buggy, and you might have to do more than 15 for the trophy to finally unlock.

Some people have reported that you can stack these through other playthroughs too. If you find the spawns are too rare for your taste you could also keep the trophy for last and restart your playthrough from a mission that is in old town but that is before the last mission so you can have them spawn more often.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any easier way. Keep at it, it's a long and tough plat but a rewarding one for sure.

Hope it helps

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are still several glitchy trophies that were never properly fixed by the 1.05 patch, including this one but there is a workaround:

You might be onto something! Hope I had stumbled upon that before I spent like 10 hours farming for this

• Like 1

Hello, I don't think it works very good in the Old Town area.

I followed this video back in December to get that trophy. I didn't even need to restart the campaign or anything like that. I just kept doing over and over this path shown in the video and I manage to find around 4/5 groups of Rai's men that I was missing, within 1 or 2 hours.

I hope that it helps you as well!

Link: 

All credits go to the owner of the video.

Edited by t-i-g-o
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Don't think it is bugged, although for a while I thought it was.

A bit of useful info perhaps, when you save a survivor, you have to collect the "Reward" for it to count as a save. This might be what people are experiencing, perhaps.

Just now, I saved a survivor and while he was standing up, had a fight with 2 or 3 other zombies  who knocked me down to a roof further down, after I had killed them, I went back up and then got the reward and only then did the trophy suddenly pop for me.

In other words, make sure you always grab the Reward for a rescue to count. This is important in multiplayer games where someone might save a survivor and you are not around to collect the reward, so it won't count.

So like the guide also mentions

" Rais's men will have 2 survivors at once which increases the in-game statistic by 2, but the trophy progress by 1. "

it is actually "Complete 15 Save Survivor" Quests and pressing Square button is what triggers a quest ending.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this trophy yesterday; keep in mind that you can check how many encounters are left for the trophy in the "extra" option in the main menu of the game. For a encounter to be added to the trophy count, you must collect the reward and let the game autosave (that little square animation in the botton right corner of the screen). 

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 7:34 AM, Kefka1986 said:

I just got this trophy yesterday; keep in mind that you can check how many encounters are left for the trophy in the "extra" option in the main menu of the game. For a encounter to be added to the trophy count, you must collect the reward and let the game autosave (that little square animation in the botton right corner of the screen). 

Same for me, I got it just today so it's not bugged and I got it from my PS5 so with the backward compatibility. 

I did it in a simple way by creating a new game by selecting the mission "Pact with Rais" and then going to the area near the bus and you will encounter the Rai's men with two hostages at least. Anyway someone just posted the right video above with details. 

Just to add up something important, don't try to quit the game and click on continue after you successfully encounter and defeat Rai's men. Just go back to the game menu and delete the current save and create a new game again with the same steps. It's easier that way to go around to find another encounter.

So I finally got the platinum trophy and can continue playing the DLC and the Bozak challenge :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, t-i-g-o said:

Hello, I don't think it works very good in the Old Town area.

I followed this video back in December to get that trophy. I didn't even need to restart the campaign or anything like that. I just kept doing over and over this path shown in the video and I manage to find around 4/5 groups of Rai's men that I was missing, within 1 or 2 hours.

I hope that it helps you as well!

Link: 

All credits go to the owner of the video.

The video doesn't work anymore because the channel got closed, what was shown in it?