How to earn There can Be Only One and maybe True Nektar

Plattitudes

Thank you for you and the others who are putting in the work on this. The Seed system is great to have as it means people going for this stuff shouldn't have to rely on chance to do these things. 

Yet to play the DLC myself as the trophies on the EU version don't upload so I'll just start it when it actually can be uploaded, though I did get the DLC to not miss out on the free period of course.

• Like 1

Honestly, many thanks for this as this is driving a lot of us crazy. 

I'm trying to understand this and can't figure out what is unique about the 4 Shell variation you posted. What variation did it pop on for you both and what is unique about the variations as my dumbass can't see lol xD???? 

On the other thread, @UndeadSephx popped it on this and u don't have this specific variation

Eredrim, Solomon + Tiel, Harros, so what is makes this the same as ur last one??

Also, I've heard the order to do the dungeons changes the variation as well, any truth to this??

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Honestly, many thanks for this as this is driving a lot of us crazy. 

I'm trying to understand this and can't figure out what is unique about the 4 Shell variation you posted. What variation did it pop on for you both and what is unique about the variations as my dumbass can't see lol xD???? 

On the other thread, @UndeadSephx popped it on this and u don't have this specific variation

Eredrim, Solomon + Tiel, Harros, so what is makes this the same as ur last one??

Also, I've heard the order to do the dungeons changes the variation as well, any truth to this??

In the final fight, Its only the 4th corrupted shell(the last one after the double) that counts.  These, and the ones from the other thread have 4 different last bosses.  I just did it, and once i did the one that was missing, bazingo.  

Example.  Harros   then Tiel +eridrim and soloman last.   You have solomon checked off.  do the other 3 last and trophy pop.  

BTW, nice work guys for figuring this out.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

In the final fight, Its only the 4th corrupted shell(the last one after the double) that counts.  These, and the ones from the other thread have 4 different last bosses.  I just did it, and once i did the one that was missing, bazingo.  

Example.  Harros   then Tiel +eridrim and soloman last.   You have solomon checked off.  do the other 3 last and trophy pop.  

You think, I saw that but then the other shells threw me off that. Weird it's that requirement as you would figure it would be the whole battle.

Guess it does seem that it's the last shell that matters, so we were perhaps overcomplicating it. It's just hard getting ya head around why the last shell counts, but the other ones don't, guess the first solo and the duo was just a warm up xD

20 hours ago, Plattitudes said:

Next is the True Nektar trophy. We stand by our initial theory which is that you simply need to complete the DLC with every character plus the 2 foundling runs to obtain all the Seeds. This wasn't a big deal for us to test as the same requirements are needed for the Fashion Shells trophy anyways. This method appeared to work because after these 7 runs, we both unlocked our final 7th Seed, and we were able to pop the trophy. The order the seeds are obtained is: Obsidian, Flittering, Luminous, Blood, Thawed, Tar, Precious.

Once again we found ourselves confused because we did the EXACT same thing on the PS4 version and my final run was not awarded the 7th Seed (Precious Seed). GinjAJ will be testing his final run sometime soon to confirm the problem isn’t isolated specifically to me. I don't think it is though because we’ve been reading a lot of inquires from people who can’t figure out how to get more than 6 Seeds. Aditionally, no one on PS4 has earned the trophy yet. Our current theory is that the trophy is bugged on the PS4 version, but working properly on the PS5 version. Let us know if this seems wrong.

Anyways, that’s what we think we know. Cheers.

I couldn t get the precious seed to drop either on the ps4 version.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

Can anyone confirm that TrueNektar is achieved by completing 7 runs (one with each shell, a foundling, and an ODF)? I ask because if someone on PS4 does the ODF last while the trophy is still bugged and they don't get the final seed does that mean they'll have to do ODF again to get the final Seed when the trophy is fixed?

4 minutes ago, Vextens said:

Can anyone confirm that TrueNektar is achieved by completing 7 runs (one with each shell, a foundling, and an ODF)? I ask because if someone on PS4 does the ODF last while the trophy is still bugged and they don't get the final seed does that mean they'll have to do ODF again to get the final Seed when the trophy is fixed?

