Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Wikipedia

Another big one done.  And my word, I thoroughly enjoyed this.  I think I'm gonna put myself into the sequel here and there, Fire Emblem Warriors, but up next I think I'll do Lost Odyssey.

System: Switch

Completed: 1 path (multiple paths are available)

Time to Complete: Just Under 65 Hours

Completed: Story with all side quests on my path and most extracurricular activities

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch 

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Finished - 54.5 hours

3) Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure - PC

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One 

5) Bayonetta - PS3 

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch - Finished - 64 hours

10) Army of Two - The 40th Day 

Also, because it's a pretty obscure title, you can also pick up Gurumin on the Vita (it had a PSP release).  I'm not far into it BUT I thoroughly enjoy it.  IT's action game (not sure I see the RPG in it several others have said it was) that uses rhythm in a way that's rewarding without being overbearing.  Basically, you attack however you want, but if you swat an enemy in time with the music, it will land critical.  It is very archaic though, so like most of the NPC's have very little dialogue, and the camera isn't great,  However, I believe it's like 10 bucks on the Vita.  I got it during Steam's summer sale for like 3, and I would definitely have paid the 10.

Edited by willythom88
Thoughts on Gurumin
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 7:53 PM, willythom88 said:

Lost Odyssey

Nice, i got to the 3rd disc of that game years ago when it came out was loving it, then something in life happened (can't remember what anymore) and I put the game down and I haven't had the chance to go back to it.  Definitely post how you like the game when you play it.

• Like 1

@sindrics Generally 100% for the game is just the base game.  DLC is considered extra, and can earn you some points too as long as it follows the rules:

Expansions/DLCs:

• Treated the same as games, but get half points. (Same rules apply.)
  • To get full attainable points for eligible Expansion/DLC it has to be listed on your 10 games/DLCs list. (It'll take one spot, the same as any game.)

• If only Main Game is listed on your 10 games/DLCs list then Expansions/DLCs are counted as Out Of List Clear for half points.

This is the same even if you are playing something that has a game of the year edition or it was released with all of it on system.  If I remember correctly Hitman2 came on pc as a base game then the dlc.  I might be remembering this wrong, but either way if you complete the base game that is considered 100% for the base game, and dlc is seperate in it's own right.  I hope this helps answer your question.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Nice, i got to the 3rd disc of that game years ago when it came out was loving it, then something in life happened (can't remember what anymore) and I put the game down and I haven't had the chance to go back to it.  Definitely post how you like the game when you play it.

Will do for sure.  I've been working on this since 2011 (with a 9 year break in between) so I'm very excited to get past where I was before (I wanna say Disc 2, like later half) when I stopped playing.

Definitely hoping this gets the same treatment as like Last Remnant did, and they bring it over, but I believe Microsoft published both Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon so I doubt it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, milk-aholic said:

37797b3c-9211-47b9-8a98-3521bdde32a5.png

"Oxenfree" - Night School Studio

Finished story, 0/14 -> :platinum: 14/14 (PS4)

That game was fantastic! Like seriously, I can't believe I bought it way back in 2016 or 2017 for PC and not even once played it. Then bought it for the PS4 because I totally forgot I even had the game and due to this little event I finally played it!!

Oxenfree is about a group of teenagers that wanna go partying on a inhabited island. Paranormal activities should accure when someone uses a radio at special places on the island so of course that's what they try - with fatal consequences. While they accidentally awoke some angry spirits that they have to defeat they also find themselves every now and then in strange time loops that make everything even worse.

A beautiful game that is very different from what we are used to. Unique looking, beautiful story and nice characters.

The platinum run was a bit lame because you have to play through it 3 times and the third time was seriously unnecessary. Two times would have been just fine.

Nonetheless I'm now really hyped for Oxenfree II and I'm curious on what Night School Studios will do in the future now that they're under Netflix.

That leaves only two games before I finish my 10 games list for the first time 1f60a.png

Also finished Vampyr, Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! and Alan Wake Remastered.

So I played a bit of Alan Wake on the Xbox like 7 months ago or something like that, and I really liked what I played.  However, my Game Pass ended so I never finished it.  Worth buying it on the PS4?

9 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

So I played a bit of Alan Wake on the Xbox like 7 months ago or something like that, and I really liked what I played.  However, my Game Pass ended so I never finished it.  Worth buying it on the PS4?

