Do PS1 games appear in the PSN profile?

fistofnorthstar7

PS1 and PS2 classics on PS3 don't have trophy support, so they won't appear on your PSNProfiles on here.

The only thing that does show at all is when playing a PS1 classic, is it will display on your profile (if you're online) that you're playing it (same as how it shows what game someone is currently playing on your friends list). At least that used to be the case anyway. This doesn't happen for PS2 classics since the console takes you completely offline when you start them, as it's essentially switching to a different OS.

• Like 4

On top of everything else already said, PS3 games without trophy support will not show up on your profile either.

So the only way people will know if you've played the amazing game Folklore, they would have to be online at the time you're playing it.

Then on top of that, some of the games that later got trophy support patched in won't show up on your profile if you decline the patch or you play them while in offline mode and connect your profile later. Some games got newer disc versions printed later with the trophy support patched on the disc. Uncharted 1, MGS4, Disgaea 3, GTAIV and Star Wars: Force Unleashed off the top of my head are some examples.

Sony recently showed a patent that could enable trophies for PS1 and PS2 classics on PS5. I don't see why they don't implement that, maybe they will with PS now, but an extra cash for Sony is always welcome I presume, so I really hope it happens.

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

On 31/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, Ptirle said:

Sony recently showed a patent that could enable trophies for PS1 and PS2 classics on PS5. I don't see why they don't implement that, maybe they will with PS now, but an extra cash for Sony is always welcome I presume, so I really hope it happens.

You can patents things you aren't able to execute yet.

On 31/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, Ptirle said:

They have patented many things that never ever materialized. Like PSP trophies on the PSP itself.

Edited by Lance_87