You will be logged out because an error has occurred (NP-32091-5)

My partner just loaded the game up, twice, and he receives this error every time he tries to start it.

Everything else on his Playstation is working fine, just not Bedlam (EU) for whatever reason.

Has anyone else had this issue?

We looked it up and someone mentioned something about the trophies not being able to sync with the server and that that's why he receives this error, but it appears the trophy completion rate for this game is pretty damn high, so we're doubtful that's the issue.

Not to mention the only fix we found, was literally backing up all his saves and effectively deleting the account and re-downloading everything which to be perfectly honest we'd rather not do.

Any suggestions would be welcome  :) 

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit

That error means your profile is corrupt due to bad data in the trophy list database so the only fix is to backup everything, then nuke your profile and recreate it. You will lose your saves, PMs, unsynced trophies, screenshots, notifications and system settings in the process but your games will be left intact.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Just now, HuntingFever said:

That error means your profile is corrupt due to bad data in the trophy list database so the only fix is to backup everything, then nuke your profile and recreate it. You will lose your saves, PMs, notifications and system settings in the process but your games will be left intact.

He's currently in the middle of rebuilding the database from the safe menu in the hopes that that will fix it. From the way you're making it sound, it seems like that's not gonna work.  :( Urgh this sucks.

His trophy pics will be gone too right? Dear lord, it looks like we're in for a long ass day of backing up everything  >.<

I suppose the only fortunate thing is that he synced his trophies recently.

17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That error means your profile is corrupt [...] so the only fix is to backup everything, then nuke your profile and recreate it.

This, 100%

Rebuilding the database wont fix it, you'll indeed need to delete the user (after backing up save files and any screen captures you want to keep) and then recreate the same user and go through the process of registering it with PSN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

This, 100%

Rebuilding the database wont fix it, you'll indeed need to delete the user (after backing up save files and any screen captures you want to keep) and then recreate the same user and go through the process of registering it with PSN.

Well this sucks  :/

Well his trophies were synced yesterday, and he backed up his saves pretty damn recently too, so it's mostly just going to be a matter of pulling all the trophy images off the PS4 and backing them up onto my external hard drive.

I take it there's no way to put the screenshots back onto his PS4 and link them back up with the trophies so that they're viewable from his playstation via his trophy list?

Just now, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I take it there's no way to put the screenshots back onto his PS4 and link them back up with the trophies so that they're viewable from his playstation via his trophy list?

Nope.

Best case scenario is to use an online image hosting site if you want to share the captures elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Nope.

Best case scenario is to use an online image hosting site if you want to share the captures elsewhere.

This^

Trophy screenshots can't be restored after a profile nuke - all you can do is bung them on Imgur or a similar site if you want to share them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Nope.

Ah, bummer.

Nah it wasn't really for the benefit of other people, it was more for himself and being able to see his trophy images attached to his trophies. Oh well, at least we'll still have them i suppose.

Thank you for all the information and help @Helyx and @HuntingFever  :)

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Overlord said:

I look forward to an inevitable dispute thread in future

'but they're not from ur console!!!!!'

Pretty sure this has already been a thing. Posting an image of a trophy screenshot doesn't hold any weight in a dispute.

• Like 1

Just now, Helyx said:

Pretty sure this has already been a thing. Posting an image of a trophy screenshot doesn't hold any weight in a dispute.

After some of the disputes we've seen recently, not even you literally filming yourself playing the game and earning trophies is enough evidence in a dispute anymore  xD 

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I got the same error message as OP (NP-32091-5) and i got a question, so i´m gonna hijack this thread for a second.

Question is, if nuking your profile and recreating it, do you also delete everything on the HDD? Cause i got the P.T. demo you cant re-download anymore and i wanna keep it... 

9 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

if nuking your profile and recreating it, do you also delete everything on the HDD?

If I'm not mistaken, deleting a user profile does NOT delete everything in the HDD

...but it DOES delete the save data and the screenshots in that profile.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

If I'm not mistaken, deleting a user profile does NOT delete everything in the HDD

Somehow option ‘return ps4 to default settings’ deleted all my game saves but all videos and photos still on hdd

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Thx, just did it and you are right. Save data and those trophy pics are gone but games and themes are still there (including the P.T demo i didnt want to lose^^).

Important thing: It works.

FOR EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, follow the instuctions in this video. Done in like 10 minutes (without save data transfer, this may take hours)

Have a nice day trophy bro´s. 

• Like 1