You don't need to do the ODF run last. On the PS5 version I did my Eredrim run last and I still obtained the precious seed.

If the Seed is actually bugged, then no one really knows how a patch would handle it. I would assume you'd need to redo your final run to obtain it.

1 hour ago, Plattitudes said:

You don't need to do the ODF run last. On the PS5 version I did my Eredrim run last and I still obtained the precious seed.

If the Seed is actually bugged, then no one really knows how a patch would handle it. I would assume you'd need to redo your final run to obtain it.

On PS4, the Seeds don't get filled in on the Compendium under Key Items, is this the same for you or just me???

How about PS5, do they show up properly there in the Compendium??

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

On PS4, the Seeds don't get filled in on the Compendium under Key Items, is this the same for you or just me???

How about PS5, do they show up properly there in the Compendium??

I can't figure out how to upload a camera picture, and I don't use any image hosting sites, but yes every entry for the Virtuous Cycle under the Lore tab has an entry. There are no ???

4 minutes ago, Plattitudes said:

I can't figure out how to upload a camera picture, and I don't use any image hosting sites, but yes every entry for the Virtuous Cycle under the Lore tab has an entry. There are no ???

Dunno what has happened with mine then, I just got Flittering Seed and still nothing in Lore for that or Infinity Seed on PS4, real weird.

I gave Infinity Seed to NPC, but have kept Flittering for now. Real annoying, is there anything you know off that I'm still to do with them but haven't yet, which may be when entry updates??

13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Dunno what has happened with mine then, I just got Flittering Seed and still nothing in Lore for that or Infinity Seed on PS4, real weird.

I gave Infinity Seed to NPC, but have kept Flittering for now. Real annoying, is there anything you know off that I'm still to do with them but haven't yet, which may be when entry updates??

I honestly have no clue because I never even looked at the compendium until you just asked your question.

I was looking at True Achievements, and someone on there listed what runs they had done, and they popped the 'There Can Be Only One' trophy/achievement on a run where Tiel was last, but they had ALREADY had Tiel before!!

H / S+E / T
T / S+E / H
E / H+T / S
S / E+T / H
E / H+T / S
S / H+T / E
S / E+H / T (Unlocked after this)

Lol, any takers on exact requirements;)

Other popping combinations so far

1. Harros, Eredrim & Solomon, Tiel = 185744
  2. Harros, Eredrim & Tiel, Solomon = 832720, 762492 (Both Work)
  3. Solomon, Eredrim & Tiel, Harros = 767553
  4. Solomon, Harros & Tiel, Eredrim = 720864

173141 Harros eredrim + tiel solomon
950362 solomon eredrim + harros tiel
106586 harros eredrim + solomon tiel
300000 eredrim harros + solomon tiel
700000 tiel harros + eredrim solomon
932648 eredrim solomon+tiel harros

I thought it may be weapon type??? Don't suppose anybody wrote down weapons lmfao?? ** Perhaps not this as they always have same weapons I think?? **

I'd be very careful about 100% confirming it's the last boss that counts if you are making a guide, personally I think we need more info still. Maybe it's so glitchy and they don't always register properly so it becomes hard to gauge what is the exact requirement.

The game, although the DLC is fun, it's very glitchy.

I'm at a point where my chest contents are different to other save files when I play DLC and I have no ideas why after spending a few hrs testing things why with no luck. 

I've been loading up various save files, versions, accounts and also maxing 'World Item Chance to have Instinct' and chest contents all stay the same on seeds. 

Yet I load my complete main game, and chest contents are different...what gives...we need patches (is it because game completion save, who knows?)

Also sometimes, very rarely though, after running the same seed, occasionally a pillar gives a different instinct,even though should be fix.

Thing is, because everything is messed up, u can tell if something is glitched, or working how it should...

