How to earn There can Be Only One and maybe True Nektar

Plattitudes

1 hour ago, Vextens said:

That's what I was afraid to hear. I know that it spawns in a random pillar but I'd never seen one anywhere other than the Eternal Narthex. I guess I've just gotten lucky that the token has always been in the first area of the Seat of Infinity. Thanks for the response!

Lol. I had that happen last night, cleaned out the bottom and top level pillars, nothing, did all the pillars on the way to the boss room, then down to the middle section and nothing.  Had to clean out the entire outside area, and then just as im about to bump the token pillar, vim the miniboss jumped me although i killed him earlier.  Ven Nocto wasn t in his hole, and 2 grisha in the starting area.  Such an odd run.  The Butcher is pretty much Godmode.  I thought i d try one more run to see if something triggered, but nope.

Edited by maisie666

20 minutes ago, Plattitudes said:

I don't understand where you're coming from with this. There are 6 unique 2v1's that are possible. GinjAJ and I have now earned the trophy after only 4 runs 3 separate times. There are also a couple other people in this thread saying they earned the trophy after only 4 runs. Just because some people on the forums are saying they earned it after 6 runs doesn't mean they couldn't have earned it quicker if they knew how it worked.

Yes, GinjAJ and I have over 20 recorded variations, but it appears they aren't important. Just start with the 4 runs listed in the original OP, and if the trophy doesn't pop for you I'll be happy to provide you with whatever variation you're looking for. I'd be willing to bet the trophy will pop though.

Yes, the seeds do not guarantee perks out of pillars. We found that out quite quickly because I had a run where all 3 dungeons put the boss token in the final pillar of the level. We thought this would be great for the guide and speed running cycles, but when GinjAJ tried it later, the tokens had moved. Our theory is that the chest and pillar contents are somewhat static... but you would need to re-create a run identically. When you pick up an instinct, the game is then using that data to determine what the new instincts will be.

That's exactly what we're saying. Do those 4 seeds in the OP and you will get your trophy. If you've already done some cycles, simply select the unique final encounters you're missing and you will pop the trophy.

I think you're putting a little bit too much thought into it at this point. Just run the 4 OP cycles, and if the trophy doesn't pop let us know. For now I feel I've seen enough evidence to conclude this is how it works. If new data comes to light after the guide is published, I will return to it and edit it to reflect the correct information.

It's fine mate, I'm not worried about popping the trophy, that's what not Im discussing, trying to discuss precise requirements. I just wanna know whether duos do in fact impact it or not as well. I need to know for future 100% speedruns, I for example might find 4 PERFECT seeds to run, but then what if those 4 have all unique end battles, but not all duos are covered, would it pop the trophy??? Like I say, it's fine for a Trophy Guide but it's for my own optimisation purposes and so I need to know, I'll find out myself I guess then xD

Pillars are all fixed I think, Tokens can move between Free Pillars is all, that's what I found, random like Plattis says. If you know where every Free Pillar is, you could sprint to each one until you get the token. That's what I observed anyway.

Because off the above, not buying the FREE PILLARS runic gate perk may make it easier to find if true!!

Just like not buying the 'Chance for World Items to have Instincts' perk makes item farming quicker

Instinct Pillars along with instincts inside are fixed, but I had perhaps a 'few' occasions where the instincts were different but this was VERY RARE so may be a glitch.

Sometimes it's good to switch the order of ur own collection of pillars due to the above as well. For example, one of ur Seeds I think I was, you start near a Hardening Pillar, and just around the corner is another Hardening Pillar. Now if u collect the nearest first and then the one around the corner, you won't get Super Hard as a choice as the pillar around the corner isn't set to have it, but if u get the pillar around the corner, then get the nearest one, you can get Super Hard then as the nearest one is set to have it of it's the 2nd Hardening perk!!!!

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It's fine mate, I'm not worried about popping the trophy, that's what not Im discussing, trying to discuss precise requirements. I just wanna know whether duos do in fact impact it or not as well. I need to know for future 100% speedruns, I for example might find 4 PERFECT seeds to run, but then what if those 4 have all unique end battles, but not all duos are covered, would it pop the trophy??? Like I say, it's fine for a Trophy Guide but it's for my own optimisation purposes and so I need to know, I'll find out myself I guess then xD

Pillars are all fixed I think, Tokens can move between Free Pillars is all, that's what I found, random like Plattis says. If you know where every Free Pillar is, you could sprint to each one until you get the token. That's what I observed anyway.

Because off the above, not buying the FREE PILLARS runic gate perk may make it easier to find if true!!

