Resistance Mode adds one Trophy

Elite_Sniper001

8 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

There is an easy way do to this , if you have the perk to disable weapons , use it and keep 1 enemy alive the whole time , that way, no more will spawn ;)

Also I highly recommend using spiderbot too to assist, they can hack from distances 

Leaving one alive doesn't work unfortunately. I tried it and more guards keep spawning anyway.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I’m about to start my Resistance mode play through…

I have a question concerning cloud saves. Can I use the in game option to save/load from the cloud or do I need to use the PS plus cloud (and turn off auto-sync)? Presumably the in game option is some sort of Ubisoft cloud?

Just looking for a bit of clarification. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Mike9_LO

13 minutes ago, Mike9_LO said:

I’m about to start my Resistance mode play through…

I have a question concerning cloud saves. Can I use the in game option to save/load from the cloud or do I need to use the PS plus cloud (and turn off auto-sync)? Presumably the in game option is some sort of Ubisoft cloud?

Just looking for a bit of clarification. 

Thanks in advance. 

you can use either one or both

18 minutes ago, Mike9_LO said:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Just to clarify then that the two methods of cloud saving/loading are not linked?

yes. The game has its own cloud save. PS+ own clouds. Completely different 

you can even use this method to pop the trophy on PS5. Just make sure you haven’t finished the last mission. Or have the checkpoint at the start of the final mission. Upload it to game’s clouds. Download it and complete it there. 

Edited by ZEE11W

• 7 months later...

Finished this last night. It wasn't too bad overall, however there are definitely a couple of spots that can cause a lot of trouble, especially Defanging the Flock since each time you fail and reload a save you have to make your way back up Tower Bridge again, clearing enemies as you go. The number one thing to remember is to make backup saves frequently using either Ubisoft Cloud uploads, PS+, or USB. The benefit of using Ubisoft Cloud is that you don't have to exit the game every time, so backing up your save takes a couple of minutes each time.

If you have access to Wrench through the Season Pass I would highly recommend taking the time to collect a couple of hundred Tech points right away to spend on upgrades. Having the ability to hack the various types of drones and turrets comes in handy during certain fights, and since Wrench has access to a cargo drone that is significantly faster than the default ones you can move around very quickly, picking up Tech points with your spiderbot and then flying away. Even the trapped Tech point locations become trivial since you can just fly away from the drones that spawn and most of the time you'll lose them before they find you.

A few other tips, some of which have been mentioned before:

• having access to Aiden and Wrench makes things easier, but they aren't necessary. Turning a borough Defiant will award you with an operative, so it might be worth the time to get the Hacker and Drone Expert operatives from their respective boroughs as they definitely come in handy. I used both multiple times during my playthrough, not just Aiden and Wrench. I also used the Spy with his silenced pistol to clear some areas prior to me bringing in my main operator. They have a silenced pistol that one shots pretty much any enemy with a headshot so they're quite handy to have on the roster.
  • fully upgrading the spiderbot and getting the health increase should be your first order of business when it comes to Tech point spending
  • if you are being chased by police or drones and don't want to bother trying to escape, just exit to the main menu and then continue. The game will put you back without a wanted level etc. This also applies to most missions where you need to escape after completing your objective. If you exit the game and then reload you will have "escaped".
  • a lot of the mission objectives can be completed with a spiderbot, so it's always best to do recon with the spiderbot first to see how much you can do with that, and only go into a restricted area if the game forces it
  • using a cargo drone to fly over an objective area and then dropping your spiderbot to do recon is a good way to speed things up. If you don't have to enter an area and can basically drop the spiderbot on top of the objective then all you need to do is gather the info and then "scarper" as Bagley would say
  • make a backup save after every mission unless you know for a fact that the upcoming mission presents no danger, and sometimes make backup saves mid-mission as well if you don't want to start from the beginning in case of a death
  • if you choose to upload Skye Larson at the end of Into the Void (as opposed to killing her) then you won't have to deal with additional guards before you can exit
  • the mission Falling From Grace can be completed using a spiderbot, so you don't actually have to go into the mansion to perform the hack, you only need to enter right at the end of the mission when you need to confront Mary Kelly.
  • the mission The Malik Dossier can be done using a Drone Expert as opposed to Aiden. This operative has access to a personal drone that can one-shot both the microwave drones and the Albion guards during the hacking section, so if you hide somewhere you can just fly the drone around zapping people one at a time until the very end where you just need to shoot a few drones with your gun to finish off the section.
  • if you take down all the guards in both towers on Tower Bridge prior to the hacking section of Defanging the Flock you will not get any Albion guards during the hacking section, only drones, which makes it (somewhat) easier. Alternatively, the hacking portion of the mission can be done using a spiderbot as opposed to in-person, you just have to initiate the hack with the spiderbot and then hide it directly under the hacking console on one of the bridge supports and wait until the hack ends.
  • the boss fight at the end of London's Protectors is tough but not terrible, and seems to hinge a lot on luck with enemy spawns more than anything else. Being able to hack the Riot Drones that spawn and turn them against your enemies helps quite a bit, and overall I didn't have as much trouble with it as I thought I would. Using Aiden makes this easier due to his ability to get a damage buff on reload, so you can one or two shot most of the enemies after a couple of reloads as long as the buff hasn't worn off. The main thing is to take your time and be careful, moving when it's safe to do so and dealing with guards and drones before completing the puzzle to power up the EMP.
  • when defending during the Tower hack during Hard Reset, shoot down the smaller drones until a Riot Drone turns up, they have it Betray it's allies to take some of the heat off. This section isn't too hard since most of the drones are small and die in one hit, and you can keep running around the tower core to break line of sight. I had no real issue with this fight.
  • near the very end of Hard Reset when you need to destroy two temperature regulators, you don't have to kill all the guards that spawn after destroying the first one. You can just jump over the railing and run to the second console, and as soon as you destroy the second regulator all the guards despawn.

Basically, once you defeat Nigel Cass at the end of London's Protectors you're home free. Nothing after that is particularly difficult, and the missions where you might actually die allow for deaths and respawn even though it's permadeath.

Having played through the game twice I would not recommend people choosing Resistance Mode for their first playthrough since you can't change difficulty or disable Permadeath afterwards. You will still need to do a lot of stuff after finishing the main story that will be made more difficult by playing on Resistance Mode. All things being equal I'd recommend playing once on Easy or Normal, and save your Resistance Mode playthrough for a second run once you are familiar with the game, missions, abilities, etc.