Reminding me of my fun with Soulstorm ;(

After a bit more testing, if this isn't glitched, I think it is related to Map somehow and not the Character (items etc). If I delete map state on PS4, all the chest contents change, but leaving Map State and deleting Save State doesn't change it. If not bugged, perhaps game completion alters it, I have no idea at this stage ;)

Another annoying thing with the 'World Items Chance of Instinct', is it's not a % thing like it states, it's more that it permanently changes the SAME items into Instincts (I guess adds up to 30% of world items), so if u have a nice farm going, upgrading this perk could permanently remove a Nascent Tar for example.

So for farming, you really need to keep the above perk at 0% and then if ur chest contents ever change, it messes up ur seed as well

Sometimes when you create a new seed via main menu, it spawns u at a different spawn point to the in game create seed, like wtf lmfao.

Axatana is broken, I'm sure most know have heard of the special ability bug, but the axe special also gains resolve which is actually really awesome, but I'm scared of getting dependant on it in case it's a bug, it's cool though.

Also Super Hard is always messed up, opening a pillar removes it, opening ur inventory and stuff glitches it up at time, I think if u cast it while frozen u move MEGA slow for like the whole duration. Times when the timer disappears but it's still counting, I'm actually betting there is a glitch to keep Super Hard permanently active, anybody found it yet XD......???

I also found a Red Mushroom, they must have messed up and missed this particular one xD

Edited by Optinooby

For the There Can Only Be One trophy, I believe I can back up Plattitudes' findings that it's the final boss of the encounter. The trophy popped for me after my fourth successful run.

1. 829248 - Solomon - Tiel&Eredrim - Harros

2. 185744 - Harros - Solomon&Eredrim - Tiel

3. 832720 - Harros - Tiel&Eredrim - Solomon

4. 720864 - Solomon - Harros&Tiel - Eredrim

The first seed was one I randomly went into on my own. The other three were the ones provided in Plattitudes' thread. As soon as I finished the boss fight on 720864 the trophy popped. I used the Axatana for all seeds. In order of the seeds the shells I used were Harros, Solomon, Eredrim, Tiel. So unless it's based on completing a run with the four base game shells I have to believe it's based on the final shell fight. Again, the trophy popped after my fourth successful run so I don't have any miscellaneous runs in there to muck up the data.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vextens said:

For the There Can Only Be One trophy, I believe I can back up Plattitudes' findings that it's the final boss of the encounter. The trophy popped for me after my fourth successful run.

1. 829248 - Solomon - Tiel&Eredrim - Harros

2. 185744 - Harros - Solomon&Eredrim - Tiel

3. 832720 - Harros - Tiel&Eredrim - Solomon

4. 720864 - Solomon - Harros&Tiel - Eredrim

The first seed was one I randomly went into on my own. The other three were the ones provided in Plattitudes' thread. As soon as I finished the boss fight on 720864 the trophy popped. I used the Axatana for all seeds. In order of the seeds the shells I used were Harros, Solomon, Eredrim, Tiel. So unless it's based on completing a run with the four base game shells I have to believe it's based on the final shell fight. Again, the trophy popped after my fourth successful run so I don't have any miscellaneous runs in there to muck up the data.

Your Duo was actually the last unique one on the popping battle as well.

I think someone needs to play one of these popping lists in reverse order, see if it still pops the same, or if earlier.

Guy below had it just pop randomly, nothing was unique about his popping run really.

H / S+E / T
T / S+E / H
E / H+T / S
S / E+T / H
E / H+T / S
S / H+T / E
S / E+H / T (Unlocked after this)

It is pointing towards the last or duo fight, but with the above list, though perhaps a glitch, I just feel we perhaps need more data yet. But then perhaps some battles are glitching for most of us, so it appears that it is the last 4, but perhaps it is less..........if we are going to assume the list above has a glitch in somewhere, then we have to assume every1s list could glitch

I want one of these lists doing backwards. I'm going through main game again now on PS5, then I will get back to VC and do one of these lists backwards

Edited by Optinooby

13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I think someone needs to play one of these popping lists in reverse order, see if it still pops the same, or if earlier.

GinjAJ and I have played his original 4 seeds now in 3 different orders and with different characters and weapons and the trophy has popped every time. 