I played it on PC a few years ago and it's still a really good game. So yeah I would definitley recommend it.

They also deleted the "Hard" Mode and it also feels like "Nightmare" is what "Hard" was before so the platinum is fairly easy so there's an absolute win-win situation.

• Like 1

Hitman 2 ps4: (not on list) completed and 100% the main game, i liked alot of the levels in this one more than in the first they felt better designed in general with plenty of fun ways to kill your targets, The only issues i had were on last mission isle of sgail i had a few issues with guards seeing me through walls and noticing crimes etc when its out of their vision it made master difficulty on that level a pain thankfully that only happened on that level. I was disapointed that they decided to ditch cutscenes for the story and replace them with still images with voice over instead which left me not really caring about the story much, ive seen a few games do this and for whatever reason i just dont feel as invested in the story when its done this way, atleast theyve gone back to actual cutscenes for hitman 3. All in all its a very fun stealth game and the most fun ive had on a hitman game since blood money. And thanks to @Spinacheq for clearying up what counted for 100%.

Yakuza 0 ps4: Completed another great entry in the yakuza series loved seeing the backstory of majima and kiryu the different fighting styles were fun to use especially majimas break dance style.The rng of the gambling games are just frustrating and if anything pushed me away from trying for the platinum with this one although i had 98 hrs already played and i think that it was enough as i usually only play yakuza games for the main story.

Moon Raiders ps4: (not on list) completed and 100% this nice little metroidvania game although i wish it was longer, it took me around 10 hours but that was mainly due to being low life when fighting most bosses so was stuck on them for a while and it never occured to me that i could backtrack through older levels, there was also a dash attack that recovers life after discovering that it made the bosses much easier with a full life bar.it has a very nice pixel art design and the controls work well but not much in way of a story your character has to go to the moon to get gems to heal her mother and thats about it. Imo its a great if small metroidvania and has revitalized my intrest in the genre.

• Like 3

Late September 2021 summary for everyone! ?

We have 9 active, 1 inactive (Came back this month.), 1 Absent, 0 New, 11 in total participants.

18 this month (The same amount as last month?!), 52 in total played games/DLCs so far.

Casual Event Spreadsheet

Leaderboard:

Place Participant Points Trophy Country
1 (08) milk-aholic 17 :gold: ??
2 (02) Spinacheq 11 :silver: ??
3 (06) sindrics 9 :bronze: ??
4 (03) Tenzai1980 7.5 :hidden: ??
5 (01) Arethien 6 :hidden: ??
6 (10) cjninja125 4 :hidden: ??
7 (09) gazdavis11 3 :hidden: ??
8 (04) willythom88 1 :hidden: ??
8 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 :hidden: ??
10 (05) Kishnabe 0 :cross: ??
10 (11) Gretchen27 0 :hidden: ??

Participants-09-2021.jpg

Platforms-09-2021.jpg

Platforms-07-09-2021.jpg

Genres-09-2021.jpg

Genres-07-09-2021.jpg

*Genre names are not in any way official or standardized. They're decided by me and highly subjective.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Arethien said:

Late September 2021 summary for everyone! 1f605.png

We have 9 active, 1 inactive (Came back this month.), 1 Absent, 0 New, 11 in total participants.

18 this month (The same amount as last month?!), 52 in total played games/DLCs so far.

Awesome update @Arethien, I am hoping I am the cam back this month hehe.  I wish I had a game update for myself, I was looking at my own tracking lists for the Attack on Completion event and I haven't finished a game in 2 months now...  Yeah I know, I am slipping, I am playing I promise. :)  Been working on Ys VIII still doing my blind enjoy the story playthrough.  And playing a lot of minecraft with my nephew on his xbox hehe.  Though what is about 7 year olds that they just love to blow up your minecraft home everytime you build one? lol

• Like 1

It's happened... at last, I've got a story completion to report! 

Need for Speed Payback 

Need-for-Speed-Payback-20211017143526.jp

Need-for-Speed-Payback-20210918125309.jp

Playtime: 22hrs 48mins-->27hrs 58mins

Trophies: 37/58 (52%) --> 49/58 (80%) 

- total time to complete since starting this event = 17hrs 25min

The past few weeks have been busy for me between work & personal life, but I've snagged snippets of time to play on the PS4. & after getting side tracked by the fun DLC, I finished up the last series of races of story mode. 

