Ps5 - Game Breaking Bug/Glitch

Minor spoilers.

There is a game-breaking glitch for the Ps5 version of Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice during the Illusion trials. When walking up to the area before the boss where there's meant to be a gate has glitched out and there was no gate there at all. I could walk straight through to the boss fight, but that did not work either. There is supposed to be a minor cutscene when you walk up to the gate area, but it's broken. I restarted the game and had the same issue. 

I backed up my save and then placed the disc into my ps4 to check what happened, but got the same issue within the save file.

Remedy - restart the game and play on ps4 only. Thankfully, this did not glitch on the ps4. I don't want to risk switching back to ps5 with the new save file as it may glitch out elsewhere too. Even though the sweet 60fps would be ideal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, it's a pity that the developers did not want to match the game to PlayStation 5. Or maybe there is some positive information on social media about the upcoming PS5 patches? I do not have a fb, so I do not know on the current basis and I would love to play Hellblade on PS5 soon. Regards.

PS: Do bugs always happen when playing on PS5? I read on Reddit that someone finished Hellbale on PS5? So the problems are more random?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Thanks for the information, it's a pity that the developers did not want to match the game to PlayStation 5. Or maybe there is some positive information on social media about the upcoming PS5 patches? I do not have a fb, so I do not know on the current basis and I would love to play Hellblade on PS5 soon. Regards.

PS: Do bugs always happen when playing on PS5? I read on Reddit that someone finished Hellbale on PS5? So the problems are more random?

No rumors of ps5 version, Xbox sx confirmed. 

I can't say for sure. 

• Like 1

During the release of Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, SONY reported that they had fixed some sort of save game issue between PS4 and PS5. Perhaps it also affected Hellblade to some extent.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-ghost-of-tsushima-how-sony-tackled-the-cross-gen-save-problem

On 20.08.2021 at 6:14 PM, AMU-LOVE said:

Got the platinum recently on ps5 without any problem1f44d.png

Thank you for the information, it gives me hope. :-) 

Edited by Kessarath

On 8/22/2021 at 6:59 PM, Kessarath said:

During the release of Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, SONY reported that they had fixed some sort of save game issue between PS4 and PS5. Perhaps it also affected Hellblade to some extent.

Source:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-ghost-of-tsushima-how-sony-tackled-the-cross-gen-save-problem

Thank you for the information, it gives me hope. :-) 

It sounds like you are saying that the issues occurred when transferring save from ps4 to ps5 or vice versa..
If so - i started the game from scratch on PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 8:46 AM, Markemmanuel said:

Yeah good to hear! Must be isolated incident and makes me further question why they removed from PS5 store.

Over 100 games (300 if you include all regions) were pulled from sale on the PS5 recently. Basically, any game flagged as having any BC issues were removed from sale - yet you can still buy them on a PS4, the website, or the app, and then download them on your PS5 from the library.

My theory - as this happened just after the Cyberpunk 2077 mess - I think Sony did it so they didn't get an influx of people demanding refunds for other games with issues on the PS5. This way, not letting you actually buy them on the system means they can simply say it was your choice to buy them for the PS4 and then risk playing them on the PS5.

The game is currently £4.99 for PS Plus subs - if the game is working fine on the PS5, I may pick it up. MS clearly won't let them update the game so I'd rather avoid it if it's a bit iffy still.

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

Is there a reason why I cannot find the game on my ps5 in the store? 

Yes. Early last year, due to the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, Sony decided to make all games that had BC issues non-visible on the PS5. This was to avoid people buying a game then complaining that it doesn't work correctly.

So, the only way to buy the 100+ games that had an issue is to do so via the website, the app, or a PS4 console. Once you've done that, you can download it as normal on your PS5 via the library.

It's annoying that they did this but understandable when you look at all the negative attention Cyberpunk got. However, Sony told nobody they'd done this, so it just looks like a bunch of games vanished for no reason.

Publishers can restore the game, but only if they fix them. Due to MS owning the Devs, there's no possibility that they'll ever fix the BC issues within Hellblade. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turniplord said:

Yes. Early last year, due to the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, Sony decided to make all games that had BC issues non-visible on the PS5. This was to avoid people buying a game then complaining that it doesn't work correctly.

So, the only way to buy the 100+ games that had an issue is to do so via the website, the app, or a PS4 console. Once you've done that, you can download it as normal on your PS5 via the library.

It's annoying that they did this but understandable when you look at all the negative attention Cyberpunk got. However, Sony told nobody they'd done this, so it just looks like a bunch of games vanished for no reason.

Publishers can restore the game, but only if they fix them. Due to MS owning the Devs, there's no possibility that they'll ever fix the BC issues within Hellblade. 

Understood! Thanks a lot for clearing it up mate :D

• 4 months later...

I'm here to be the third person to post within this topic to say I've played through the full game twice (first for the EU stack's plat and second for the NA stack's) on PS5 without a single game breaking bug/glitch. I could spot the very, very occasional visual bug and a flickering light shining on one single bit of the tower (from the "Tower Shard Challenge") but otherwise I'd say my experience was without any technical flaws.

Also Ninja Theory not adding an option to turn film grain off was a mistake. That's about the only other thing I've got to comment on, really.

Edited by Dry
Reason for edit: Slight change in text colour mid-post, wha…

4 hours ago, Dry said:

I'm here to be the third person to post within this topic to say I've played through the full game twice (first for the EU stack's plat and second for the NA stack's) on PS5 without a single game breaking bug/glitch. I could spot the very, very occasional visual bug and a flickering light shining on one single bit of the tower (from the "Tower Shard Challenge") but otherwise I'd say my experience was without any technical flaws.

Also Ninja Theory not adding an option to turn film grain off was a mistake. That's about the only other thing I've got to comment on, really.

Good to hear. Was this the ps5 version? 

7 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

Good to hear. Was this the ps5 version? 

Thought I said so.

7 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Dang for a second there I thought there was a PS5 version of this out and I didn't know about it. 

Microsoft claims Ninja Theory their property now. On top of that, aside from Call Of Duty, Deathloop, Doom Eternal and of course Skyrim, they don’t like releasing new games and/or upgrading existing titles to the PS5. There’s probably a reason, for example, Psychonauts 2 didn’t get a PS4 AND PS5 release yet Xbox One + Xbox Series X/S versions exist (8th and 9th console generations respectively).

Edited by Dry
Reason for edit: Somehow Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) doesn’t have a Series X/S version yet either.

50 minutes ago, Markemmanuel said:

No PS5 version, original post should have said 'on PS5'.

My apologies also. Misread your question thinking you misunderstood my first reply.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 20/8/2021 at 0:54 PM, Kessarath said:

I finished the game on ps5. Sometimes it froze and I had to restart it, but other than that I didn't have problems with it

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...