Issue with Iki Island DLC

Hundo-X-Percento

For some reason, Iki Island DLC and the option to go into Iki Island isn't coming up in my PS4 version. I've bought the DLC, it's installed and I've progressed past ACT 2 but nothing is coming up? Am I missing something? Hate not being able to 100% a game, it's driving me mental as I have no idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be awesome!

12 minutes ago, Hundo-X-Percento said:

Might sound stupid? But How would I know what region my versions are from?

Look at the back of the box and see what the region stamp is: A = Canada, North America, Japan and a few other countries, B = Europe and most of the rest of the world and C = China, Russia and certain other countries in the region. If the code is a Number instead of a letter: 1 = Canada, North America and parts of Central and South America, 2 = Europe, Japan and parts of Africa and the Middle East, 3 = most of Asia including Hong Kong, 4 = Australia and New Zealand, 5 = Russia, Parts of Eastern Europe and I believe India and a couple of other countries as well, 6 = China.

It also helps to look at the Censors certificate on the box/Disc: ESRB M17+ Mature = America, PEGI 18 = Europe, USK 18 = Germany, CERO Z = Japan, OFC M15+ = Australia. If you have a digital copy, just go into the PS store in your region and see if the game lets you buy it, if it doesn't and just says "Download", you're good to go because it's from that region and the issue lies elsewhere.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

32 minutes ago, Hundo-X-Percento said:

I'm from Australia, I have the digital download, I have everything installed, I even have been given the horse armour for Jin's horse. But I just can't get the Iki Island to come up. Do I need to complete a tale as well as act 2 for it to pop? Or is there a certain tale I need to do to activate it?

AFAIK, you just need to finish Act 2 but I would wait for someone more versed in this game to comment since I could very well be wrong.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

8 hours ago, Hundo-X-Percento said:

For some reason, Iki Island DLC and the option to go into Iki Island isn't coming up in my PS4 version. I've bought the DLC, it's installed and I've progressed past ACT 2 but nothing is coming up? Am I missing something? Hate not being able to 100% a game, it's driving me mental as I have no idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be awesome!

Well i'm doing my new game + run, already done Iki Island on my other run, anyway i've just finished Act 1 mission A New Horizon and the Iki Island Quest Journey Into The Past is on my map and available. Journey Into The Past must be done before you can go to Iki Island.

5 hours ago, Hundo-X-Percento said:

I literally have all the add ons except for Iki Island, I've just finished ACT 1, now onto ACT 2 and I said to have the Iki Island Quest? Am I missing something? I don't have Journey Into The Past on my map at all?

Did you finish the first mission in Act 2 that opens up fast travel again?

• Like 1

Once you finish the tale "A New Horizon" you should get a pop up letting you know about the Iki content. IT should take you to the Journal tab on the menu and show you the new "Tales of Iki" category where the first quest is: "Journey into the Past"

It is a good idea as said previously to delete and reinstall the whole game. If it still does not show up, let us know here or via DM and we can see what else we can try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Did you finish the first mission in Act 2 that opens up fast travel again?

Yep, finished the first mission in Act 2. Also deleted and re-installed the game, I think it has to do with the region of my Ghost of Tsushima game, I bought it in the Australia PS store but it's for some reason a UK version, but I think the DLC I've bought is an Australian Version? That's all I can think of. Any advice on what to do to try and fix this would be amazing!

3 hours ago, Argandalf said:

Once you finish the tale "A New Horizon" you should get a pop up letting you know about the Iki content. IT should take you to the Journal tab on the menu and show you the new "Tales of Iki" category where the first quest is: "Journey into the Past"

It is a good idea as said previously to delete and reinstall the whole game. If it still does not show up, let us know here or via DM and we can see what else we can try.

If you could DM me that would be awesome!

If there is a discrepancy on the regions, I believe the disc is the one having the UK version. In that case you could try a refund from Playstation chat support for the DLC, as it will not work. Sadly, they can do nothing about the disc.

If you are to keep the disc with that region, you will need to create a new UK account to get the right region DLC, honestly it is too much work. Maybe you can also try exchanging the disc with the retailer/seller?

*UPDATE*

Thank you all for your help!

I managed to fix it by going to the actual area where the DLC starts and interacted with an item in the hut. I think on the guides to accessing the DLC it should be advised that if you don't have that area unlocked that the Iki Island may not pop up. First time I've ever had an issue with a DLC although not major to the average person, for a completionist it was driving me crazy for the last 3 or so days haha

Appreciate everyones responses on the topic! Happy hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm with Hundo-X-Percento.  I am playing the PS4 version on PS5.  Once I reached Act II, the quest for Iki Isle did not show up.  I followed Tom's Guide to ride to Drowned Man's Shore and went inside a purple Mongol Yurt to activate the quest.  Here's the link with a map attached partway down the article:

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-start-ghost-of-tsushimas-iki-island-dlc

Because the map wasn't uncovered, the quest would not activate.  Very odd and confusing when reading the multiple guides on the internet about how the quest will just show up after reaching act 2.  This won't necessarily work.

Glad I found this thread!

Edited by Timmah200
Added map link.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Timmah200 could you see the iki island one the map. because I’m also experiencing this problem and I’m done with them game. whenever I press on the island it says view content in store. and then it says this this content isn’t available or something like that. I was wondering if you was also experiencing this.

Edited by gl_axtive

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 5:26 AM, Timmah200 said:

I can confirm with Hundo-X-Percento.  I am playing the PS4 version on PS5.  Once I reached Act II, the quest for Iki Isle did not show up.  I followed Tom's Guide to ride to Drowned Man's Shore and went inside a purple Mongol Yurt to activate the quest.  Here's the link with a map attached partway down the article:

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-start-ghost-of-tsushimas-iki-island-dlc

Because the map wasn't uncovered, the quest would not activate.  Very odd and confusing when reading the multiple guides on the internet about how the quest will just show up after reaching act 2.  This won't necessarily work.

Glad I found this thread!

Doesn't appear despite the Director's Cut update being installed, and I have gone beyond Act 2.  

I found this page that tells you to go to akishima village after Act 2 and talk to one of the Peasants at its entrance:  https://www.gamespew.com/2021/08/how-to-access-iki-island-in-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut/

I shall have to try this tomorrow.

Edited by alexandra-jane09