NFS Payback is currently at 3rd place in my ranking list for the series. Sure they reuse aspects of the game like annual sport game releases, but like those games, it's hard to break away from the familar. Personally, I always look forward to having a new (I'm using that term lightly) one to play. It's a relief they learned from that live action cut scene mess. I'm moving on to three staring all activities, let's hope they won't be as challenging as the 2015 one. 

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

20211020-165803.jpg

Playtime: 32hrs 48min --> 39hrs 09min

Trophies: 24/52 (35%) --> 27/52 (40%)  

Of course, I continue playing on the Vita heavily. It's funny how my wishes for this game have flipped. I started out wanting more battles & slogging through reading side stories that held no meaning. & now, I'm buried in longer, albeit slower, battles & shying away from the main story in favor of the entertaining side ones. 

Resident Evil 3

L27c45f.png

Playtime: 56mins

Trophies: 4/33 (6%) 

Also, I got to start RE3 last week! 

RE3 sees you play as Jill "who will not be a Nemesis sandwich" Valentine, fighting her way out of a Raccoon City overrun with zombies. It's a perfect choice in horror game for this month. 

I may have just barely started it, but I'm aiming to beat the story by Halloween. 

P.S. I'm starting my Pokémon Sword adventure tonight! If not now, I'll be way behind when the Diamond/Pearl remakes drop next month. You better believe I've got this on pre-order.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong @Arethien but I believe I'm at 2 points for two story clears.  Not that it's super important, but for graphing purposes : p.

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch 

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Finished - 54.5 hours

3) Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure - PC

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One 

5) Bayonetta - PS3 

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch - Finished - 64 hours

• Like 1

@willythom88 It's ok ?. Thanks for checking. You never know when I slip and make a mistake.

Ah, just for everyone's information.

If you got a heart from me or Spinacheq, that means we updated your data on spreadsheet with that post.

If you didn't get it and next post person did, there's a high chance you got missed, as I do it in post order. Or try to ?.

Spinacheq is very busy so it's mainly me for now filling it, but that's the idea with hearts here.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

My days are starting to slow down to normal pace again.  My free time has been a little gaming, cleaning up, unpacking, deciding what to keep what we don't need anymore, work.  And reading the forums when I can (usually doing a boring meeting at work.... sshhh no one tell on me pls. :) ) I do try to double check no posts are getting missed for updates as I would hate for someone's progress to get missed.  @Arethien is doing an awesome job and by the time I get to the forums now all the updates are done.  

On a side note, @gruffiiti and @Inuty  started up a new DLC event that is for fun only (though you can get a nice badge) that runs until the end of the year.  Very simple rules (only 2 of them), they are affiliated anyway with this event but they both are great people and the event looks really fun and another one of those great places to help encourage your fellow gamers to have fun and play more of the games they love.  I signed up, since my OCD knaws at the back of my mind to finish all the games I play to 100% where I can.  If you want to check it out here is the link, no pressure just learned of it myself and figured I can't be the only one who likes (needs) to complete the DLC too. :) 

Keep up the great work everyone, I love reading the progress and your opinions and reviews on the games you have played.  They make my morning coffee that much better. :) 

• Like 3

Good morning everyone, I forgot to update my progress to say I have finished the main story and earned the platinum in Need for Speed (2015). This is the latest edition of the series I’ve played and have to say the most enjoyable. Really thought this was an excellent game

• Like 2

Hi all, been a while for me posting here ?

Forgot to tell that i finished a 2 games that are not on my list here:

Nexomon - like Nexomon Extinction a very nice Pokemon-like game. Not so frustrating regarding catching specific monsters like Extinction. Would recommend that game if asked

South Park: the stick of truth - i am not a great South Park fan. The jokes are not for me and most of the time i think: oh man, really? Seriously?. But the game was okay but i am glad that it´s over. Playing South Park: the fractured but whole right now but only really because i need the game for the "Revange of Halloween"-Event. 

Hope to come back to my games in my list next week or so :dance: 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Nexomon - like Nexomon Extinction a very nice Pokemon-like game. Not so frustrating regarding catching specific monsters like Extinction. Would recommend that game if asked

This one was already added to the spreadsheet, but I got the other one as well :) 

23 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

I have finished the main story and earned the platinum in Need for Speed (2015).

Nice updated and added, glad you enjoyed it.

So I'm almost done with Bravely Default 2.  I really enjoy this game but unfortunately it has some glaring issues.  

