Featured Characters/Weapons Banner Discussion

Am4z1n9_AZ

What featured banners are you guys looking forward to? I'm excited for the Raiden Shogun/Sara banner, leaks are saying it's expected to be the first banner of 2.1 but I think that's incorrect. Just going off the Genshin Impact Twitter account they posted Kokomi first so I believe she will be released before Raiden Shogun &Sara. Plus for the one year anniversary it makes sense to have a big character around the time so it makes more sense.

Looking forward to Yoimiya banner, The Electro Banner(Raiden & Sara) and Yae Miko banner. Maybe Kokomi too if she's a 5* Barbara and not a Inazuma counterpart to Mona.

It's also make sense if Kokomi's banner is before Raiden's banner storywise even though they add the 3rd and final Inazuma Archon Quest since most Genshin players won't know then Raiden & Sara become allies to the Traveler until some part or the end of the Inazuma Archon Quest line.

• Like 2

Most excited for the Raiden Shogun/Sara, Yae, and Kokomi banners in that order. Most likely will skip Yoimiya (although I do like her aesthetics and personality, just not her playstyle from what I tried in her story quest). Currently tight on resources/resin as well, so I wouldn't be able to realistically build both Yoimiya and Baal at the same time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The version 2.2 banners will be reruns with Thoma on Hu Tao's rerun banner which after "The guy I keep kicking his ass to max Hu Tao's Talents" returning for his 3rd rerun, yes the first rerun banner is not Ganyu or Albedo. It's the goddamn 11th Harbinger of the fools: Tartaglia/Childe. After I somehow get Kokomi or not I be saving my Intertwined Fates until the Yae Miko banner is out(might do Hu Tao rerun if I feel my Hu Tao needs a constellation level up or 2)

I'm sat on so many primos after the anniversary log-in & event and I'm itching to spend them. I was really hoping one of the re-runs would be Xiao, not sure if I want Childe or Hu Tao. Maybe I'll just do a few pulls to get Thoma.

I'm pleased with the 2.2 banners.. I have no interest in pulling for Tartaglia/Childe so that's an easy skip for me and gives me time to save up primogems. I might pull for Hu Tao and try and get C1 and Staff of Homa if it's on the weapon banner, I want Thoma too as I need another shield character for Spiral Abyss . It all depends on the 2.3 banners how much primogems I spend because I really want Ganyu as I started this game late (in May) so I missed out, Arataki Itto pictures also have circulated online he looks pretty cool I might pull for him if his playstyle looks good but I'll have to see.

• 1 month later...

The Version 2.3 will start having 2 Character Event Banners(Both reruns) at the same time while only the Arataki Itto Banner will be the usual one banner only.

The Reruns are Albedo and Eula.

I skip this version like I did with the current version as I'm happy with my C0 Hu Tao and C0 Eula.

Good Luck to anyone that wants Arataki Itto or/and Albedo or/and Eula.

btw. Gorou is part of the Arataki Itto Banner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My predictions for 2.5(based on leaks) and 2.6 plus the confirmed info about 2.4

2.4:

New Banner

featured-genshin-impact-24-leaks.jpg

Shenhe: 5 star Cryo Polearm.

Yun Jin: 4 star Geo Polearm (note: you can get her for free in the Lantern Rite Rerun event(only for Liyue 4 stars))

Rerun Banners:

Genshin-Impact-1.jpg

Xiao and Ganyu

2.5:

New Banners:

5 stars: Kamisato Ayato and Yae Miko

4 star: Shinobo

If there's any reruns in this version, it's Raiden Shogun that might get one based on leaks.

2.6:

New Banners:

if it's anything like 1.6 version then it might be that the new character is a Dendro or/and from Sumeru(like Kazuha)

if there's any reruns in this version, it's Kazuha that might get one based on leaks(he might be in 2.5 instead of 2.6).

Going by how miHoYo does things with the updates, we learn what version 2.5 will be for real then the version 2.4 update is out.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/genshin-impact-version-2-4-update-fleeting-colors-in-flight-launches-january-5-2022

Genshin-Impact_2021_12-26-21_017-768x432

The leaks turned out to be true and this "polearm" version will have 4 Banners!