Just like not buying the 'Chance for World Items to have Instincts' perk makes item farming quicker

Instinct Pillars along with instincts inside are fixed, but I had perhaps a 'few' occasions where the instincts were different but this was VERY RARE so may be a glitch.

Sometimes it's good to switch the order of ur own collection of pillars due to the above as well. For example, one of ur Seeds I think I was, you start near a Hardening Pillar, and just around the corner is another Hardening Pillar. Now if u collect the nearest first and then the one around the corner, you won't get Super Hard as a choice as the pillar around the corner isn't set to have it, but if u get the pillar around the corner, then get the nearest one, you can get Super Hard then as the nearest one is set to have it of it's the 2nd Hardening perk!!!!

heres the 5 runs it took me with it popping on the 5th.

932648     e st h

429940     t he s

470157     h es t

173141     h et s

720864     s ht e

My 4th run was on the 6 combo theory, but i chose my 5th run because it fit both. 

17 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

heres the 5 runs it took me with it popping on the 5th.

932648     e st h

429940     t he s

470157     h es t

173141     h et s

720864     s ht e

My 4th run was on the 6 combo theory, but i chose my 5th run because it fit both. 

Yea thanks mate, you had already done the duos on the 1st 2 seeds (ST and HE), so still only confirms the last is a requirement, verdict still out on the duos.

I need to try and find some Seeds like;

T HE S 

H ES T 

T HS E 

T ES H 

The  combos above have all the last fights covered but not the duos. So if it's only the last fight, the above variations would pop the trophy, but if not I would need somet like this as well.

H ET S 

I'll look into it myself because at this point I think im pissing a few people off with my effort to find this info which doesn't really mean much I guess anyway

I think I finally see what the point you're trying to make is. What you're saying is that maybe you need to not only get all the unique possible final rounds, but you must also get each Shell to appear in the 2v1 portion at least once. Correct?

If so, I just don't see the logic the developers would've had behind that. If that were the case, why would they not also require that you need to have unique Shells in the 1st round as well? Because clearly that is not the case.

At this point I'm not sure if there's much point discussing it. You'll just need to scour forums looking for orders people played the bosses in. That will become less and less likely going forward as now people know to simply play these 4 seeds and pop the trophy.

If it turns out you're right, kudos. If our guide's out by then I'll go back and fix it.

23 minutes ago, Plattitudes said:

I think I finally see what the point you're trying to make is. What you're saying is that maybe you need to not only get all the unique possible final rounds, but you must also get each Shell to appear in the 2v1 portion at least once. Correct?

If so, I just don't see the logic the developers would've had behind that. If that were the case, why would they not also require that you need to have unique Shells in the 1st round as well? Because clearly that is not the case.

At this point I'm not sure if there's much point discussing it. You'll just need to scour forums looking for orders people played the bosses in. That will become less and less likely going forward as now people know to simply play these 4 seeds and pop the trophy.

If it turns out you're right, kudos. If our guide's out by then I'll go back and fix it.

It's for myself, when trying to optimise, I'll look for perfect seeds that best suit me, but obviously I need to make sure I get the boss order right before I start really opitimising a path.

We all thought that at first, and whichever way you do it, it doesn't make sense with the Trophy Description, each variation in my eyes, would be each Shell in each slot right so 12+ variations. Maybe each variation just means a duo and solo slot

But they seem to just disregard the first battle for whatever reason and make only the 2nd solo count.

If they don't count all positions, its possible they just count a solo and a duo slot. 

I'm not decided right or wrong yet, so it wouldn't be a case of me being right, I'm just purely looking at the variables and this could still be one, I'm not saying it is, but I'm not sure it isn't either!

I dunno, I just gotta confirm for myself, I'll dig out the appropriate seeds from the threads here and there, I'm sure I can find the right ones and will see if the duos mean anything!!

Thanks anyway mate for all the help, will be nice to see the guide once it's up ;)

Edited by Optinooby

Unique final rounds were what did the trick for me as well. My 7 runs:

Solomon, Eredrim & Tiel, Harros

Solomon, Eredrim & Harros, Tiel

Solomon, Eredrim & Tiel, Harros

Eredrim, Harros & Solomon, Tiel

Eredrim, Solomon & Tiel, Harros

Solomon, Harros & Tiel, Eredrim

Harros, Eredrim & Tiel, Solomon

In the run where I finally got Solomon last I got the trophy.

On 25/08/2021 at 4:14 PM, Plattitudes said:

Yes, the seeds do not guarantee perks out of pillars. We found that out quite quickly because I had a run where all 3 dungeons put the boss token in the final pillar of the level. We thought this would be great for the guide and speed running cycles, but when GinjAJ tried it later, the tokens had moved. Our theory is that the chest and pillar contents are somewhat static... but you would need to re-create a run identically. When you pick up an instinct, the game is then using that data to determine what the new instincts will be.