Im not saying you're wrong, but there is some good evidence to suggest it's working as I suggested.

These other posts you're finding online could be recorded incorrectly because people didn't start journaling their thoughts until a few runs in. GinjAJ and I have been recording since day one because it has always been our intention to write a guide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattitudes said:

GinjAJ and I have played his original 4 seeds now in 3 different orders and with different characters and weapons and the trophy has popped every time. 

Im not saying you're wrong, but there is some good evidence to suggest it's working as I suggested.

These other posts you're finding online could be recorded incorrectly because people didn't start journaling their thoughts until a few runs in. GinjAJ and I have been recording since day one because it has always been our intention to write a guide.

Just to confirm, ONLY those 4 you mentioned were the completed seeds on those 3 accounts but always in a different order and has always popped on the 4th?? Yea your evidence looks very promising if so!!

I'm not wrong or right mate as it wasn't my data, it was from TrueAchievements, you can find the users name if you go on there. I'm just gathering others data and speculating I guess xD

Perhaps it's just me because it's just very illogical that the 4th Shell counts and the other 3 doesn't and I'm just trying to be sure for myself. Trophies are illogical most the time I guess though

@Plattitudes 

Sorry mate for the call out, just a question and some more thoughts;

Have you encountered chest contents changing on same seeds at all?? I have and wondered if you or the other person you're in touch with over this.

And I was thinking about the Shell Variations, so we know for sure (almost) that the end Shell counts as a variation, but this doesn't actually write off the duos as a requirement as well because every list I have seen (almost) including the ones you have provided have always had the duo requirements fulfilled beforehand if so.

I was thinking it may be worth FULFILLING the end Shell Variations BEFORE the duo variations and then see if the trophy still triggers. If not then, then the duos would be a requirement as well I guess.

Problem is the duos are always finished before so there is no way currently with the lists provided to write them off as a requirement or not.

Since like you say, it's fairly evident end Shell Variations count, do you any seeds that I can use so that, I guess I would do 5 runs with the end solo Shells finished on the 4th and then on the 5th I can finish the duo variation if the trophy didn't pop on 4???

Does that make sense mate, I think it's worth a try, I can do it myself later actually and update here later, it just means I need a Seed that has a different end Shell, but with a same duo variation almost as another...??

So I guess, if duos were a thing, then first shell doesn't count, and then you need each shell in a duo fight and each shell on the end shell

Edited by Optinooby

Pretty sure it's just as simple as getting a unique character to fight at the end like Plattitudes and GinjAJ found out. Was working with the duo theory at first and ran three cycles that ended with Solomon but had different duos. So I ran H+E, H+T, and T+E duo encounters followed by Solomon then I found this guide and decided to follow and the trophy popped once I completed all unique final encounters. So the Solomon run was one I chose at random followed by the seeds provided on the thread:

893183 (playing Hadern)      Tiel              Harros + Eredrim        Solomon

185744 (playing Solomon)    Harros        Eredrim + Solomon     Tiel

767553 (playing Eredrim)      Solomon    Eredrim + Tiel              Harros

720684 (playing Tiel)             Solomon    Harros + Tiel                Eredrim

This solution seems pretty solid to me

2 minutes ago, Zizoo_09 said:

Pretty sure it's just as simple as getting a unique character to fight at the end like Plattitudes and GinjAJ found out. Was working with the duo theory at first and ran three cycles that ended with Solomon but had different duos. So I ran H+E, H+T, and T+E duo encounters followed by Solomon then I found this guide and decided to follow and the trophy popped once I completed all unique final encounters. So the Solomon run was one I chose at random followed by the seeds provided on the thread:

893183 (playing Hadern)      Tiel              Harros + Eredrim        Solomon

185744 (playing Solomon)    Harros        Eredrim + Solomon     Tiel

767553 (playing Eredrim)      Solomon    Eredrim + Tiel              Harros

720684 (playing Tiel)             Solomon    Harros + Tiel                Eredrim

This solution seems pretty solid to me

Yea don't get me wrong, very solid and does the trick, I just have to be sure of requirements (I like to optimise stuff a lot so I have to be sure off all variables).