The first banners is Shenhe and Xiao

The 2nd banners is Ganyu and Zhongli

I did read some that said Zhongli was getting his rerun banner in 2.4 but the rerun leaks was mostly Xiao and Ganyu.

I wonder how the weapon banner will work this time since the first two are Polearm users? Have both Calamity Queller(The new Polearm and Shenhe's polearm maybe?) and Primordial Jade Winged-Spear or Calamity Queller and a random 5* non-polearm weapon.

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/genshin-impact-version-2-4-update-fleeting-colors-in-flight-launches-january-5-2022

Genshin-Impact_2021_12-26-21_017-768x432

The leaks turned out to be true and this "polearm" version will have 4 Banners!

The first banners is Shenhe and Xiao

The 2nd banners is Ganyu and Zhongli

I did read some that said Zhongli was getting his rerun banner in 2.4 but the rerun leaks was mostly Xiao and Ganyu.

I wonder how the weapon banner will work this time since the first two are Polearm users? Have both Calamity Queller(The new Polearm and Shenhe's polearm maybe?) and Primordial Jade Winged-Spear or Calamity Queller and a random 5* non-polearm weapon.

From the recent leaks I've read, looks like it will be Calamity Queller and Jade Spear for the first weapon banner. Going to assume this means that Amos Bow and Vortex Vanquisher will be on the second half of the weapon banner for Ganyu and Zhongli respectively.

• Like 1

I really wanted Ayato to be a new character in 2.5 as well as Yae, but I guess it's probably better for my primogem supply that he's not.

I think in 2.5 we'll get Yae (obviously) and re-runs for Kazuha, Raiden & Yoimiya.

Then in 2.6 Ayato (5*) Kuki Shinobu (4*) & re-runs for Ayaka. Then if 3.0 is next, another new character that introduces Sumeru, or (if it's delayed) a re-run of a character tied to an event for this update.

Edited by EIdain

On 03/01/2022 at 1:30 AM, EIdain said:

I really wanted Ayato to be a new character in 2.5 as well as Yae, but I guess it's probably better for my primogem supply that he's not.

I think in 2.5 we'll get Yae (obviously) and re-runs for Kazuha, Raiden & Yoimiya.

Then in 2.6 Ayato (5*) Kuki Shinobu (4*) & re-runs for Ayaka. Then if 3.0 is next, another new character that introduces Sumeru, or (if it's delayed) a re-run of a character tied to an event for this update.

I kind of knew Ayato weren't coming 2.5 no hints of him coming early. I definitely think he is 2.6 bound, it gives more time to save primogems for him. 

Also regarding the re-runs I think it's too soon to say if we get 3 and the Yae banner in 2.5. For all we know this might this be a one time thing for Chinese New Year like last year there were 3 feature banners in one patch. We got 2 re-runs and Itto in 2.3 so who knows Mihoyo is unpredictable. 

11 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Also regarding the re-runs I think it's too soon to say if we get 3 and the Yae banner in 2.5. For all we know this might this be a one time thing for Chinese New Year like last year there were 3 feature banners in one patch. We got 2 re-runs and Itto in 2.3 so who knows Mihoyo is unpredictable. 

I think multiple re-runs per update is a pretty safe bet, who knows if sometimes it's 2 or 3. But with the amount of new characters they make if there aren't multiple re-runs each update many characters will be waiting years for a re-run. Leakers

Spoiler

have said Raiden is almost a certainty for 2.5 and Kazuha looks likely too. Yoimiya was just a speculative guess.

• 5 weeks later...

1st part of 2.5 patch will be Yae Miko on Character Banner.

2nd part of 2.5 patch will Raiden Shogun and Kokomi on the Character Banners.

Like I said before 3 5-Star characters per patch, everyone got carried away because 2.4 had 4 when it was obvious there would be an extra character for Chinese New Year like they did last year...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly I wish they drip-marketed a bit further into the future. Considering the Dendro Archon and a couple of others are already leaked and will be NPC in 3.0.

I like Dori design, but saving primos for 3.1. Hard pass on 3.0

Edited by Akrioz