Im messing about with saves now trying to figure out how the game saves because you can Close App and repeatedly farm the same few Pillars to some extent.

And what I'm seeing is sometimes the token spawns in the Pillar!! This is just from keep Closing App and reloading the Seed. Perhaps Closing App messes it up, I don't know without more testing, Quit to Menu and reloading may have the same effect...???

So maybe the Token, although shuffled when you load a Seed for 1st time, it may also get shuffled each time you reload that same Seed File.

So in theory, you could keep Closing App, reloading, checking nearest Pillar for Token, if no, Close App and go again!!! It usually appeared after 3 or 4 Pillar uses.

I don't know mate, something you may wanna look into if you wanna use the Tokens as a mean of speedrunning the Seeds for the Guide.

I wouldn't know exacts until testing the variables more, but those Tokens are definitely shuffling each Close/Reload

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

So in theory, you could keep Closing App, reloading, checking nearest Pillar for Token, if no, Close App and go again!!! It usually appeared after 3 or 4 Pillar uses.

Thanks for the heads up. This is actually something GinjAJ did a few times during his run, and yes, you can keep farming the same pillars until the token shows up. I think he felt it was worth it for Seat of Infinity because the area is huge, but it always seemed like too much of a bother for me to do. It probably is a good idea to mention in the guide though.

20 hours ago, Vextens said:

Alas, still no Precious Seed. Not sure how @TaggumAndBaggum did it. If you see this and could give us a picture of what happened for you, I'd appreciate it!

I messaged him and he told me that he had to do 1 more run after the new patch to get the Precious Seed

With the Patch 1.11 released on PS4 yesterday, I received the precious seed on the 7th completion and could also earn "TrueNektar" as intended.

The Patch fixed the bugged trophies but the Axakatana Special Attack can still bug out your character and lock you out of attacking

I can also confirm that "There can only be one" triggered on the 4th unique final shell as the Opening Post suggested

Edited by Dark-Doomblade

I can also confirm the 4th unique final shell for "There can only be one". on my PS5 version I was writing down which shells I had got and once I got the missing final shell it unlocked, on PS4 I only used 4 seeds for my runs and it unlocked on the 4th.

Just now, Soriklav said:

I can also confirm the 4th unique final shell for "There can only be one". on my PS5 version I was writing down which shells I had got and once I got the missing final shell it unlocked, on PS4 I only used 4 seeds for my runs and it unlocked on the 4th.

Awesome, thanks for the update! Patch must not have been out for the NA version at the time. I'll try again later to see if it's been updated. Thanks again and congrats on the 100%!

36 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

By exploits you mean deleting MAP file to reset falgrim?

I can confirm that the exploits are still there for hte PS4 version. It still works.

mostly anything related to completing the no shell and obsidian form runs, things like using multiple items from your inventory you normally can have used once (like the bells).

Edited by Vern3r0z

4 hours ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

By exploits you mean deleting MAP file to reset falgrim?

I can confirm that the exploits are still there for hte PS4 version. It still works.

That's not been fixed since release, probably never will be. It's crazy you can use it to respawn everything in the VC maps though.

Easy mode would be killing everything, but collecting nothing in FG, then back up ur Map State. Then collect everything, quit, restore Map State, collect everything again and repeat till everything is maxed XD. Thing is doing a lot of exploits, just like this 1 are not really necessary, though it would be nice to get items faster than keep reloading a fresh seed 

3 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

mostly anything related to completing the no shell and obsidian form runs, things like using multiple items from your inventory you normally can have used once (like the bells).

Oh have they patched that?? I keep cancelling the update but it's because I wanna do some testing with the close app trick and try to figure out how/when the game autosaves and exactly how the RNG works.

I thought they may patch it so it saves instantly making it harder to use Close App to observe other things

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

That's not been fixed since release, probably never will be. It's crazy you can use it to respawn everything in the VC maps though.

Easy mode would be killing everything, but collecting nothing in FG, then back up ur Map State. Then collect everything, quit, restore Map State, collect everything again and repeat till everything is maxed XD. Thing is doing a lot of exploits, just like this 1 are not really necessary, though it would be nice to get items faster than keep reloading a fresh seed 

Oh have they patched that?? I keep cancelling the update but it's because I wanna do some testing with the close app trick and try to figure out how/when the game autosaves and exactly how the RNG works.

I thought they may patch it so it saves instantly making it harder to use Close App to observe other things

I dont know if they have patched it, thats why im asking before i update my game

EDIT: I updated the game and everything seems to be working the same still.