Plattitude and everyone else results sorta confirms that the end battle matters, but nothing has confirmed yes or no whether duos actually matter yet

Problem is we have actually always completed the duo variations beforehand, everybody always has the end solo variation remaining and so just that is where the trophy keeps popping.

This isn't confirmation duos don't matter, just assumption as confirmation would need the end solos doing first with duos finishing last.

Like I say, what I'm badgering on about isn't all important if we're saying, "here are these 4 seeds, just do these for example".

But I just have to know for peace of mind I guess 

25 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Plattitude and everyone else results sorta confirms that the end battle matters, but nothing has confirmed yes or no whether duos actually matter yet

I don't understand where you're coming from with this. There are 6 unique 2v1's that are possible. GinjAJ and I have now earned the trophy after only 4 runs 3 separate times. There are also a couple other people in this thread saying they earned the trophy after only 4 runs. Just because some people on the forums are saying they earned it after 6 runs doesn't mean they couldn't have earned it quicker if they knew how it worked.

Since like you say, it's fairly evident end Shell Variations count, do you any seeds that I can use so that, I guess I would do 5 runs with the end solo Shells finished on the 4th and then on the 5th I can finish the duo variation if the trophy didn't pop on 4???

Yes, GinjAJ and I have over 20 recorded variations, but it appears they aren't important. Just start with the 4 runs listed in the original OP, and if the trophy doesn't pop for you I'll be happy to provide you with whatever variation you're looking for. I'd be willing to bet the trophy will pop though.

Have you encountered chest contents changing on same seeds at all?? I have and wondered if you or the other person you're in touch with over this.

Yes, the seeds do not guarantee perks out of pillars. We found that out quite quickly because I had a run where all 3 dungeons put the boss token in the final pillar of the level. We thought this would be great for the guide and speed running cycles, but when GinjAJ tried it later, the tokens had moved. Our theory is that the chest and pillar contents are somewhat static... but you would need to re-create a run identically. When you pick up an instinct, the game is then using that data to determine what the new instincts will be.

25 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Like I say, what I'm badgering on about isn't all important if we're saying, "here are these 4 seeds, just do these for example".

That's exactly what we're saying. Do those 4 seeds in the OP and you will get your trophy. If you've already done some cycles, simply select the unique final encounters you're missing and you will pop the trophy.

I think you're putting a little bit too much thought into it at this point. Just run the 4 OP cycles, and if the trophy doesn't pop let us know. For now I feel I've seen enough evidence to conclude this is how it works. If new data comes to light after the guide is published, I will return to it and edit it to reflect the correct information.

Edited by Plattitudes
  • Like 1

On a separate note, for the Seat of Infinity has anyone ever found the boss token anywhere other than the Eternal Narthex? I've only completed 5 runs but the token has always been in the Eternal Narthex. With the high risk of gravity deaths in the Seat of Infinity, I like to find the token then get to the boss as soon as I can to avoid potential fall deaths and I'm always scared I'll have to venture into the Dim Gates or Shifting Archives for the token.

1 minute ago, Vextens said:

On a separate note, for the Seat of Infinity has anyone ever found the boss token anywhere other than the Eternal Narthex? I've only completed 5 runs but the token has always been in the Eternal Narthex. With the high risk of gravity deaths in the Seat of Infinity, I like to find the token then get to the boss as soon as I can to avoid potential fall deaths and I'm always scared I'll have to venture into the Dim Gates or Shifting Archives for the token.

Yes, GinjAJ and I have found the token all over that map. The tokens seem to be 100% random. We've even found tokens in the first pillar of a dungeon.

Just now, Plattitudes said:

Yes, GinjAJ and I have found the token all over that map. The tokens seem to be 100% random. We've even found tokens in the first pillar of a dungeon.

That's what I was afraid to hear. I know that it spawns in a random pillar but I'd never seen one anywhere other than the Eternal Narthex. I guess I've just gotten lucky that the token has always been in the first area of the Seat of Infinity. Thanks for the response!