Here is a pre finishing the game pros and cons

Pro's

Cheery and unique characters, mostly

Inventive combat and job system

Decent story

Cons

Terrible card game

Seth is bland and forgettable

The difficulty spikes are a bit ridiculous

• Like 1

completed 2 games

the dark pictures anthology: man of medan ps4 : completed my first playthrough and while it was enjoyable for the most part i had a few issues with qte's not reconising button inputs and from what ive seen online its a common problem with this game for certain parts. The story was good but i feel it relied on jumpscares too much instead of building tension like in untill dawn and dont accept the narrators offer to give you a hint to what is happening and how to prevent it as it basically spells out the plot twists. While i recommend the game i would also recommend manually uploading your save to ps+ incase you get issues with the qtes not reconising input like i did which caused both characters to die, i do intend to finish the plat but i said that about untill dawn and havnt gone back to that yet.

School girl zombie hunter ps4 : (not in list) The story is pretty basic and straightforward, the gunpolay works fine but the missions get very repetitive quite quick. The game has a pervy side to it as you can rip off the girls uniforms and use them as distractions on the zombies (which was quite funny the first few times) along with the panties trap mechanic where the longer your character has worn that pair the more damage it inflicts. Getting sss ranks can be a bit annoying on some levels where if your damaged too much it lowers your score but on others you can take as much damage without any penalty, a good game to just switch off and kill some zombies.

• Like 2

It's been a while since I've posted an update so this will be a long one. I earned the platinum in God of War 3 (PS3) on 10/3/21 and it took me about 8 hours. I love this game and was glad I could earn the plat a second time. I earned the platinum for Assassin's Creed Syndicate on 10/4/21 and it took me about 6 hours. This is one of the first games I ever played on my PS4 and I really enjoyed going back and earning the plat. I give it an 8.5/10. I completed the story for Ratchet and Clank (2016) on 10/4/21and it took me about 7 hours. This game is a really fun platformer/shooter, looks great, and runs smoothly with the 60 FPS patch for PS5. I give it an 8.5/10. I completed the story for Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered on 10/6/21 and it took me about 12 hours. Not a lot of people in the AC community like the story and it has quite a few technical problems but I think it's still a solid game. I give it a 7/10. I earned the platinum for Assassin's Creed Revelations on 10/10/21 and it took me about 12 hours. This is platinum number 50 and I'm glad that milestone is one of my favorite AC games. The multiplayer isn't my favorite but I still love the story. I give it a 9/10. I finished the story in Rise of the Tomb Raider on 10/24/21 and it took me about 8 hours. I really enjoyed the story and characters and I'm excited to see where it goes in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I give it an 8.5/10. I completed the story and earned the platinum in Days Gone on 10/31/21 and it took me about 40 hours. I can understand why this game didn't get very good review scores with the story being kind of boring at times and the myriad of technical problems but I had a great time with it. I give it a 7.5/10. Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to wait until I had at least a few story clears. I'll try to update more frequently when I finish games in the future. 

• Like 2

@Tenzai1980 Added your Nexomon. Congrats on clears!

@sindrics Added both games. Congrats on clears!

@cjninja125 Added your games, but most are not eligible for points with our current event rules. (@Spinacheq Please check me thoughtfully on this if you can.) Either way congrats on many clears! PS. Next time please use enters or bold games you cleared. Would be much easier to read and update.

As a reminder to clear times: count starts after you joined this event. So for example if you finished 8 out of 10 sequences in AC game before joining their play time doesn't count for story clear time, just the remaining 2.

Did you @cjninja125 post overall clear time or since you joined and played clear time for your games? I tried to check that with trophy dates, but I'm bad at it.

@willythom88 Very useful information about the game there. Difficulty spikes sound scary. 

Edited by Arethien

Okay it's been some time and I finished ... a few games that ain't on my list.

1. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

Played this game years ago on the PC since it's free on steam. It was a horrible experience all over again. But in a good way. But also in a bad way ? 

There's just no game like this one. Quite unique and definitely worth a shot if you are able to play the game considering it's numerous trigger warnings.

2. Yomawari: Night Alone

3. Yomawari: Midnight Shadow

Didn't really enjoy these both and just happy it's over. There are worse games but also a lot better ones.

4. The Last of Us Remastered, 70% -> 100%

Finished the game on Grounded Plus and got the platinum and finished the Grounded DLC.

• Like 2