Edited by Vern3r0z

@Plattitudes 

I'm working on the DLC proper now and I've noticed something weird and just wanted to know what your thoughts on it are and whether u encountered something similar or different across ur many plays.

So Eredrim Anointed Butcher usually gives a fixed +20 Damage Instinct. But now I'm getting a +10 to all Resist Instincts with it.........

This may be a PS4/PS5 thing, I've been playing this across many accounts and different versions so I would have to have a better look, but think it was PS5 with the Damage and PS4 with the Resists.

It may be something else entirely, have you noticed this......??? 

EDIT: Forget it, fixed now with 1.11, seems to be anyway, pretty weird though 

EDIT 2

After now unlocking Yellow King shade, it seems Anointed Butcher had the bonus from that. Probably a bug

Edited by Optinooby

@Plattitudes 

Hi mate, have you or your co-writer figured out why the contents in chests change after so many runs of the same seed??

It's really annoying me as it messes up farming runs, I can't utilise a Seed with chest farming because it can change. Loose items don't change unless it has a Instinct, but Chests are where you get lots of good stuff at once and are not affected by Abundance so really want to try and figure it out why it happens.

So far I figured out it's NOT connected to any Runic Gate upgrades like I initially thought. I've been playing through for hours now without any upgrades purchased and the chest contents changed. I had a seed where Vim spawns next to you along with a Chest with 2 x Nascent Tars, but now the chest has changed.

Another thing funny thing is on PS4, when it started happening on another account few days back, I loaded a seed where the items had changed, I then save and quit. I then went to system save and deleted Map State (while still in the seed), loaded VC save back, I spawned back into the seed (obviously everything had respawned due to deleting Map State), but that chest had now had the earlier contents in.

So while still in the SAME seed, I had looted a chest, got items C and D, then deleted Map State, resumed straight back into the seed where I was and now that seed chest had gone back to item A and B. (Though when I died and began that seed again, the chest had gone back to items C and D).

Do you know why this happens or even if not, do you have any theories I can look into?? 

I'm beginning to think that perhaps when you have played a specific seed a number of times, a few things just change, like the chests for example. Just another form of the RNG it uses.

Loose items don't change other than Abundance perk, but we know Pillar Instincts can change, so maybe Chests are a little similar as well??

Any thoughts you have will be appreciated, thanks ;)

@Optinooby

I have no idea. We struggled with how much item farming we should include in the guide as we were both carrying 30 stacks of everything by the end. We both bought everything at the runic gate by about playthrough 5.

Honestly, we didn't even want to include it much, but we saw that it was apparently important to some people, so we hunted for seeds with nearby items, not full runs.

I know you're doing something specific with the game so you want to farm items, but our personal search just ended with finding specific locations since the chests change. Sorry mate, but we really didn't delve much further than that.

Edited by Plattitudes

30 minutes ago, Plattitudes said:

@Optinooby

I have no idea. We struggled with how much item farming we should include in the guide as we were both carrying 30 stacks of everything by the end. We both bought everything at the runic gate by about playthrough 5.

Honestly, we didn't even want to include it much, but we saw that it was apparently important to some people, so we hunted for seeds with nearby items, not full runs.

I know you're doing something specific with the game so you want to farm items, but our personal search just ended with finding specific locations since the chests change. Sorry mate, but we really didn't delve much further than that.

Thanks for the response. Yea no worries, I think the chest contents are just another RNG factor that eventually change so I may just do what you did and not focus on it too much.

In regards to farming, think it's best if I just provided a item farming route with where all the loose items and chests may spawn. At least then, although items may change, locations do not so anyone can just pick any seed and sprint through grabbing the items!

Great work on the guide btw to you and your co-writer. Lots of useful info in there which is going to greatly help everyone and many thanks for getting it up quick. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it's greatly appreciated ;)

15 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for the response. Yea no worries, I think the chest contents are just another RNG factor that eventually change so I may just do what you did and not focus on it too much.

In regards to farming, think it's best if I just provided a item farming route with where all the loose items and chests may spawn. At least then, although items may change, locations do not so anyone can just pick any seed and sprint through grabbing the items!

Great work on the guide btw to you and your co-writer. Lots of useful info in there which is going to greatly help everyone and many thanks for getting it up quick. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it's greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks for the nice words man. Respect right back at ya. I used your persona 5 walkthrough and it was great.

• Like 1

At this point I'm at a complete loss for True Nektar. We now have achievers on the PS5 and the EU and JP stacks on PS4. I just finished another run as a NA player and still didn't get the last seed I need to turn into the Sister. I'm just unsure what I need. I would think that patches aren't rolled out on a regional basis and my game says it's up to date when I check for updates. I'll keep checking periodically but I'm stumped.

• Like 1